Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
I would say that it typically means unsolicited flirty messages from a total stranger, which usually means someone saw your profile pic and then sent a private message along the lines of “Hey good lookin”. Generally not offensive, but unwanted and unnecessary (and creepy).

No idea where this particular gentleman falls in the spectrum of Creepy -> Sex crime, but best case scenario is *see above*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well that was unexpected.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Sounds like we're not talking about someone who's embedded deep in the fabric of MaxFun. Re-record the three words he says, keep the other voices, and you've got a clean new sign-off. World's easiest cancellation. Glad the victims felt they could come forward.

Maybe they could take this opportunity to create an all-new sign-off. Then again, I skip it every time at this point so I don’t suppose my opinion is all that meaningful.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Max fun drive bonus content is already up for monthly donation people. MSLMSLAM, TV episode 3 commentary coming out for MBMBAM, and I've yet to listen to the TAZ content. Either way, it's up for those who it's available to

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
wow is it that time already

gently caress

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I finally got caught up with my MBMBAM backlog listening from the very beginning and I suppose it’s time to donate and get all those extra eps

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

George H.W. oval office posted:

I finally got caught up with my MBMBAM backlog listening from the very beginning and I suppose it’s time to donate and get all those extra eps

If you haven't heard My Brother, My Brother, and Me, and Our Dad, you haven't truly lived.

I wish Clint was their special episode every year.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Holy poo poo so much vindication on my hate for comedy and culture guy.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Clint rolling an Incompetent Sun Bear who is the Face and wears a Crown is almost too perfect

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Griffin's nightmare

https://twitter.com/sonder_bombs/status/1086727743574851584

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Silynt posted:

I would say that it typically means unsolicited flirty messages from a total stranger, which usually means someone saw your profile pic and then sent a private message along the lines of “Hey good lookin”. Generally not offensive, but unwanted and unnecessary (and creepy).

No idea where this particular gentleman falls in the spectrum of Creepy -> Sex crime, but best case scenario is *see above*.

Rachel Rosing has a notorious habit of extreme morality policing social media regarding anything remotely McElroy-related, but if 30 women came forward about him he still probably sucks.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It's apparently been an issue across multiple Max Fun social media channels. Women in the Flop House Facebook group were saying he'd been DMing them and their friends who weren't even in the group.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not sure if that's really McElroy related, since this is a person they have no relationship with and probably have never met who recorded three words on a station identification call signal they didn't produce.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/brockwilbur/status/1104420738088517633

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'm not sure if that's really McElroy related, since this is a person they have no relationship with and probably have never met who recorded three words on a station identification call signal they didn't produce.

A station identification signal that is on every episode of the podcast

It's something people might want to know

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Of all the garbage hot takes in this thread, this might be the worst

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

PMush Perfect posted:

You're right they should cancel their contract with the network immediately unless this is corrected, and re-edit and re-uploaded all their content with it removed

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNYQc98Ftw

Some of you guys might dig this. I did.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sorry I won't be consuming any content related to the McElroys until they address this comedy and culture controversy. It may be artist owned, but this listener is no longer supportive

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Not Operator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNYQc98Ftw

Some of you guys might dig this. I did.

30mins of analyzing the politics of goof boys. They're pretty open about those.

How is this content people want?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Dao of McElroys

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I mean gently caress, dude. If you don't, you don't.

I thought it was thread relevant. Its a celebratory video, not some takedown.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sorry I won't be consuming any content related to the McElroys until they address this comedy and culture controversy. It may be artist owned, but this listener is no longer supportive

Stop getting mad at things that you're imagining

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
This live ep had some good bits but also I didn't super like it. I think it's just because I still hate the suffering game arc. I also kind of hated the Team Rocket style line because Jessie and James they are not which is honestly one of the big things I didn't like with that arc.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I liked that video and thought it was well-done imo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ches Neckbeard posted:

she takes it in a broader sense of general talking about how it's refreshing for a popular media thing to be so built around actually really positive outlooks on things while still (in the case of TAZ) wanting to tell a greater story. She never really says it's some revolutionary hot take it's just her saying it's cool and good and the goof boys are good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You're right they should cancel their contract with the network immediately unless this is corrected, and re-edit and re-uploaded all their content with it removed
Careful you don't break your neck falling down that slippery slope.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
this is what al borland does, ignore him

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Wait are people seriously that worried about this dude at the end? Holy poo poo yall have no chill.

Dude's going to get edited out or whatever. This is the least scandal of scandals.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait are people seriously that worried about this dude at the end? Holy poo poo yall have no chill.

Dude's going to get edited out or whatever. This is the least scandal of scandals.

No one's worried over it. It was just a recently revealed thing that got brought up. The only scandal would be is if Jesse ignores people bringing it up as a concern, and keeps the guy in the bumpers/in the MaxFun orbit. Which is a possibility, as a lot of media people have done very similar things.

But zero posts in here showed anyone upset over it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ches Neckbeard posted:

the entire conversation was 'haha oh poo poo this random guy doing a two second stinger and nothing else for the network turned out to be a fuckin creep that's random' and 'oh, gross' before it got turned to 'WOW I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE WANT JUSTIN TO SHOOT JESSE IN THE FACE WITH A HARPOON GUN OVER THIS THAT'S hosed UP'

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

the entire conversation was 'haha oh poo poo this random guy doing a two second stinger and nothing else for the network turned out to be a fuckin creep that's random' and 'oh, gross' before it got turned to 'WOW I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE WANT JUSTIN TO SHOOT JESSE IN THE FACE WITH A HARPOON GUN OVER THIS THAT'S hosed UP'
The duality of the McElroy fandom.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
please join me in celebrating the launch of my new podcast, Justin McElroy WILL Fire a Harpoon Gun at Jesse Thorn in 2019.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

We Got This Harpoon with Mark & Hal

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

please join me in celebrating the launch of my new podcast, Justin McElroy WILL Fire a Harpoon Gun at Jesse Thorn in 2019.
And the Max Fun Drive special, Justin McElroy Shoots Nick Robinson In The Face With A Sandblaster.

...I'd become a subscriber just to see that, honestly.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

You're right people complaining about Bortland who is the real monster here for taking this completely not seriously

PMush Perfect posted:

Careful you don't break your neck falling down that slippery slope.

Improbable Lobster posted:

A station identification signal that is on every episode of the podcast

It's something people might want to know

PMush Perfect posted:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

And the Max Fun Drive special, Justin McElroy Shoots Nick Robinson In The Face With A Sandblaster.

...I'd become a subscriber just to see that, honestly.

Nick, you broke my heart Nick. You should have known better!

I mean, you were the crappiest part of Cool Games Inc, but you were an integral crappy part of it!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Fandom should be made illegal imho

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Fandom should be made illegal imho

:yeah:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You're right people complaining about Bortland who is the real monster here for taking this completely not seriously

did he like ask you to come in to defend him lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
The new live show is solid. It's not amazing, but it stays on track and delivers some goofs. There are no audience interruptions. Griffin never gets mad at them for taking too long to move through his scenarios.

I give it a B+.