Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

iajanus posted:

Sunday night is bbq night. Marinated pork cutlets with sweet potato wedges.

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

iajanus posted:

Sunday night is bbq night. Marinated pork cutlets with sweet potato wedges.

Can't wait for it to be grilling weather again. Daylight Savings will at least make sure it's not pitch black out when I'm cooking dinner.

A couple of weeks ago I was doing pork chops on the stove during a storm. Power went out in the middle of cooking. Fired up the grill and finished them there.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Speaking of grilling, are there any propane gas burners for wok work that are safe to use indoors?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Can't wait for it to be grilling weather again. Daylight Savings will at least make sure it's not pitch black out when I'm cooking dinner.

A couple of weeks ago I was doing pork chops on the stove during a storm. Power went out in the middle of cooking. Fired up the grill and finished them there.

I'm pumped to grill. It's getting warm enough some nights that i'd tolerate going out to grill, but for some reason it's been ridiculously loving windy. And my driveway is a wind tunnel. :(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Can't imagine living in a continent where you couldn't bbq all through the Xmas period. That's the best part of the holiday!

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

iajanus posted:

Can't imagine living in a continent where you couldn't bbq all through the Xmas period. That's the best part of the holiday!

That's the same continent where the traditional Christmas greeting is "total fire ban" though.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Lol maybe in poo poo states that don't get smashed with cyclones and tropical storms

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Live in a good state that doesn't burn down all the time

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Kimchi pajeon

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Some mushroom shoyu I threw together over the weekend

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Both of those look fuckin' good.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

emotive posted:

This is extremely awesome and you should be proud.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

Kimchi pajeon

drat one of these days I need to make my own kimchi.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

emotive posted:

This is art mate.

Non Poster
Jan 26, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

drat one of these days I need to make my own kimchi.

It is so drat easy and worth it. The initial apprehension I had first time was completely unwarranted.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

emotive posted:

Stop posting photos from restaurants

(That looks incredible)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Non Poster posted:

It is so drat easy and worth it. The initial apprehension I had first time was completely unwarranted.

The first time I heard about kimchi I was driving home listening to a random story about it on NPR. I was like, “WHY IS THIS THE FIRST TIME IM HEARING ABOUT KIMCHI?” Then I realized it was all around me at stores and restaurants.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

127F steak, pan sauce, roast broccoli and mashed potatoes.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Figured I’d get in one more shepard’s pie while the weather is still chilly and I’m craving something homey.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

That grilled cheese life

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Casu Marzu posted:

That grilled cheese life

OH mama, that looks great. I want grilled cheese and tomato soup now.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Chicken Rice and Kale

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

That chicken rice and kale looks delicious. Nice crusty looking chicken.

Jet Tila’s Beef and Broccoli but with chicken and more vegetables. My rice wine seemed to have gone off so I used dry Marsala instead and it was excellent.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Chicken Rice and Kale

Never thought to add a bunch of kale to my chicken and rice. Will try that next time.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Chicken rollatini with a not-super-appetizing-looking-but-absolutely-delicious potato/broccoli/cauliflower puree.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
We finally figured out what Calvin's mom was serving him

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

:boom:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Oven roasted corned beef with mustard horseradish rub, bubble and squeak cakes, brown gravy, and Irish soda bread.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

lazy af shakshuka

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that kale?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Spinach

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Also spinach puffs

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Casu Marzu posted:

Also spinach puffs

Kronk would approve, those look amazing.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

vonnegutt posted:

Kronk would approve, those look amazing.

Thanks! I was inspired because I watched that over the weekend. Turned out pretty dope.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Love spinach puffs, and those look perfectly browned.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

lazy af shakshuka

Do you stick your shakshuka in the oven? I've made it a few times just on the stove and I can never get the eggs to cook evenly. One or two of them are always noticeably undercooked compared to the rest or I end up waiting too long and the rest of them get overcooked. Maybe my stove just sucks or I'm putting too many eggs in or something.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

I make way too many references to the noodle incident in the kitchen. One day my wife will actually read Calvin & Hobbes and understand why I'm giggling to myself.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Do you stick your shakshuka in the oven? I've made it a few times just on the stove and I can never get the eggs to cook evenly. One or two of them are always noticeably undercooked compared to the rest or I end up waiting too long and the rest of them get overcooked. Maybe my stove just sucks or I'm putting too many eggs in or something.

Your stove, your pan, or both suck.

If the undercooked ones are always on the same side, well, at least now you know in which direction your stuff is uneven :shrug:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Turn it 180 degrees halfway into the bake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I usually finish under a broiler but covering the pan for a few minutes at the end works as well.