Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Bonus "how much of the blade can we cookie-cutter out and not snap in half in the box" ninja sword:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A good 10-20 square mm of stainless steel. Any more is just wasteful.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EorayMel posted:

Bonus "how much of the blade can we cookie-cutter out and not snap in half in the box" ninja sword:

Good luck pulling that out of it's sheath.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Good luck pulling that out of it's sheath.

You stab through the sheath. It's a one way sheath

TontoCorazon fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 9, 2019

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

EorayMel posted:

It has been a while, but BUDK has finally given me the means to do so:

brb getting swept away by an overwhelming Torrent of quality, distinctiveness and raw, captivating beauty.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Is that a replica?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EorayMel posted:

Looking at that, thinking, "Yeah, that's a bit of metal cut out to make the serrations but nothing too ba - holy poo poo, they cut out all the stuff in the middle!"

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

Is that a replica?

No it's the real buckle from the movie :rolleyes:

but really, I won it in a bar trivia contest. It's made of very cheap material but I'm still extremely proud of it.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

A toad a so. A fuckin toad a so.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Linux Pirate posted:

No it's the real buckle from the movie :rolleyes:

but really, I won it in a bar trivia contest. It's made of very cheap material but I'm still extremely proud of it.

That’s cool. I worked on the movie and I wish I had more stuff saved, I don’t have anything like that. I really just wish I had the original script because that was a mindfuck and I almost thought I was being linked when I read it.

Anyways, that dumb sword above is $15 and I’m tempted to buy it.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Snowy posted:

That’s cool. I worked on the movie and I wish I had more stuff saved, I don’t have anything like that. I really just wish I had the original script because that was a mindfuck and I almost thought I was being linked when I read it.

Anyways, that dumb sword above is $15 and I’m tempted to buy it.

It's a cheap replica not an actual movie prop, I was just being a sarcastic douche. Sorry for the confusion.

More BUDK

Prove your patriotism by hurling lovely American flag knifes at commies and liberals

Is that even a real Chinese character on the stand?

KAGA trump 2020 2 dollar chud bux

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/6x6IWE4.mp4

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Linux Pirate posted:

KAGA trump 2020 2 dollar chud bux

Really want someone to put one of these in Stormy Daniels' g-string at her next strip show.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I can remember doing a self defense course at school ~20 years ago and being taught how to disarm a knife wielding attacker.

If they held the knife right out in front of them. With a pretty much straight arm. With the blade pointing up. And you were within a yard of them, face on and unencumbered.

We thought it was pretty dumb at the time and we were just children. British, admittedly, so we knew a bit about stabbing folks for fun and profit.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LOL. Even if you know what you’re doing you *will* get cut. Probably badly, since even if you’re very skilled you’re still fighting someone with a loving knife.

The best defense against a knife attack is to run. Preferably faster than the person with a knife.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stooges finally updated their act

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
If you’re like that doorman posted earlier vs the guy with the gun, you probably have pretty good odds against a knife too. Huge, quick, threat aware and capable of instant effective aggression. There’s like one of these per 10,000 population though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sunswipe posted:

Really want someone to put one of these in Stormy Daniels' g-string at her next strip show.

I know the US does have $2 bills, but the Trump ones cannot be legal tender.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I know the US does have $2 bills, but the Trump ones cannot be legal tender.

They may be? Companies that sell this kind of crap usually just take regular money and paint/decorate it. There was a similar thing with dollar coins a few years ago.

Just :lol: at the idea of selling something with a face value of $2 for a bazillion percent markup to dipshits.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pershing posted:

Companies that sell this kind of crap usually just take regular money and paint/decorate it.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Look, we're pretty hosed over here, ok?

Or:

:capitalism:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

That doesn't count as defacing currency?

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Jefferson really sells the "can you believe this poo poo?"

