Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ps4 Krew 2nite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Lannie! Ammo box, Lannie!!!!

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I'll be on battlefield for most of the day today! Been busy with apex legends and now I'm missing my fellow BUTTs

Space Panda
Nov 15, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would love to squad up with people who use Mics. I’m on west coast USA. Psn name: BanditManatee

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Space Panda posted:

Would love to squad up with people who use Mics. I’m on west coast USA. Psn name: BanditManatee

add u some gunshow_poophole and go ham on my friends list there's lots of us

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
of course we are so chatty u might regret it it's a dang ol hen party up in these squads

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

LAWNIE

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

LAWNIE!!! Ammo box, where is it?!

Space Panda posted:

Friend request sent, fellow West coast goon.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

metro was fun

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Had myself a pretty good week of making BF4 pilots' lives miserable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvgo45CcMQE

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
I switched to packs sorry

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
How does this compare to BF1? I really loved that game but when I tried the 5 beta it left me a little cold. Little things like the change in spotting system seemed like I could get used to but others like the removal of bullet drop just seem a huge step back. How is it holding up now he's a bit out of release? I'll probably buy when it's cheap and more content is released anyway, but might fork out more now if it's great.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Noctone posted:

Had myself a pretty good week of making BF4 pilots' lives miserable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvgo45CcMQE

Jesus loving christ those hook shots.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ThomasPaine posted:

How does this compare to BF1? I really loved that game but when I tried the 5 beta it left me a little cold. Little things like the change in spotting system seemed like I could get used to but others like the removal of bullet drop just seem a huge step back. How is it holding up now he's a bit out of release? I'll probably buy when it's cheap and more content is released anyway, but might fork out more now if it's great.

it strikes me as more arcadey than BF1 if only because of the aesthetics

also there's bullet drop wtf are u talkin about

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

it strikes me as more arcadey than BF1 if only because of the aesthetics

also there's bullet drop wtf are u talkin about

Huh I must be misremembering, could have sworn there wasn't. I'll have to give it another go.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Hmm similar is it good if I liked BF1 question.

I see the regular is on sale for 30$ and DELUXE is 40$.

Is deluxe at all worth it? Is regular at all worth it?

edit: Err if you buy BF5 through the BF1 menu you get an extra 10% off? Is that still a thing?

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 10, 2019

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Ps4 goons pls add waroduce

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Hmm similar is it good if I liked BF1 question.

I see the regular is on sale for 30$ and DELUXE is 40$.

Is deluxe at all worth it? Is regular at all worth it?

edit: Err if you buy BF5 through the BF1 menu you get an extra 10% off? Is that still a thing?

there's zero reason to buy the deluxe edition unless you care about cosmetic stuff

for 30 bux it's fine; there's no season pass or paid DLC (as far as we know)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It’s much better than bf one. Don’t buy deluxe. The only benefit is some horrible skins (and you don’t even get all of them, you have to pick a few iirc).

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
BF1 was and still is so much better than BFV. The attrition mechanic feels bad and just adds a lovely loop of having to visit an objective to reup on ammo. Most of the maps are poo poo and the whole tides of war thing feels half baked at best. BFV lacks a strong identity, it's a ww2 shooter that doesnt feel like a ww2 shooter. Grand ops were hyped up as a huge upgrade over Ops in BF1 and the sure as gently caress arent. What the gently caress is the point of winning the first two days of grand ops if the 3rd day is the only one that matters. I also think the TTK is a bit too low. BF1 was the perfect sweet spot where you can still win a fight if you arent the first to engage. The only positive is that planes are not as strong as they used to be in BF1. Being farmed by trench darts sucked and I'm glad that you can safely ignore skylords in BFV.

Edit: BFV also doesn't have the grenade spam of BF1. So it has two positives.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 11, 2019

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BF1 also had fun tanks. Give me a landship over the British tank roster any day

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve been saying BF1 is the better game since BFV launched.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

BF1 also had fun tanks. Give me a landship over the British tank roster any day

Nah the swag hound rules and the archer is pretty decent.

