Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I hope we get Armor Modes for a bunch of pokemon and the armor charmeleon looks like a digimon and becomes my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Trustworthy posted:

I was expecting my very first Pokemon game ever today, but the USPS let me down. :smith:

I'm saving myself for you Popplio, HOLD ON

ah, going for the canon disappointing first time i see

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Whalley posted:

e: Like, at least the first one finally gave me a Rock/Poison type pokeyman but jeez, it's not as fun if goddamn everybody playing the game has at least one.

Doesn't everybody playing the game have at least one of the Actual Legendaries as well? They're not rare, I have boxes full of legendaries :shrug:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blhue posted:

Booooooo! Boo I say! I disagree with your sentiments and implications!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

loving hell there’s no National Dex in US? Who the gently caress thought that’d be a good idea?? I’m making my way to the Battle Tree to check it out and then start my process of completing the regional Dex. After that it’s going to back to White to do some Pokémon hunting there and then finally begging here for pretty much every gen 6 Pokémon as I never got X/Y. If I can find the game on clearance or sale then that’d be a bonus.

EDIT: Oh hell yeah found out about pokedextracker so now I have a clear ideas of what I have and I’m missing. I’m currently... 50.2% done with a live dex :smithicide:

Yeah I hope they reverse course and add a full national dex back for Gen 8.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I hope they do more regional variants of old Pokemon

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Blhue posted:

How loving dare you, Popplio is my loving BOY. And he still is even though he's evolved to a fabulous fairy manatee thing!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
it’s called a selkie

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blhue posted:

How's it feel being entirely bereft of taste and insight?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Sky Shadowing posted:

How loving dare you, Popplio is my loving BOY. And he still is even though he's evolved to a fabulous fairy manatee thing!

I like him, and his fairy attacks have served me well, but I also would have been happy with the slowpoke you can pick up on like Route 2.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

UP AND ADAM posted:

I like him, and his fairy attacks have served me well, but I also would have been happy with the slowpoke you can pick up on like Route 2.

Have you tried to use slowpoke? It is absolutely miserable until it evolves.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sky Shadowing posted:

while primarina is good, the first two stages are not

compare to rowlett, who is excellent during every stage of evolution

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Check this

Pooplio

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

SirSamVimes posted:

while primarina is good, the first two stages are not

This is by design, to balance the fire starter with the two good first stages and terrible third.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ometeotl posted:

Check this

Pooplio

You are a fiend and I shall meet you in the pit.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Dienes posted:

This is by design, to balance the fire starter with the two good first stages and terrible third.

You mean they both have bad middle stages and good 1st and finals like drat near every good starter.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rudoku posted:

You mean they both have bad middle stages and good 1st and finals like drat near every good starter.

I love Dartrix and his wonderful hair

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The Rowlet line is all around perfect.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah I hope they reverse course and add a full national dex back for Gen 8.

I respect what they were doing, trying to avoid implying that you actually need to catch them all when we're nearing 1000 mons and most of them don't even appear in the game, but... c'mon, just let me track the ones I've got.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ometeotl posted:

Check this

Pooplio
Heh, more like

Deshitueye, am I right?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shitten.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Gruckles posted:

The Rowlet line is all around perfect.

You misspelled Froakie there friend but it's cool.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Incinepoor

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Bee posted:

If Mewtwo (Armor) then uses a Mega stone, does it become MechaMew2 from the live show?

You probably need a specific held item to Armor evolution, just like Mega. So you can't do both.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Lugubrious posted:

Incinepoor

talkin a lotta poo poo for someone within Revenge -> Alolan Whip distance

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So is there any way yet to get a mon to lvl 100 without just battling the elite 4? I only have SM but would get USUM if they added something to fix how horrible grinding it is.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SpaceCadetBob posted:

So is there any way yet to get a mon to lvl 100 without just battling the elite 4? I only have SM but would get USUM if they added something to fix how horrible grinding it is.

Make sure that you max out affection, it’ll increase your experience. You can also battle the Game Freak employee in karate gear, and you can do the restaurant challenge in the mall in Hau’oli city

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

US/UM does have Chansey Chains in the postgame area, as well as Roto Exp. Points to double Exp yield from battles for a while. So it's definitely faster if you wanna grind in that one for postgame stuff.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Brionne > Dartrix and Torracat

Sorry, but it's true

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alxprit posted:

US/UM does have Chansey Chains in the postgame area, as well as Roto Exp. Points to double Exp yield from battles for a while. So it's definitely faster if you wanna grind in that one for postgame stuff.

Even that is miserably slow in comparison to older methods though, and I really, really hope we get something faster for Sword and Shield. I don't care about getting to level 100 but I evolve a lot of mons for the whole livingdex thing (which in my case also includes international Pokemon, which means I get quite a bit to evolve) and it'd be nice to not take ages for the ones that need higher levels.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

SpaceCadetBob posted:

You can put it on the training course on Poke Pelago and give it the exp juice, to have up to 18 training passively. I think there are also restaurants in Festival Plaza that have exp food too.

I miss the Battle Chateau so much. :mad:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Max affection, rotom exp power, steal lucky eggs off wild chanseys, then hit the E4 over and over. Exp on pokepelago plateaus around level 40 and then it will take approximately infinity to finish leveling.

If you have a lot of festival plaza coins, for ~300 coins you can level from 66 to 100 pretty much instantaneously. This requires a 5-star rare kitchen, two of them if you want to do the leveling all at once rather than across two days.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
level 4 and 5 restaurants in Festival Plaza have meals that add 7-9 levels at a pop, plus the ~10 individual level meals per day. and you can have like six of those restaurants. there's no grinding in S/M at all, unless you want there to be

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

i now deeply regret ignoring the plaza

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Can someone help me with a trade to get a Gengar in Let's Go?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What will he become?

What indeed?

Much pressure from the fighting side, but similar pressure from the outlier side.

(with a follow up comic)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

typhlosion should be where the tiger is and the tiger should be laughing behind them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Be funny if the rabbit is just a pure fire type the whole way.