Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
That was amazing, thanks everyone! I'll vote later but for now: gently caress. Clockwork. Cove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Elephant Ambush posted:

MVP = Brute for literally stomping the boss to death like Mario on a goomba. That was hilarious.

City Event: Option B. Get that money! We're firmly established assholes at this point.

Shopping: I vote that both Bullwinkle and Master Splinter should buy a Battle Axe. That thing owns. Cragheart should buy the Piercing Bow.

Next scenario: I vote 11. Full disclosure here, I've never played 11 so I'd like to see it. Also gently caress it let's go all-in on this bad guy thing.

Oh yeah and I agree with the poster below that if we do 11 or 12 we should all donate to the Sanctuary.

I agree with all of this. We are already terrible people, so what's a little more evil?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Hounds MVP, then Rocky for the Rocky Punch.

City event: A - help the guards

No preferences on shopping.

Yes we are, does Jekserah have any spare skull uniform for us?(Gloomhaven Square A)

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

City event Option A.

Everyone should donate. Always :P

Gloomhaven Square A, just because I did B in my game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
MVP - Cragheart for keeping Brute topped off, Explosive Punch and Forceful Storm.
City Event: Help the guards
Shopping: I think it's time the Brute got a Healing Potion
Gloomhaven Square - Can I side with whichever gets more votes? Both are great.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Great round! Mvp for me goes to brute for eating that entire first round of hound attacks, I'll vote a bit later

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Clearly this group isn't so much evil as Lawful Misguided.

Not voting against any of the purchasing suggestions, but I am voting in favor of all three characters donating before the next scenario.

And let's do 11: Square A so we can end that stupid military rule of the city. The Torch Thieves are concerned for the well-being of all people, including dogs, citizens, wagons (they're people in this world, right), and even undead. Unless someone is paying to have them killed.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

City Event: Option B.

Gloomhaven Square A.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Awesome, glad we got through.

City Event: A. We didn't just level up the Prosperity of the city to go ahead and destabilise it now.

Destination: Gloomhaven Square B. Having a city in the grip of a ruthless military regime or a ruthless capitalist regime isn't really ideal either way, but the preview shows Jekserah is working with cultists and I don't like that as much. Also, it's slightly funnier to me this way. We go right to the brink and then wheel around and backstab her. Torch Thieves!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
You can't lose prosperity if you've just gotten to the next level.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
City event A
Scenario 12 The Torch Thieves might make mistakes, but they wouldn't knowingly work with an army of undead.
Everyone donates, Rocky buys a Weighted Net, and Splinter buys a Battle Axe I like that the weighted net is refreshable crowd control, and usually once per rest cycle you can find an opportunity to benefit from an immobilized enemy.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
One of our players had to drop out, so it looks like we'll have our first returning player for this one! :)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

This is now a million miles from my home game so... Hell yeah I'll volunteer.

I'm not very good at this game

Fake edit : this is unconnected to the above post.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
^^^^^^^^^^^ Welcome aboard!

City Management IV, Update 1

City Event 6, resolution posted:

Effect: +5XP each, +1 Prosperity! SPOILER for outcome B: Gaining a random Item Design is an unusually lucrative outcome (especially if the only price is -1rep if rep>4, which would have been "free" of consequences for us, since our current rep is 2).
I'm sure this is completely unrelated with us killing a tribe of Vermlings a few days ago!
- Master Splinter's updated XP: 67
- Rocky's updated XP: 68
- Bullwinkle's updated XP: 67

Finances posted:

Having a look at the economic side, it looks like there is a strong lead for donating with Master Splinter and Rocky.
- Master Splinter's updated gold: 65
- Rocky's updated gold: 39
Both gain 2xBLESS cards for the next Scenario and our total Donations to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary rises to 7.

- Master Splinter is buying a Battle-Axe. So she's now a diminutive rat-person with a teeth necklace and a battle axe :3:
- Master Splinter's updated gold: 45
These were the clear cut decision...now let's have a look at the less clear ones:

Finances part 2 posted:

Bullwinkle's financial situation is a bit more blurry since he's not as rich as the rest of the party. He only has 28 gold, at the moment, so should he (choose one):
A) Buy a Battle-axe for 20 gold, sell Shield for 10, donate for 10; (EDIT: though the b-axe was 2 handed! Thanks Piell for the correction!)
B) Buy a Battle-axe for 20 gold, keep 8;
C) Donate 10 gold, keep 18;
D) Donate 10 gold, buy a Minor Healing Potion for 10, keep 8 (NOTE: he won't be able to use both the Stamina and the Healing potion at the same time until he's Level 3).

