Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

He said in the newsletter:

quote:

Reigns didn’t say the pill he was taking for treatment, but did say it was a pill. Gleevec is the pill most often prescribed for this condition.

gently caress YOU MELTZER CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

WWE when Vince is feeling threatened is something else.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ZoDiAC_ posted:

He said in the newsletter:

gently caress YOU MELTZER CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

is that seriously the cause of Nia and his normal flood of haters posting poo poo like this cause that's not even remotely offensive

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

He questioned if the pills Roman took were oral chemotherapy even though Roman said that the pills were chemo.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

he shouldn't question things he doesn't know!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fatherofmustard posted:

He questioned if the pills Roman took were oral chemotherapy even though Roman said that the pills were chemo.

So basically he ruminated on something pointless for no reason which he does all the time but people have turned it into "Dave Meltzer thinks WWE is working Roman's recovery" or some poo poo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nia Jax is a moron, film at 11

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

So basically he ruminated on something pointless for no reason which he does all the time but people have turned it into "Dave Meltzer thinks WWE is working Roman's recovery" or some poo poo

A lot of people straight up assumed Dave was saying Reigns faked his cancer because of the ambiguity of Nia's tweet being the only thing they saw about the subject

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Benne posted:

Nia Jax is a moron, film at 11

See, if Meltzer said that, plus "her look is wrong for her gimmick"

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Aesop Poprock posted:

is that seriously the cause of Nia and his normal flood of haters posting poo poo like this cause that's not even remotely offensive

"SHUT THE gently caress UP BOOMER" but replace "BOOMER" with "NIA JAX"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ZoDiAC_ posted:

See, if Meltzer said that, plus "her look is wrong for her gimmick"

https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/671484782522458112

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Les Moore is absolutely loving doomed!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

So unlike most boomers he’s gotten better at that kinda thing? loving Shave Sheltzer should be ashamed of himself

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Good point. Dave, like the rest of society, has become better about the way he treats women but could still do better.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dave Meltzer: The food at the restaurant wasn't good and and was cold

Nia Jax: u ordered a hotdog with just coleslaw on it ! coleslaw is cold lol , u are banned from coming in our restaurant . u complain everywhere u go ...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

100% sure this blowback from WWE talent has nothing to do with AEW yup. Nothing at all

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

100% sure this blowback from WWE talent has nothing to do with AEW yup. Nothing at all

Meltzer says "blowback" on the same podcast as discussing Total Divas

Reddit and Twitter erupt at his blant, one-track-minded sexism

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Les Moore hosts racist comics on his website.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Les Moore hosts racist comics on his website.

What's the least ethical wrestling podcast?

Something to wrestle... (rear end-snapper vs Bruce Pritchard)

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

People not understanding HIPAA is frustrating as hell.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tenay finally on WOR to talk Destroyer

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I like how Les Moore came up with a lovely fat joke & found a way to strawman Dave saying it so he could pretend to be above making the fat joke in the first place.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Nia Jax is more dangerous to wrestlers' long term health than leukemia anyway so I vote that she fucks off.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

yea ok posted:

Tenay finally on WOR to talk Destroyer

It's so good

I want a sin limite with tenay

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
the response to daves totally innocent reporting is making me think they did fake leukemia

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the only real cancer is les moore

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

dsriggs posted:

I like how Les Moore came up with a lovely fat joke & found a way to strawman Dave saying it so he could pretend to be above making the fat joke in the first place.

It totally does sound like something Dave would have said in the same era as The Anabolic Warrior and The Junkfood Dog. But that was also 30 years ago and Meltzer doesn't write like that anymore so it's such a dumb point. I have no idea who Les Moore is but anyone that obsessed with Meltzer is just sad.

Why do you keep posting terrible tweets by this sad, obsessed cretin?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Anabolic Warrior is a good name

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Yeah this most recent meltzer "controversy" has just confirmed that the people that always bitch about dave don't actually read or listen to what he says, because he spent a couple days talking about how ridiculous the "Roman worked his cancer diagnosis" crowd is and got very irritated about it

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
I mean, it’s not like Dave just got one little detail wrong. He was basically pulling a ‘well, actually’ to a cancer patient and to a verified Twitter account for a cancer charity.

It’s obviously not as bad as the twitter mob says, but this wasn’t a high water mark for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As someone who doesn't read or listen to Meltzer I feel like nearly every one of these stories amounts to "he said something really dumb and kind of offensive, but not the really terrible thing those guys are saying he said."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mkay0 posted:

I mean, it’s not like Dave just got one little detail wrong. He was basically pulling a ‘well, actually’ to a cancer patient and to a verified Twitter account for a cancer charity.

It’s obviously not as bad as the twitter mob says, but this wasn’t a high water mark for him.

that's not what happened.

he postulated about what kind of treatment reigns was on. he ruled out traditional chemotherapy based on reigns's condition and the type of leukemia he had. he said it could be one of a couple types of oral medication, listed one that was non chemo based and one that was chemo based, and speculated that reigns was using the non chemo based one. then it comes out reigns was using the chemo based oral medication, the same kind meltzer said he could have been taking. meltzer then issued a correction on his speculation then and there. you have to be blind to not see this is just wwe trying to rile up their wrestlers against dave, which has been their MO for the better part of the past year, for various reasons.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Why do you keep posting terrible tweets by this sad, obsessed cretin?

But he posted someone else's tweets this time?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dave has also repeatedly gone over the different possible treatments as a way to explain how Roman could come back so quick and to disprove Roman truthers. Dave has been helping.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

STONE COLD 64 posted:

that's not what happened.

he postulated about what kind of treatment reigns was on. he ruled out traditional chemotherapy based on reigns's condition and the type of leukemia he had. he said it could be one of a couple types of oral medication, listed one that was non chemo based and one that was chemo based, and speculated that reigns was using the non chemo based one. then it comes out reigns was using the chemo based oral medication, the same kind meltzer said he could have been taking. meltzer then issued a correction on his speculation then and there. you have to be blind to not see this is just wwe trying to rile up their wrestlers against dave, which has been their MO for the better part of the past year, for various reasons.

Roman said that it was chemo based on the documentary that WWE released last week

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are you disproving where he said roman used the chemo pill

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the reality is people are mad dave is talking around the truth which is that the fed purposefully obfuscated the severity of roman’s cancer in order to get the reaction they want. whats funny is dave hasnt even suggested its scummy or carnie or anything but bad faith fed fans remain bad faith fed fans

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

over/under until he gets booed again is 5.5 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles