Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Rate my team please I need approval from strangers:

14 team h2h league with the standard 5x5 categories plus OBP, SLG, K/BB, and OBP against:

C- Realmuto
1B- Goldschmit
2B- Albies
3B- Devers
SS- Profar
OF- Khris Davis
OF- Chris Taylor
OF- Matt Kemp
UTL- Ohtani
UTL- Amed Rosario
BN- Jose Martinez
BN- Nick Markakis
BN- Marwin Gonzalez

SP- Chris Sale
SP- Strasburg
RP- Roberto Osuna
RP- Josh Hader
P- JA Happ
P- Jordan Hicks
P- Rich Hill
P- Chad Green
BN- Michael Fulmer
BN- S. Oh

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your Taint posted:

Upon further inspection, I thought I had specified in this thread when I was promoting openings in the league, so that's my bad. It WAS posted as a notification in the league, however. Feel free to check. My apologies for my harsh reaction and I will do better going forward.

It's all good, sorry if I came off too harsh as well. I was just caught off guard because it's usually my only auction league.

(I still don't want the team anymore though so if you can find someone to take it you should :v:)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 10, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

IcePhoenix posted:

It's all good, sorry if I came off too harsh as well. I was just caught off guard because it's usually my only auction league.

(I still don't want the team anymore though so if you can find someone to take it you should :v:)

Is that possible after the draft?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Your Taint posted:

Is that possible after the draft?

It's under commissioner tools > manage other teams > transfer teams. All you need is an email address

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Looking for someone to take over this team. PM me with your email if you're interested. 14 team h2h 7x7 league. Standard categories with SLG, OBP, K/BB, and OBP against.

Francisco Mejía C
Freddie Freeman 1B
Matt Carpenter 2B
Max Muncy LAD -3B
Tim Anderson CWS - SS
George Springer Hou - OF
A.J. Pollock LAD - OF
Harrison Bader StL - OF
Justin Smoak Tor - UTL
Austin Meadows UTL
Tyler White Hou - BN
Jake Lamb Ari - BN
Yoenis Céspedes NYM - BN
Kevin Pillar Tor - BN

Jacob DeGrom- P
Noah Syndergaard- P
David Robertson- RP
Arolyds Vizcaino- RP
Patrick Corbin- P
Masahiro Tanaka- P
Dallas Keuchel- P
Carlos Martinez- P
Mike Sorokoa- BN

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just drafted a Yahoo WINNER's league for people who won a championship last year. Pretty happy with this team

Yahoo Winner's league 12 team h2h 5x5

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Spoeank posted:

It's under commissioner tools > manage other teams > transfer teams. All you need is an email address

I think I've got someone lined up. Hopefully they'll be able to join tonight.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Any of yall interested in doing a goon cash league? Thinking Yahoo, 5x5, and $20, but open to other ideas.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Any of yall interested in doing a goon cash league? Thinking Yahoo, 5x5, and $20, but open to other ideas.

Ughh gently caress. I'm already in so many leagues. But I would like to do a money league.... lemme think on it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

The Pussy Boss posted:

I would be down. I could perhaps recruit 1-2 non-goons, if needed.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I see that ESPN fantasy is the latest web site to uglify itself to look better on mobile or w/e.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

There are four spots available in the Fire and Forget league, if anyone would like to join. Draft is at 2PM Central on Sunday. It's a twelve team roto.

Roster and Scoring:

For those unaware, the Fire and Forget league is a league where your team is locked after the draft and you just hope you did a good job. Last year came down to the wire as our eventual winner ran out of innings with a couple weeks to go and only barely held on as the teams behind him kept accumulating pitching stats.

Positions are capped at 162 games apiece and pitching is 1400 total innings, which I think most teams didn't really come up against.

PM me or drop your e-mail in here and I will send you an invite.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

I see that ESPN fantasy is the latest web site to uglify itself to look better on mobile or w/e.

I think they could borrow some UX tips from Yahoo, but the default info they showed on the lineup pages is so good, did they change that?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Pussy Boss posted:

I have a $50 cash keeper league already going and need just one more team. Somebody join my league...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

fawning deference posted:

I have a $50 cash keeper league already going and need just one more team. Somebody join my league...

