Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

:nws:One last Doomsday Clock #9 spoiler:nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finally, Doomsday Clock is good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Young Justice #3 gonna make a number of people mad.

I do hope we get some kind of further explanation on Connor though. At least he evidently hasn't been aged down again like the art would suggest.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

X-O posted:

Young Justice #3 gonna make a number of people mad.

I do hope we get some kind of further explanation on Connor though. At least he evidently hasn't been aged down again like the art would suggest.

Mad because of stuff that happens or mad because nothing happens? I want to support the book but I’m sick of decompression and may wait for trade.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Doomsday Clock #9 is terrible, definitely a series low point. It's a bunch of superheroes punching Dr. Manhattan for no clear reason, while he tussles with them, again for no clear reason. Meanwhile, he travels in time to prove a point to Firestorm, something which Dr. Manhattan canonically cannot do.

Professor Stein referring to "grooming" Ronnie Raymond feels in extremely poor taste, into the bargain.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
#8 was leaning heavily toward 'Professor Stein has been dead for years; Ronnie is hallucinating him these days.'. I didn't like that idea at all, but now I wish that was how it had gone

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Beerdeer posted:

Mad because of stuff that happens or mad because nothing happens? I want to support the book but I’m sick of decompression and may wait for trade.

Mad because it's revealed that Conner is married and has a son (and it's not with Cassie) even though the art makes him look like he's 16.The 'Not with Cassie" part is probably what's going to make people mad. So I guess stuff that happens?

X-O fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 6, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Android Blues posted:

no clear reason

Nobody messes with our pal Superman!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/status/1103333775050588167

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well Tom, let me tell you about this lovely character who wears a red helmet... or hood if you like...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

He will be the one doing the killing :getin:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Those Doomsday Clock and Young Justice spoilers are divine

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Well, I just read YJ. I gotta say, I was not expecting that and I'm not sure I can possibly be happy about anything it entails. Oof.

Doomsday Clock was kind of neat in some ways but it still feels a bit meandering. It's weird when this was kind of the Superpowered Moneyshot we were all expecting.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno if the new Batman did anything but rehash the Bat/Cat stuff, but I still liked it. Better times.
Great art, even if it was also rehashing those David Mazzucchelli by way of Lee Weeks and Mitch Gerads vibes.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Does anyone know if Joshua Williamson has ever given an estimate of about how long his run on Flash is going to be? I'm kind of hoping for a new creative team for a jumping on point.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Maybe he's trying to beat Waid's issue count. He's already passed up Johns. Either way I'm super done with this Forces poo poo and Barry Allen: Year One sounds like the boringest thing imaginable.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.

Roth posted:

Finally, Doomsday Clock is good.

Finally, Doomsday Clock Cock is good.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Cocks notwithstanding, things actually happened in this issue so I didn't hate it!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Justice League continues to be the best and I can't believe it took DC so long to figure out that by combining Morrison's and the animated series together you get an awesome team.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

If only it was truly the animated team.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I was okay with Young Justice. They're the late teens early 20s team now, with the Titans mid-20s. Connor not having been mentioned until now is weird, but I'm thinking that's Doomsday Clock fuckery. I'm all about letting the characters progress, and I'm willing to see what's up with the Superboy Family.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I was never really into Cassie and Conner's relationship, so it doesn't bother me. But, I get why someone else would be put off by it.

I'm mostly reading it because I love the new design for Cassie just thaf much, and I'm always down for more Gemworld.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Beerdeer posted:

I was okay with Young Justice. They're the late teens early 20s team now, with the Titans mid-20s. Connor not having been mentioned until now is weird, but I'm thinking that's Doomsday Clock fuckery. I'm all about letting the characters progress, and I'm willing to see what's up with the Superboy Family.

It's weird that Conner is leapfrogging the entire 2nd generation(and, heck, everyone but Superman in the first generation) with the whole Kid and Family stuff. They are still currently in the process of screwing over Roy and Wally, who never had their kids, yet here Conner just shows up with a family in tow like it's no biggie.

This could all just be a big ruse and Conner merely took up as husband and father as a ruse. You know, kind of like a reverse Clark Kent situation where he showed up and this family was looking for a dad/husband so he slotted in. Even if that baby is like the epitome of superbaby looking.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Roy and Wally, who never had their kids

:cry:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/runwithskizzers/status/1103770297830965248

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
What?... buh.... whyyyy?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So your mom hears about it on Facebook.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean bats are great so I actually can't think of any way this could go horribly wrong. :shobon:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Biggest issue would be where they're getting the bats from. That's a lot of bats and I doubt there's a lot of bat ranches. However, I know bat colonies can sometimes be incredibly enormous in terms of numbers.

You're also basically installing a bat colony wherever you release them.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The bats live under the bridge and fly out from there on their own at night. It's a tourist thing to watch it happen.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Any chances one of those bats could be radioactive and be able to pass on some super Bat powers?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madkal posted:

Any chances one of those bats could be radioactive and be able to pass on some super Bat powers?

Don't become a Man-Bat please.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
1.5 million bats is coincidentally the number of bats that conservation groups say spend part of their migratory year in Austin, so my guess is that it's less that they're going to double the bat population and more that they're going to time some Batman event to happen at dusk and have a bunch of bats fly out from under a bridge and poo poo onto Dan Didio's head or something to promote Batman Who Laughs II: Make America Laugh Again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shouldnt they be releasing 1.5 million bats through the window of a billionaire?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Edge & Christian posted:

Batman Who Laughs II: Make America Laugh Again.

I’d read it.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Only if Mark Russell is writing it

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Collections for the Walmart stories have been announced.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/09/solicitations-dc-collected-walmart-comics-october-november/

Tom King's Superman: Up in the Sky
Hardcover $24.99 US
On sale Nov 19, 2019 | 144 Pages | 978-1-4012-9456-4

Bendis' Batman: Universe by Bendis
Hardcover $24.99 US
On sale Oct 29, 2019 | 144 Pages | 978-1-4012-9484-7

Conner & Palmiotti's Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me
Paperback $16.99 US
On sale Nov 12, 2019 | 144 Pages | 978-1-4012-9468-7

---

And a collection of Steve Ditko Question and Blue Beetle comics, but check out the branding.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/09/road-to-watchmen-rorschach-nite-owl-question-blue-beetle/
:/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 9, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

And a collection of Steve Ditko Question and Blue Beetle comics, but check out the branding.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/09/road-to-watchmen-rorschach-nite-owl-question-blue-beetle/
:/

I have a pretty high tolerance for marketing bullshit but wow that's skeevy

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Eh, if it gets more people to buy it who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
That's something I would actually be interested in, but not with that. With any luck they'll have a reprint without it.