Rocky's options are also not so clear. After the donation, it still has 39 gold. Should it (choose one):
1) Buy nothing;
2) Buy a Piercing Bow;
3) Buy a Weighted Net.
These are the Current Tallies for the remaining votes:

Votes so far... posted:

MVP:
- Bullwinkle: 3 votes.
- Hounds: 2 votes.
- Rocky: 2 votes.

Next scenario:
- Gloomhaven Square A(11): 8 votes.
- Gloomhaven Square B(12): 4 votes.
- Clockwork Cove: 1 vote.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 23 posted:

:shrek: :itwaspoo: :shrek:

PLEASE KEEP VOTING FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices:
- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 9!
- Bullwinkle's finances :10bux: (option A, B, C or D).
- Rocky's finances :10bux: (option 1, 2 or 3).
- Our Next Destination.
- Road Event outcome (option A or B).

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 11, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

D
Road Event B

No way this isn't a trap, right?

Slaan fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 11, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The Battle Axe is one-handed, so you can use a shield with it. With that said

B
MVP: Hounds
Gloomhaven Square B
Road Event A

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
B
Road Event: A

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Piell posted:

The Battle Axe is one-handed, so you can use a shield with it. With that said

Oh crap you're right! Thanks!

I have corrected the post above.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
No road event since 11 and 12 both take place in Gloomhaven.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Didn't we decide before this last scenario to just always do a road event?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zack Ater posted:

Didn't we decide before this last scenario to just always do a road event?

Yeah, since the idea was both to display more content and to prevent issues where we have to wait for the Scenario to be picked before doing a Road Event.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Forgot about that.

Option B then.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Brute: D

Craggy: 2

G Square A

Road Event Option A

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Bullwinkle : A

Rocky : 3

Scenario A

Road Option B

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
MVP: Doggos

Bullwinkle: B

Rocky: 1 (why are we trifling with these single-target disables when we could add stun to Explosive Punch???)

Gloomhaven Square A

Road Event B

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management IV, Update 2 and Scenario 11 Preamble

MVP and Finance outcome posted:

- MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 9: those were some Good Doggos! :agesilaus:
- Bullwinkle's finances: (B) Buy a Battle-axe for 20 gold (Remaining gold: 8).
- Rocky's finances: (2) Buy a Piercing Bow (Remaining gold: 9).
Our party is poor again (except for Master Splinter) but at least they are armed to the teeth!

Road Event 23, resolution posted:

Effect: +2 gold each, -1 Reputation!
We literally just robbed a poopin' man. There is a special place in hell for people like us :v:
- Master Splinter's remaining gold: 47.
- Rocky's remaining gold: 11.
- Bullwinkle's remaining gold: 10.
- The Torch Thieves's Reputation: 1.

UPDATED SHEETS GO HERE

Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 11 - Gloomhaven Square A

Scenario 11 - Gloomhaven Square A - Location posted:

Unsurprisingly, Gloomhaven Square is in the center of the town. We can also see the other Square Scenario and Gloomhaven Warehouse (Scenario 8) marked with a small IMMOBILIZED symbol, since they are now blocked to us.

Scenario 11 - Gloomhaven Square A - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 3 before starting it:
Links to: Gloomhaven.
Requirements: End of the Invasion (Global) INCOMPLETE.
Goal: Kill the Captain of the Guard.
Tiles in the Scenario:

Map Layout:

Scenario 11 - Gloomhaven Square A - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
Living Bones:

Living Corpses:

City Guard:

City Archer:

Captain of the Guard (BOSS)

NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!
For the first time, we have full info on every single creature in this Scenario.