How bad is the team I'd inherit? What are the keeper/draft rules?

I miss having a keeper auction team...

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

I will post the roster here tonight. You get six keepers. ROTO. Standard live draft. Lots of activity. Draft is Sunday March 23 11am Pacific.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

There are four spots available in the Fire and Forget league, if anyone would like to join. Draft is at 2PM Central on Sunday. It's a twelve team roto.

Roster and Scoring:

For those unaware, the Fire and Forget league is a league where your team is locked after the draft and you just hope you did a good job. Last year came down to the wire as our eventual winner ran out of innings with a couple weeks to go and only barely held on as the teams behind him kept accumulating pitching stats.

Positions are capped at 162 games apiece and pitching is 1400 total innings, which I think most teams didn't really come up against.

PM me or drop your e-mail in here and I will send you an invite.

Oy, I did not notice the time of the draft on this one. I'm renovating my basement and it's taking all of my free weekend time. 3pm on a Sunday is prime construction time. I almost certainly would not be able to draft. If you need my spot for someone else, feel free to boot me out.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

OK, so your only six real options are:

Freeman
Segura
Haniger
Kluber
Carrasco
Hader

The pitching keepers are great but after Freeman, the hitting is pretty terrible for keepers. Let me know what you wanna do. It's a super fun league and fantasy is won via trades/waivers anyway.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is everyone still using fangraphs steamer for a reliable-ish projection?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

the_american_dream posted:

I use Roster Resource for PA estimates.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

the_american_dream posted:

I use ATC but yeah all of them are pretty close.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My draft is tonight so it was a real spreadsheet-heavy day for me at work.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Finished my slow draft tonight, only took twelve days!

1.11 Jose Altuve
2.20 Trevor Story
3.41 Cody Bellinger
4.50 Jameson Taillon
5.71 Zack Wheeler
6.80 Eddie Rosario
7.101 Michael Conforto
8.110 Yasmani Grandal
9.131 Madison Bumgarner
10.140 Sean Doolittle
11.161 Andrew Heaney
12.170 Stephen Piscotty
13.191 Garrett Hampson
14.200 Nick Senzel
15.221 Luke Voit
16.230 Asdrubal Cabrera
17.251 Mike Zunino
18.260 Dellin Betances
19.281 Seranthony Dominguez
20.290 Shin-soo Choo
21.311 AJ Minter
22.320 Ryan Zimmerman
23.341 Drew Steckenrider
24.350 Domingo German
25.371 Ryan McMahon
26.380 Jakob Junis
27.401 Anthony DeSclafani
28.410 Ryon Healy
29.431 Jeremy Jeffress
30.440 Yolmer Sanchez

I kept having OFs and SPs sniped from my queue. :smith: I had originally wanted Bellinger at 1B, but never saw good value for an OF in the middle rounds so I moved him to the OF and took Cabrera/Zimmerman as possible corners while moving Voit to 1B. My pitching staff will likely suck as I only have three starters I trust (Bumgarner scares me but at 131 I thought it was a pretty good gamble regardless). My bullpen should help that some. I think it looks pretty bad on paper but I'm used to 10 or 12 teamers and this is 15, so we'll see I guess.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I have the 1.2 in a 5x5 snake starting in 45 minutes. That is 100% Mookie right?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

coronaball posted:

I have the 1.2 in a 5x5 snake starting in 45 minutes. That is 100% Mookie right?

Correctamundo.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

Yes. It's no fun to say so, and people can get cute with Scherzer or Ramirez or whoever, but every single draft should start Trout-Betts.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Bregor posted:

Yes. It's no fun to say so, and people can get cute with Scherzer or Ramirez or whoever, but every single draft should start Trout-Betts.

And so it did. I started Mookie/Machado/Freeman.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

Nice start!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Just finished the draft for my big money league, H2H 7x7 (OBP+SLG/QS+L.) I'm kind of meh on it I think, but pick 286 is incredibly important.

This is JD Power and Associates:

EDIT: I reached accidentally on Kikuchi, I forgot to remove a dang filter in the draft list.

fawning deference posted:

OK, so your only six real options are:

Freeman
Segura
Haniger
Kluber
Carrasco
Hader

The pitching keepers are great but after Freeman, the hitting is pretty terrible for keepers. Let me know what you wanna do. It's a super fun league and fantasy is won via trades/waivers anyway.

