Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why are you under the impression that I'm talking about her name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean she looks black but the animators extremely didn't want to draw curly hair lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Why are you under the impression that I'm talking about her name

I was making a joke about the hair, I'd just said she'd always been named Riri, then remembered that panel, but the girl is named Madison in it.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Riri not actually looking black at all is kind of expected at this point from Marvel's animation team. She'll be bland and boring like every other character in that series, unfortunately. Just, she'll also look bland as well as act it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

I was making a joke

Ah it did not read that way to me sorry

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
You can tell someone was saying at some point during the development "but not too black"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Ah it did not read that way to me sorry

No worries, at first I thought you were talking about the name because I'm so used to black characters in cartoons just looking like white characters with darker skin that, sadly, it didn't even register with me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I was lukewarm on the premiere and it looks like they're doing their best to live down to my expectations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
We were just talking about cosplays with puffy hair yesterday too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Did km make a cosplay thread yet

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Gotta wait for her hangover to pass, I suppose

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I watched Batman Bad Blood and was pretty impressed. Not only did it predict most of the Incredibles 2 plot, but it had better fight choreography than most of the DC movies, though the drawings were a little inconsistent during dialogue scenes. Made me wish for this to be part of a continuing set of Dc movies instead of a bunch of mostly unrelated one-offs.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ccs posted:

I watched Batman Bad Blood and was pretty impressed. Not only did it predict most of the Incredibles 2 plot, but it had better fight choreography than most of the DC movies, though the drawings were a little inconsistent during dialogue scenes. Made me wish for this to be part of a continuing set of Dc movies instead of a bunch of mostly unrelated one-offs.

My only real issue was it's obsession with murdering all the villains. I think Black Mask and Penguin who are both cameo's are the only villain survivors.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
crosspost from the TV thread:

Grain of salt since none of the Hollywood trades are reporting it yet, but this isn’t a random fansite either, so maybe they broke embargo, idk? anyway, MODOK, Howard the Duck, Hit-Monkey, and Tigra/Dazzler animated series might be coming to Hulu

https://parade.com/850869/rielyhaven/hulu-partners-with-marvel-for-4-new-series/

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Tigra/Dazzler." Wow.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's been reported in Hollywood Reporter and confirmed by one of the MODOK writers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1095716701637918720

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
gently caress you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wasn't the comic pretty well received? And they aren't going with that godawful style they'd been using for the Justice League cartoons.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Inkspot posted:

gently caress you.

What is the issue?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

MonsterEnvy posted:

What is the issue?

The poster themselves.

Interesting news, I wonder if Freddie Williams will review it on RLM after it's out.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"That was a fun comic. Let's hire the same half dozen people we always do to suck all the life out of it like they always do."

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Inkspot posted:

"That was a fun comic. Let's hire the same half dozen people we always do to suck all the life out of it like they always do."

There's a lot of new actors in this at least.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Goddamnit why am I still watching Avengers Assemble? It is worse than trash, ugh. I am an idiot.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

TheDK posted:

Goddamnit why am I still watching Avengers Assemble? It is worse than trash, ugh. I am an idiot.

If it makes you feel any better, Marvel's animated shows have been worse than trash since they cancelled Earth's Mightest Heroes and Spectacular Spider-Man was cancelled so Sony could make The Amazing Spider-Man.

Well, in the case of Spider-Man, they've outright ignored his newest show but keep claiming it's not cancelled despite not having anything on the air since August 13, 2018.

Sure DC's stuff is super super bland but at least it exists unlike what Marvel/Disney is doing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is avengers assemble still the black panther show or did they go back to avengers

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's still the Black Panther show.

The viewing list for Avengers Assemble is skip the first four seasons.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm watching the Death and Return of Superman cartoons and something that got lost in the debate about whether or not Superman should have the underoos (he should and I'm glad that's been fixed in the comics) is how loving god awful Wonder Woman's costume is in those cartoons.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's still the Black Panther show.

The viewing list for Avengers Assemble is skip the first four seasons.

It's nice to hear it gets better. I gave it a shot but the well was poisoned by how good EMH's first season was and hearing Jeph Loeb declare he didn't think kids wanted to watch multi-episode story arcs on a cartoon (which I know got walked back pretty quick on AA).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also don't expect any proper continuity because each series ignores the developments in the other ones while still borrowing their characters like they still exist in the same universe. AA has played host to two different versions of Spider-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy, for just an example.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1103396080450822144

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I may or may not have yelped with joy when Nancy showed up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The new DC superhero girls cartoon was way better than any of the marvel rising shows

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Late to the party but I binged the poo poo out of Young Justice Outsiders and it's a ton of fun.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

Late to the party but I binged the poo poo out of Young Justice Outsiders and it's a ton of fun.

Binged the poo poo out of it
Googled it like a motherfucker
AltaVista'd it like you wouldn't even believe

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Woof. I tried to watch the Vixen film and cut it off after about 10 minutes. You really gotta work to write dialogue that bad.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

The new DC superhero girls cartoon was way better than any of the marvel rising shows

I haven't watched all the Rising shows but having just watched the Super Hero Girls show I can definitely say that it's at least different, which is good when all of Marvel's animation is kind of the same style.

But man you can definitely tell Lauren Faust made that show though, because the girls are basically my little ponies with how one-note they start out as. But hey, I get that it's doubly not for me as both a man and an old, so I hope girls like it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

It had a surprisingly fun brawl between Wonder Woman and Supergirl.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Batgirl fangirling so hard over Wonder Woman was very endearing I thought. I've enjoyed the Youtube shorts and the opening episode was solid - they have a fun dynamic, apart from Bumblebee who is offering very little due to her starting point.

Kara being jacked is great too - I really like the rebel with a heart of gold thing she's got going on, and the brawl between her and Wonder Woman was surprisingly full-on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/status/1105476875068104705

Trailer for BM & TMNT

Can't wait to see which one he fucks in this movie. My bet is on Don.