Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Word Tower means all of these things and none of these things at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I personally just can't wait to see Gog Agog's killer clowns in action. They seem like they'll be very entertaining.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I personally just can't wait to see Gog Agog's killer clowns in action. They seem like they'll be very entertaining.

They'll be entertaining if they're even half as fun as Mammon's priest-accountants. Those chainsaws on poles are just great.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

I kinda want to make that "She's so cool!" panel into an avatar. Gog is currently my favorite Demiurge.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

YaketySass posted:

One thing I'm still unclear on is what was Mottom's plan regarding Allison. Be a power-behind-the-throne kinda type? She asked Allison to take over her whole kingdom, but she's still afraid to die, so was her plan for Allison to do all the hard work of governing while she spends the rest of eternity munching on fruits in her (now Allison's) backyard?

I remember reading a story about a man who tried to kill himself by jumping off the golden gate bridge. As he was falling he realized, "everything in my life that's gone wrong is fixable, except this". Mottom is that man, and the flaming ruins of her husband's tree is her golden gate bridge.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Patrick Spens posted:

I remember reading a story about a man who tried to kill himself by jumping off the golden gate bridge. As he was falling he realized, "everything in my life that's gone wrong is fixable, except this".

In a similar vein:

quote:

It was said in the old days that every year Thor made a circle around Middle-earth, beating back the enemies of order. Thor got older every year, and the circle occupied by gods and men grew smaller. The wisdom god, Woden, went out to the king of the trolls, got him in an armlock, and demanded to know of him how order might triumph over chaos.

"Give me your left eye," said the king of the trolls, "and I'll tell you."

Without hesitation, Woden gave up his left eye. "Now tell me."

The troll said, "The secret is, Watch with both eyes!"

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's neat how each demiurge is a completely distinct flavor of out of their god-damned mind. They are all seperate types of Greek tragic heroes whose dooms are being telegraphed by their individual flaws.

Hey this is a great summary, though you forgot everyone's favorite biocidal, depressed, big, red boy.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Quote is not edit. Opps

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Drunk Theory posted:

Hey this is a great summary, though you forgot everyone's favorite biocidal, depressed, big, red boy.

is biocidal really enough to cover it tho

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

make mockery posted:

is biocidal really enough to cover it tho

Actually a very good question. I spent a few minutes thinking what cide word to use.
Omni is all humans, which isn't enough. So I went with to kill life in general.

Is thier a word for kill absolutely everything?

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 10, 2019

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

Actually a very good question. I spent a few minutes thinking what cide word to use.

Omnicide.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Omnivercidal.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

JT Jag posted:

Omnivercidal.

That sounds correct to me.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 10, 2019

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Holicide. Holos meaning whole, complete, total, universal; as seen in words like "holistic" or "catholic".
Cosmicide. Murder the universe.

Drunk Theory posted:

Merriam-Webster disagrees.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omnicide

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
cosmocidal

it's not enough to destroy all life. you're quitting before the job is done.

e: maybe metacosmocidal but that seems like bullshit idk

ultracidal might match up the best

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 10, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
See, it's ironic for a Demiurge to want to destroy the physical universe, considering the gnostic origin of the word.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah but the setting is so far derived from the basics that it doesn't really apply imo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Drunk Theory posted:

Only reason I didn't mention him is that he isn't at the table. He is the "enemy" of the fragile and dysfunctional alliance.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is it even an alliance? more like a set of scales that has a few more than two cups (plates? what the gently caress is the name for that part of a scale?) Does anyone even use ye olde scale like in the hand of the statue of justice anymore?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

is it even an alliance? more like a set of scales that has a few more than two cups (plates? what the gently caress is the name for that part of a scale?) Does anyone even use ye olde scale like in the hand of the statue of justice anymore?

well. maybe it's more like the "we fear the big red guy" club. whether or not they are allies, they share a common enemy.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah but they're also all enemies of each other

except maybe gog is a friendly kind but it uh she appears to be coming from circumstances or something

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
there's no level of trust that can be had whatsoever is what i'm saying. can't have an ally you don't trust.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Drunk Theory posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

is it even an alliance? more like a set of scales that has a few more than two cups (plates? what the gently caress is the name for that part of a scale?)
Pans.

Does anyone even use ye olde scale like in the hand of the statue of justice anymore?
For very high precision when you need two things to have exactly the same mass, yes. It's more precise than consumer electronic scales that display a rounded number, and cheaper than laboratory equipment.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 10, 2019

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
you cant glitch analog

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
then how do you explain me

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
you have an immense unexamined assumption here

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

make mockery posted:

you have an immense unexamined assumption here
oh gently caress im a cylon

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Those scales are also still widely used around the world, because they're extremely robust and also simple to make. They have the advantage on spring scales in that they don't wear out the same way and they're easily made for high loads.

They're also a fixture of preschool - elementary classrooms around the world because they're very intuitive!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Super sweet. TYVM.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1105112717805961216

:rznv:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more Ki Rata over time. The 3 panels of Dave using it to explode the table are probably some of the best action panels in the comic (edit: hell, some of the best I've seen in anything period, really). It portrays "absolute loving threat" really well.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah pretty big flex of Solomon to show off his god martial arts completely separated from the powers given by the key.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Solomon David really is just thinly veiled Kenshiro isn't he

this is not a bad thing

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I mean everyone's probably just gonna roll their eyes. "Oh, yay, you smashed a table with your pinky. Big whoop."

Except Gog, she'll love it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

MikeJF posted:

I mean everyone's probably just gonna roll their eyes. "Oh, yay, you smashed a table with your pinky. Big whoop."

Except Gog, she'll love it.

Probably she'll be pissed off that she missed it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
You assume she needs those particular two eyes to see.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

No assumptions necessary, all worms simultaneously.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Angry Gog - really, properly angry - is going to be a chilling moment at some point, I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1105105213805993984
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1105105582091132928