I bet it's a cover they slip the bill into. Nowhere in the copy does it say it's actually on the bill. That way it's not illegal. So they paying 13 bucks for a fancy plastic envelope.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BattleMaster posted:

No, if you look they've actually added two faces

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Torquemada posted:

If you’re like that doorman posted earlier vs the guy with the gun, you probably have pretty good odds against a knife too. Huge, quick, threat aware and capable of instant effective aggression. There’s like one of these per 10,000 population though.

there's an old maxim about knife fighting that goes something like no one wins a knife fight but someone loses first

it's really hard to stab someone to death so if you can overpower a dude with a knife you got a good shot

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

BattleMaster posted:

IANA currency L but I read somewhere that the defacing is only illegal if it's with intent to defraud (changing the face value, say) or ti counterfeit.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

VikingSkull posted:

there's an old maxim about knife fighting that goes something like no one wins a knife fight but someone loses first

Loser dies in the street, winner dies in the hospital.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Pershing posted:

IANA currency L but I read somewhere that the defacing is only illegal if it's with intent to defraud (changing the face value, say) or ti counterfeit.

I heard it as, you can deface it all you want, but after a certain amount of the bill/coin in covered, it is useless as money and is only a decorative item. Like, an autograph is okay and still spendable, but turning George Washington into the clown from IT would be too much. I'm old, though, so they may have changed it since then.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

I heard it as, you can deface it all you want, but after a certain amount of the bill/coin in covered, it is useless as money and is only a decorative item. Like, an autograph is okay and still spendable, but turning George Washington into the clown from IT would be too much. I'm old, though, so they may have changed it since then.

I wonder who is the guy lawyering about what percentage of a specific bill or coin isn't covered in scribbles to be invalidated while attempting to spend it on slim jims

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Proteus Jones posted:

LOL. Even if you know what you’re doing you *will* get cut. Probably badly, since even if you’re very skilled you’re still fighting someone with a loving knife.

The best defense against a knife attack is to run. Preferably faster than the person with a knife.

Rule #1 Don't get in a knife fight
Rule #2 You're going to cut
Rule #3 Kill the other guy

Rule #4

Torquemada posted:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

EorayMel posted:

I wonder who is the guy lawyering about what percentage of a specific bill or coin isn't covered in scribbles to be invalidated while attempting to spend it on slim jims

Pretty sure it's a series of step-downs where the feds have a standard that they hold banks to, then each bank & bank teller will have to hold cash deposits (mostly businesses) to their own standard. Then the business owners decide how many fucks they give

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

goatface posted:

I can remember doing a self defense course at school ~20 years ago and being taught how to disarm a knife wielding attacker.

If they held the knife right out in front of them. With a pretty much straight arm. With the blade pointing up. And you were within a yard of them, face on and unencumbered.

We thought it was pretty dumb at the time and we were just children. British, admittedly, so we knew a bit about stabbing folks for fun and profit.

I went to a knife fighting class by an actual ninja master once and he said that if someone has a knife you should run away

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

EorayMel posted:

It has been a while, but BUDK has finally given me the means to do so:

So, would it be lame or cool to use an antique straight razor for my EDC? 99% of my knife needs involve cutting open boxes and packages, and I think an old straight razor would handle that just fine. I guess it would also be good for self defense maybe.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Lame because razors are ground at a very acute angle that won't hold up to utility use, plus there's nothing stopping one from just falling open in your pocket unless you wrap a rubber band around it or have a leather sheath made for it like some kind of supergoon.

Non-pointy knives are currently trendy, though. https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-Roc-Folding-Cleaver-Knife--20410

Knives always suck rear end for defense even if you know what you're doing with one since your primary defense should be running like hell, get pepper spray or a gun or a taser or something that lets you retreat instead of getting closer to your attacker.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pershing posted:

Yeah but the SS goes after strip clubs that mark bills, and they’re a hell of a lot less embarrassing to spend than that monstrosity.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Lame because razors are ground at a very acute angle that won't hold up to utility use, plus there's nothing stopping one from just falling open in your pocket unless you wrap a rubber band around it or have a leather sheath made for it like some kind of supergoon.

Non-pointy knives are currently trendy, though. https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-Roc-Folding-Cleaver-Knife--20410

Knives always suck rear end for defense even if you know what you're doing with one since your primary defense should be running like hell, something that lets you retreat instead of getting closer to your attacker.

Oh you mean a sword?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Torquemada posted:

Unless you're Steven Seagal, in which case you might get a nasty little nick on the arm

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

So, would it be lame or cool to use an antique straight razor for my EDC? 99% of my knife needs involve cutting open boxes and packages, and I think an old straight razor would handle that just fine. I guess it would also be good for self defense maybe.

Get a greatsword for all your cutting needs.

This sword specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh you mean a sword?

legalize ballistic knives imo