But yeah I basically only play to unlock things that look interesting. Taking a break because who gives a poo poo about new planes?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah i have no real preference either way

i'd fuckin play My Dinner With Andre if it had multiplayer chat functions with fun goons

NO YOU DUMB gently caress IT'S TRENCHANT INSIGHT NOT TELL ME MORE

e: also finding a server that is / stays full is always kinda on my mind, nothing worse than petering out with 13 people on a side and having to suffer through :dice: quitting procedures

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

RCarr posted:

I’ve been saying BF1 is the better game since BFV launched.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Nice to see the wrong opinion crew waiting in the wings ready to jump out to defend bf1's honor.

red19fire posted:

Stug and Pz38 are great as well.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

red19fire posted:

The swag hound is a poor mans pooty love and the archer is the artillery truck but more obnoxious

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

yellowcar posted:

there's zero reason to buy the deluxe edition unless you care about cosmetic stuff

for 30 bux it's fine; there's no season pass or paid DLC (as far as we know)

Cool got regularo. Seems pretty good been playing rush.

What are the typical OP guns I should go for? Been playing mostly medic because smoke life.

Does it matter where you shoot a tank? Or is it just all the same hit points.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

What are the typical OP guns I should go for? Been playing mostly medic because smoke life.

It matters, also the angle of incidence on said part

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I've been taking a break to give the game some time to develop (and got fully addicted to RDR2 in the meantime, so I've got a while), but reading these past few posts, and watching Noctone's anti-air video, I think I know what it is. It isn't the realism aspect of the game, it's the lack of crazy chaos that makes BF5 different. BF4 was sooo good for all the mad poo poo you could do. Burning snipers to death with the repair bot, shocking people with the CPR panels, all the many many anti-vehicle fun and games you could play, helicopters that just cause chaos by way of existing... Then BF1 had a genuinely different era going on, with calvary running around and giant party tanks trundling around. It could get pretty chaotic. Planes were slow and crap which made them fun and fun to shoot at, the levels with the death train were great for rallying together with rocket guns... BF5 has kinda OP tanks, and planes that are mostly ineffective and there's really no way to interact with them from the ground as infantry, and mostly just meat grinder type levels. The guns are all pretty samey, there's not much going on with explosives. It feels like a going through the motions game instead of a wow that was amazing game. Just 2 more of my cents. I should fire up BF4 again just to see how it is...but...RDR2.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

The semi auto rifles that assault gets are probably the best weapon class in the game.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
battlefield 1 is actually quite an incredible game and I can play it endlessly

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BF1 was my favorite Battlefield game and V kicked the poo poo out of it. There isn’t a single aspect that I don’t think is massively improved. There was certainly a special mood and atmosphere to a lot of the BF1 maps but that’s the only thing I miss in any capacity. BFV is the best game they’ve made.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the best medic gun is the Sten, followed by the MP40 (longer range engagement) and M1928A1 (close range bullet diarrhea)

other classes:

assault - the semi-auto rifles (notably the M1A1, Turner, MAS 44), the ribeyrolles and M1907 are my go-to for full auto rifles
support - best lmgs are the bren, lewis, and KE7, the mmgs are situational because you gotta bipod or go prone to get the most out of them
recon - the self-loading rifles are OK i guess??? lol it's a bad class

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Kilometers Davis posted:

BF1 was my favorite Battlefield game and V kicked the poo poo out of it. There isn’t a single aspect that I don’t think is massively improved. There was certainly a special mood and atmosphere to a lot of the BF1 maps but that’s the only thing I miss in any capacity. BFV is the best game they’ve made.

Hard disagree. Don’t get me wrong - BF1 is basically a huge turd in my book because the shooting mechanics are godawful, but it outclasses BFV in almost every other aspect. Maps are better, vehicles are better, class balance is better, weapon variety is better, visibility is better, audio is WAY better.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Finger Prince posted:

. Planes were slow and crap

, and planes that are mostly ineffective
One good because planes slow and crap. Five bad because planes are crap. K.

But I do agree that we’ve lost the battlefield chaos in five and one compared to four and three.

Disagree that five tanks are OP. Heavies and mediums are almost worthless due to their slow speed. Any tank is screwed with a mobility disable because you’re going to move slower than a infantry’s walking speed. And driving back to repair stations for ammo and health sucks. Still better than bf one, where you had only the arty truck and flanker as worth using.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
1 wasn't great at this point in its life cycle, and 5 has a long way to go. But I think the underlying mechanics are stronger in 5 and if they do a good job fleshing it out over the next year it will be remembered as the better game because of it.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Oh yea and rush has been pretty great this past week 🙏🏽. The new smoke and artillery squad call ins are dope as well.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

What if the best Battle field was inside of us all along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Can love bloom, even on a battlefield?