Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

friendbot2000 posted:

Amazon has had a myriad of shady IP and patent scandals that just get buried in the constant diarrhea news cycle. Basically, they steal people's products, market it as Amazon Basics or the Amazon Choice and drive them out of business.

As far as Amazon is concerned, you could view the Prime program as somewhat anticompetitive - it leverages substantial media streaming, its acquisitions (i.e. discount on Washington Post articles), and web services (photo storage) to create a captive consumer base. In addition to the perks that Amazon offers because it is an enormous corporation, it has a broad hardware program to further encourage a captive market. It has those buttons which automatically order things, Amazon locks (which won't work with other companies), and Alexa. In my view, Amazon has created a program intended to culture a consumer base that thinks "well I could buy X or Y anywhere, but I might as well order it from Amazon because I'd be wasting my membership otherwise". And it's uniquely capable of doing so, because it is a large corporation.

As an aside, the 2-day (or shorter) shipping will need to be eliminated in the near future. It's true that delivery of goods is typically more environmentally friendly than going to a store, but the promise of a delivery window makes this much less true. Amazon is even hiring individuals to deliver goods in passenger vehicles, which is clearly bad practice in almost every way.

edit: have a capybara, an Amazonian native rodent

Eeyo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

twice burned ice posted:

Manafort is a rich person. He is going to jail. You are wrong.

Unless you'd like to claim that he "betrayed his class" by committing tax and bank fraud?

tbf he routinely stole from dictators and fellow horrible people, ultimately leading to him seeking out Trump and drawing the spotlight (because he didn't want to be murdered by Oleg Deripaska)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

intellectual property laws are theft from the working class :smug:

the last time I saw this come up, aside from people not knowing what white label products are, the only patent example someone could point to was a laptop stand which was a U shaped piece of aluminum that even the stand makers said that Amazon's own laptop stand was sufficiently different from theirs that they couldn't enforce their ornamental design patent

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Mar 9, 2019

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

While looking into China dealings look into McConnell’s wife FBI thanks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

not surprised at all. these cowardly fucks will just make up a new name until they get doxed again.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

What would a Fox News debate even be? We’d probably get questions about why they’re personally aborting babies a few months after they were born

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1104434651064659970

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Again? Didn't someone just post his bail too?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
it's fun to celebrate alex jones being off twitter but i think people really should worry about how much power twitter has over the world's discourse

the fact people think of it as a free speech space when it's controlled by some rich oligarchs is scary to me

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1104436968631517184

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

he's led an otherwise blameless life, add five days to his sentence and tell him to cheer up

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

alpha_destroy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiIla9Mqo1I

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

alpha_destroy posted:

This is seen as a racist conspiracy against R Kelly and it’s circle the wagons time.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

My question is how was this story able to be reported by the press but the prison obviously had no loving clue?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Your Taint posted:

My question is how was this story able to be reported by the press but the prison obviously had no loving clue?

It seems like it would be laughably easy and cheap for him to pay off prison guards.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He will definitely claim he seduced a woman guard.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Prison is too easy for him. In an ideal world, this smirking sewer rat would end up as Gostface Killah's permanent punching bag. And I do not mean metaphorically.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

maybe he bribed the guards with prescription medicine discounts

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
https://twitter.com/katiedoesntknow/status/1104406711648038915

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1104405526069297152

quote:

The short bio of Yang on the website, identifying her as the founder and CEO of GY US Investments, shows her in a photo with Trump bearing his signature. It says she has been “settled in the United States for more than 20 years” and is a member of the “Presidential Fundraising Committee.” According to the Herald, Yang is a registered Republican, and since 2017 she and her relatives have donated more than $42,000 to a Trump political action committee and more than $16,000 to Trump’s campaign. Her Facebook page, which was taken offline on Friday, was loaded with photos of her posing with GOP notables: Donald Trump Jr., Rep. Matt Gaetz or Florida, Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, among others.

On a page displaying a photo of Mar-a-Lago, Yang’s company says its “activities for clients” have included providing them “the opportunity to interact with the president, the [American] Minister of Commerce and other political figures.”