Scenario 11 - Gloomhaven Square A - Introduction posted:

Jekserah’s plan is troubling, but it is certainly sound in some dark, twisted sense. You’ve seen the guards on the wall. They can barely fight back the Vermlings, and their taxation is strangling the town and your own pocket.
With an army of undead, the merchants can govern the city into an age of prosperity and keep it safe from the forces outside the walls.
“So are you ready to take the fate of this city into your own hands, mercenaries?”
You nod in assent. “My army is ready. We march for the Ghost Fortress!” A commotion in the foyer startles you away from Jekserah’s rally. Rushing into the room, you see a troop of soldiers standing over the bodies of Jekserah’s Inox guards.
“This ends now!” Argeise points a crossbow at you. “I tried to warn you. Do you have any idea what you are unleashing on the city?”
“It’s too late,” Jekserah spits from behind you, “They can’t stop us! My army has already dispersed into the city. It will only grow with every guard who falls.”
Jekserah turns to you. “Head to the Ghost Fortress. If the Captain of the Guard falls, any resistance to our new order will fall soon after.”
Scenario Special Rules
All Living Bones and Living Corpses are allies to you and enemies to all other monster types.
If we had trusted Argeise SPOILER FOR SCENARIO 8 we would have fought the 2 Bodyguards in the Warehouse, as a double Boss. In case of victory, Jekserah would have been chased away from the city and we could have pursued her in a new Scenario chain or abandoned that path altogether.

Players spaw tiles are marked with a STRENGTHEN token.
Slaan, Phelddagrif and Reik please provide:
- Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding, if you change something);
- Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM;
- Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.

These are the Battle Goals for the Scenario (active players, please keep your secrets till the end of the game!):

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 12, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Unless we're going for a negative reputation campaign - and it's been shaky! - I don't think -1 reputation for a whole 6 gold was even remotely worth it. :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Unless we're going for a negative reputation campaign - and it's been shaky! - I don't think -1 reputation for a whole 6 gold was even remotely worth it. :)

We also have have made someone walk around with poopy pants, so you have to quantify that somehow!

Also, I've added the Battle Goals for this Scenario to the post and sent out PMs to our active players!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 13, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
:neckbeard:

I'm so hype for this! Good luck everyone!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Actually I was wrong, disregard what was here if you saw it previously!

Zurai fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 12, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Right, so this scenario... It's tough! Not gonna lie.

One thing we'll need to make sure we do is leave ourselves enough cards to take on the boss. Try to avoid losing cards unless absolutely necessary - we've got a long road ahead of us!

This first room isn't too fancy, but Bullwinkle and Splinter will need to be aware of the possibility of the Bones taking up all the melee spots. I'll just be doing some ranged damage to the group and setting up Earth for use next round.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'll start in hexes either D3 or D4 and try and go in and get a spot to smack some people before the Living Bones can get in there and jam it up.

Well, maybe I should hang back and let the living bones take some hits. They have those self healing cards anyways.

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 12, 2019

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Also, since it may not be obvious, because the undead are our allies this time, we can freely move through them (and vice versa). For example, I could Move 2 from D2 to B2.

I'm not intending to move this turn though - just going around the middle of the round, and tossing out a small heal after my attack to whoever needs it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I'll be deploying up down near the bottom and preparing myself for later strikes, which requires acting slowly. I can do some minor damage from range. Our undead friends can deal with these screwballs for the most part.

We'll need to move fast, though. So we don't end up without cards later in the scenario.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
It seems to me we've got two options:

1. Tip the skirmish in favor of our undead allies and then move on to the next group.
2. Eradicate the guards and snowball undead to the final room.

Eradicating the guards would take longer, but might make the final room easier. However, monster AI is dumb, and we might spend time helping out a bunch of skeletons and corpses that sit around doing nothing for 4 rounds.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, one of the problem with any friendly AI-run units, whether they're friendly monsters or player summons, is that they will sit around with their thumbs up their collective asses doing absolutely nothing if there are no enemies present. They won't try to move towards the next room, they won't heal up or buff up. They just sit there with no focus. Allies without high movement will almost certainly get left behind even if they don't get killed -- or you'll spend so much time trying to shepherd them to the boss that you're almost out of cards by the time you get there.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Probably move fast but open doors, i think. Opening the door quick will probably start another npc fight. By the time we get done with these guys and move in the next guards should be close to death. That should keep us moving fast.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

Probably move fast but open doors, i think. Opening the door quick will probably start another npc fight. By the time we get done with these guys and move in the next guards should be close to death. That should keep us moving fast.

That works for me.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
You will all exhaust before your allies get anywhere near the final room. They are slow as molasses and the bones don't even move like 25% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

True. Just moving fast and letting the undead delay is probably the best option. Letting the undead die now is also probably good for the Sudden But Inevitable Betrayal that's sure to happen