Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oddium posted:

typhlosion should be where the tiger is and the tiger should be laughing behind them all

typhlosion is mono-fire, is the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

typhlosion is a joke for sure

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

You leave Wheel Weasel alone

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Typhlosion is a hell of a name.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

There are no bad starters.

But Typhlosion is the best starter.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Typhlosion is a hell of a name.

it comes from typhoid lotion

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I think the rabbit should become fire/normal

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Someone mentioned Fire / Steel when the bunny straps on huge spiked cleats and that sounded badass but it's gonna be mono fire or fire/fighting

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nah Fire/Elec

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
How cool would it be if they finally did split evolution pathed starters???
Metal coat evolution hold item path, electric hold item evolution path, no hold item evolution path etc

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Jarogue posted:

You leave Wheel Weasel alone

Typhlosion looks naked now that he isn't always on fire. He was always one of the plainest starters, but man did he lose the Pokemon X and Y lottery hard.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Typhlosion is my son and hes the best baby boy

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is there supposed to be a punchline here?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Ometeotl posted:

Is there supposed to be a punchline here?

Yes, it's water starters are bad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fire/electric is such a bonkers combo for a fast physical sweeper, immunity to both twave and burn plus some great stab

give them reckless as their HA plus flare blitz and wild charge :yum:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That would be a very usable pocket monster

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they'd probably have HJK too. yowza!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/hohojiro9/status/1104724884595269633?s=21

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

why is there no fan art of the new Bug/Dragon yet, smh fan artists so slow

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Beenut is wonderful and will absolutely be on my team because he is cool, and good. By Dr. Red Ranger age 32

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

:kimchi: This is adorable

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Oh God my heart~

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Solumin posted:

:kimchi: This is adorable

It took me a second, but yeah.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cattail Prophet posted:

There are no bad starters.

But Typhlosion is the best starter.

Typhlosion is a less useful Charizard.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Typholsion isn't even the best starter in it's own game.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

At least it doesn't get decimated by Stealth Rock (remove SR from Gen 8)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
#Maketyphlosiongreatingen8

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Scholtz posted:

At least it doesn't get decimated by Stealth Rock (remove SR from Gen 8)

play doubles

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Game Freak's solution to the Stealth Rock problem was not to nerf it directly but to create absurdly powerful monsters that could really only be stopped by Stealth Rocks (Volcarona and Talonflame in particular).

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Remove Landorus from the game

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Put rapid spin or defog on a pokemon

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I have made peace with Stealth Rock.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Zuzie posted:

Game Freak's solution to the Stealth Rock problem was not to nerf it directly but to create absurdly powerful monsters that could really only be stopped by Stealth Rocks (Volcarona and Talonflame in particular).

I still hate Stealth rocks with a passion and still feel that there either needs to be a bunch more hazards that benefit from type matchups, or Stealth Rocks needs to *not* benefit from type matchups.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I find it amusing that if a Pokemon were to be all 18 types at once, it would only be weak to Rock, and therefore take extra damage from Stealth Rock. While being immune to pretty much every other damaging hazard in the game.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I went to the largest Pokémon Center in Tokyo last week and it was pretty pathetic. They don’t even have plushes of every mon. No cool events or in-game gifts either — brought my Switch for nothing. I brought a dollop of yen to spend and genuinely struggled to find interesting things to buy.

Constantly fascinated by how bad Gamefreak is at making money. Also a Pokémon theme park would make absolute bank.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
we're getting a pokemon area at a nintendo theme park which is pretty close

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I can't go in there without either spending a ton or getting the hell out quick before I break and end up doing the first thing.

Of course they don't have plushes of every mon, what store could stock that many? But they do have a lot of cute ones and there's lots of neat cups and towels folders and badges ect. There's a huge variety in there, if you didn't find anything you wanted then I have no idea what you went there expecting to find.

As for in-game stuff, I've gotten a number of Pokemon from Centers on SM/USUM. There's been no Let's Go distributions but let's be real there's nothing really interesting they could even offer for that. Usually there's a sign posted if they're giving something out, but not every day. I got a Shaymin from one last year. You can also get a Chansey on your birthday. :)

Sorry you had a bad experience, but I love Pokemon Centers.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Vegetable posted:

I went to the largest Pokémon Center in Tokyo last week and it was pretty pathetic. They don’t even have plushes of every mon. No cool events or in-game gifts either — brought my Switch for nothing. I brought a dollop of yen to spend and genuinely struggled to find interesting things to buy.

Constantly fascinated by how bad Gamefreak is at making money. Also a Pokémon theme park would make absolute bank.

:thunk:

Seriously though, sorry you didn't have a good time. I get the plush thing, I get mine from Etsy, because a lot of the early gen plushes are one off and are..questionable. compared to how good the newer ones look.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Game Freak isn't in charge of the store, they just make the games. The Pokemon Company is the owner of the Pokemon IP and handles the licensing and merchandising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pretty pathetic how they don't dedicate a shelf to Tranquill plushies or build an amusement park themselves.