Sure, I'll jump in, when's the draft?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 13, 2019

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I feel like 3rd pick is a tough spot to be this year. Not sure who I'd take but you could make a case for JDM, Scherzer, Arenado, Lindor...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

I feel like 3rd pick is a tough spot to be this year. Not sure who I'd take but you could make a case for JDM, Scherzer, Arenado, Lindor...

Seemed like people thought I was going to take J-Ram, mostly. But JD, J-Ram, And Arenado sem to be the best choice I think.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

coronaball posted:

Here is the finished product. 10 team 6x6 ( OPS and Holds) In the first ~10 rounds I took "gently caress pitching" to the extreme.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Pussy Boss posted:

Jram or Arenado. I'd be wary of Lindor so high in the first right now. Calf strains can linger and severely hamper movement.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The Pussy Boss posted:

I love anywhere from 3-6. One of Scherzer, Arenado, JRam, or JDM is such a solid foundation. I have Lindor way down in the 20s but no one else seems to worry that he won't steal bases so :shrug:

Inspector_666 posted:

Castillo at 142 seems like great value, especially with the pitching base you have with deGrom/Nola. You took some hitters earlier that I'd have liked but sometimes you just gotta get your guys. The Olson and Voit picks stand out as good value to me. Nice team.

coronaball posted:

Here is the finished product. 10 team 6x6 ( OPS and Holds) In the first ~10 rounds I took "gently caress pitching" to the extreme.

You took all the bats! Adalberto at 82 is a great gamble. My 15-team I have a similar top three pitchers with Taillon/Wheeler/Bumgarner so I hope you do well!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Castillo at 142 seems like great value, especially with the pitching base you have with deGrom/Nola. You took some hitters earlier that I'd have liked but sometimes you just gotta get your guys. The Olson and Voit picks stand out as good value to me. Nice team.

Thanks! Olson and Castillo were dudes I grabbed when I did just because I was surprised they were still available. I think it was the right call in both cases, I was planning on picking up CJ Cron as my 1B but he got snagged before I had the chance.

Suarez is the only guy who I look at and think "Maybe I should have waited and grabbed Andujar or something," but looking at the names that went between them I'm not too broken up about it. Workload for the non-deGrom/Nola starters is a big question mark, but I'm fine aggressively streaming as the season gets going.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Thanks! Olson and Castillo were dudes I grabbed when I did just because I was surprised they were still available. I think it was the right call in both cases, I was planning on picking up CJ Cron as my 1B but he got snagged before I had the chance.

Suarez is the only guy who I look at and think "Maybe I should have waited and grabbed Andujar or something," but looking at the names that went between them I'm not too broken up about it. Workload for the non-deGrom/Nola starters is a big question mark, but I'm fine aggressively streaming as the season gets going.

Suarez is one of those guys who's been undervalued since his breakout, so now he's making every bargain list and podcast episode on who to target. The result is his ADP is finally in line with his value. I think that's a fine pick for you there, especially given the surprising lack of depth for both corner infield positions league-wide.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

coronaball posted:

I like the Marquez pick at 122. That could be a steal.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

Just finished the draft for my big money league, H2H 7x7 (OBP+SLG/QS+L.) I'm kind of meh on it I think, but pick 286 is incredibly important.

EDIT: I reached accidentally on Kikuchi, I forgot to remove a dang filter in the draft list.

Sure, I'll jump in, when's the draft?

I missed this! Awesome!

The draft is March 23. It's at 11am PT on Saturday.

Email me at worldsbestbrent@gmail.com.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Astudillo owns. Does anyone know if Mejia is getting the job as catcher for the Padres?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Astudillo owns. Does anyone know if Mejia is getting the job as catcher for the Padres?

Mejia probably should get the job but he could legitimately use more defensive work and even with Manny I doubt the Dads feel like they gotta go whole hog on trying to win it all this year. I would be surprised if he didn't get a call up this year but who knows when it'll come.

He was in my queue but went in the 20th, which is late but was still too soon for me given that I plan on leaving Willians in the lineup every day for the entire season now even if he doesn't play, since any other C option will likely be a net negative for every stat.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 13, 2019