The GY US Investments website lists upcoming events at Mar-a-Lago at which Yang’s clients presumably can mingle with Trump or members of his family. This includes something called the International Leaders Elite Forum, where Trump’s sister, Elizabeth Trump Grau, will supposedly be the featured speaker. Attendees, the site says, will include “Chinese elites from various countries, including the US states, as well as elite leaders from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia, Europe and other countries and regions.” Another event for which Yang’s firm says it can provide access is Trump’s annual New Year’s celebration at Mar-a-Lago. Elsewhere on the website, the firm boasts that “GY Company arranged a number of guests to attend the 2019 New Year’s Eve dinner. All the guests took photos with” members of Trump’s family. This page displays photos of Chinese executives and a Chinese movie star with Donald Trump Jr., suggesting that these pics were arranged by the company, and also includes a photo of Yang with Elizabeth Trump Grau.
:dudsmile:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
They're gonna start calling anyone who brings up the human trafficking lady racist aren't they?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Nonsense posted:

This is seen as a racist conspiracy against R Kelly and it’s circle the wagons time.

P much every poc I know sees r kelly as an example of this country's disregard for black women and not as a racist conspiracy against r kelly. like everyone loving knows r kelly is a sex offender, that's been public knowledge since the video of him peeing on a 14 year old girl got out

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

They're gonna start calling anyone who brings up the human trafficking lady racist aren't they?

It's probably anti-semitic as well. It's well known that there is a trope of Jews eating Chinese food at Christmas, and therefore Meghan McCain is going to need to cry and rant again.

The Democrats are the real racists.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I would like to know if Trump knows who she is. I think it might matter if he turns a blind eye to human trafficking in office.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

RuanGacho posted:

I would like to know if Trump knows who she is. I think it might matter if he turns a blind eye to human trafficking in office.

What if she turns out to be a Chinese spy? Would that matter?

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Joe Truglio?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
The fake Melania stuff is weird cuz 1) that woman doesn't look all that similar 2) is like 4 or 5 inches shorter than Melania (who is about an inch shorter than Trump in flats 3) actually holds his hand, and not just touches his hand but is like hanging on for dear life and 4) has totally different walk, actually walks ahead of Trump and just has wildly different body language in general

E: said better here https://twitter.com/ayglsr/status/1104400871516004352

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 9, 2019

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Herstory Begins Now posted:

The fake Melania stuff is weird cuz 1) that woman doesn't look all that similar 2) is like 4 or 5 inches shorter than Melania (who is about an inch shorter than Trump in flats 3) actually holds his hand, and not just touches his hand but is like hanging on for dear life and 4) has totally different walk, actually walks ahead of Trump and just has wildly different body language in general
I think it's just that models look wholly different when not on camera and she's just not as made up and "posey" as normal. She's not parting her lips slightly to slim her face for example.
The real question is why is trump letting her get away with dressing down?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Maybe the real Melania is on vacation.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

This seems too dumb to be a real thing. Also, Trump is engaged in active treason, a fake Melania almost seems like more of a way to take the air out of the room to keep the scandal fire from building.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

E: said better here https://twitter.com/ayglsr/status/1104400871516004352

Source your quotes Louise

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
USPOL: This seems too dumb to be a real thing. Also,

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Of course you all doubted the obvious truth

https://twitter.com/TomDangora/status/1104427859559489538

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

lmao

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Merkinman posted:

For Google, separate out:
Search
Maps
GMail
Android
etc

Facebook:
Facebook.com
Instagram
Whatsapp
Occulus
etc

Though I find it funny everyone likes to poo poo on those 3, but yet Apple, the first TRILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, is still thought of as a plucky underdog.

For some of us oldies it's memories of decades of apple getting the poo poo kicked out of it by everyone else that we have to overcome.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

For some of us oldies it's memories of decades of apple getting the poo poo kicked out of it by everyone else that we have to overcome.

Apple has pretty much always understood itself to be a luxury/aspirational brand; even when they were lost in the desert, it wasn’t that they didn’t know who their customers were, but rather didn’t know what to sell them.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

So it seems Democrat’s are coming out in favor of legislation of weed. This could be pretty big for younger turnout right?

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

SocketWrench posted:

Do you have good memories of Apple? I'm actually serious. I just remember them being the computers i couldn't build or upgrade.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Boris Galerkin posted:

Literally nobody understands the difference between a visa, residence permit, or “travel authorization.”

All I know is when I went I had a passport and the guy behind a counter stamped it on the way in and said "Welcome to the Netherlands"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Harton posted:

So it seems Democrat’s are coming out in favor of legislation of weed. This could be pretty big for younger turnout right?

It’s gonna be funny watching congenitally square, cautious politicians trying to out-flank each other...[Jon Stewart voice] on weeeeed.

Bernie is going to propose people’s grow co-ops and a national prohibition on reggies.