Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CPL593H posted:

I really hope that guy isn't a racist or a cannibal or dog kicker or something. I'm going to avoid ever talking to him about anything that isn't a camera.

For sanity’s sake that’s a good policy for existence.

People: can’t live without them, can’t shoot them directly into the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

It's this guy and the other place. That's all.

I think all major publishers do direct mail subscriptions. It's been over a decade since I subscribed to Marvel, but when I did I would often get them a day early, and the one time something didn't show up I just called and they sent me a new copy within 3 days.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

I can't afford a goddamn boat! Where do you even get boat fuel? Are there boat gas stations in the ocean? Nobody knows!

You get boat fuel from the other boats you pirate, duh. And just steal a boat, it will be good practice for being a pirate.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Coffee And Pie posted:

For sanity’s sake that’s a good policy for existence.

People: can’t live without them, can’t shoot them directly into the sun.

"Hey, do you have any OM mount lenses?"

"Jews stole them all and made them into welfare offices for the blacks!"

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

CPL593H posted:

I can't afford a goddamn boat! Where do you even get boat fuel? Are there boat gas stations in the ocean? Nobody knows!

poseidon will provide

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CPL593H posted:

"Hey, do you have any OM mount lenses?"

"Jews stole them all and made them into welfare offices for the blacks!"

You’re not gonna open with that, are you?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's still crazy to me that that episode of Seinfeld actually happened.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

It's still crazy to me that that episode of Seinfeld actually happened.

And sadly it's probably the one that's aged the least.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

burn his shop down

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i just discovered the Judgement Night soundtrack and it's dope as hell (that Teenage Fanclub/De La song is exactly my poo poo) but the absolute funniest thing is the fact that apparently if you let Sir Mix-a-Lot go over a Mudhoney riff you basically get the B-52s

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I'm watching a pretty dull political thriller series on netflix, called Secret City, just because I grew up in Canberra and it's kind of beautifully photographed places I know in my bones

Mehki Phifer's in it a little bit, which is also cool

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
There was just a wire sting of a Chinese dissedent in Monster, the restaurant my Grandma's birthday dinner happened in a few years ago

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Chic Fil-A has lovely views as a corporation, but there's one in my city that's been owned by the same guy for 15+ years. My friend, who is bisexual, worked for him in high school and only has positive things to say about that guy. He actively hires LGBQT+ teenagers and persons in their early 20's and gives them a welcoming work environment. I like to imagine the owner does it as a soft middle finger to the corporation.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

i just discovered the Judgement Night soundtrack and it's dope as hell (that Teenage Fanclub/De La song is exactly my poo poo) but the absolute funniest thing is the fact that apparently if you let Sir Mix-a-Lot go over a Mudhoney riff you basically get the B-52s

It was weird in the 90s I think the same producer without drawing that much attention to it did one soundtrack that was all hip hop artists and rock artists (Judgement Night), one that was rock artists and electronica artists (Spawn) and one that was electronica artists and hip hop artists (Blade II). They all kind of own too.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

CPL593H posted:

I know that whole "No ethical consumption under capitalism." thing but goddamn it I just want someone somewhere to not be a pile of poo poo.

Good people are out there. I'm sorry the thing you like is locally in the hands of chuds. Your experiences make me better appreciate my local comic store, which is run by a punk rock aficionado who has happy employees.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm listening to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds for the first time and this feels like it would have been revelatory if I had heard it years earlier.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Updated MotM thread with some info on the making, suppression, and eventual release of The Commissar
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3883459&pagenumber=1#post493262985

quote:

Twenty years ago I made a film about the cancerous tumour in human history – ethnic chauvinism – the main enemy of our Revolution and our society. There are, however, anonymous forces in our society that prevent this film from being shown, even at a venue like this. I think that this is completely wrong and undermines the essence of glasnost [...] and of the grand programme which our Party has put forth. I ask the presiding committee to allow the film to be shown on this screen.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They released an official music video to that trippy I Got 5 On It remix from the Us trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBcTJ5ADFIM

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Hey HUNDU you should check out what’s going on with Sword and Scale, Mike’s basically pulling a smugfilm and ending it and his other shows because Wondery kicked him off because THE MOB is VIRTUE SIGNALLING and Mike DOESN'T TOE THE PARTY LINE even though he’s playing all the right-wing grifter hits.

Egbert Souse posted:

FYI, nonfat greek yogurt is an amazing substitute for both sour cream and mayo. I'm trying to go vegetarian now (two weeks in) and I made an Aldi "Beyond" style burger and made some special sauce using the yogurt. Tastes just like the real stuff, except it's actually pretty good for you.

Welcome to the fold! I’ve been vegetarian for over 7 years at this point and just recently learned Aldi has meatless options, including a pretty good Italian sausage.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Franchescanado posted:

Chic Fil-A has lovely views as a corporation, but there's one in my city that's been owned by the same guy for 15+ years. My friend, who is bisexual, worked for him in high school and only has positive things to say about that guy. He actively hires LGBQT+ teenagers and persons in their early 20's and gives them a welcoming work environment. I like to imagine the owner does it as a soft middle finger to the corporation.

Afaik they are generally considered one of the better fast food places to work for. You even get a guaranteed day off because they don't let people work on Sunday

It's a shame the company is run by bigoted shits but it's not like someone working fast food is doing it for fun so you take what you can get

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Hey HUNDU you should check out what’s going on with Sword and Scale, Mike’s basically pulling a smugfilm and ending it and his other shows because Wondery kicked him off because THE MOB is VIRTUE SIGNALLING and Mike DOESN'T TOE THE PARTY LINE even though he’s playing all the right-wing grifter hits.

we need to talk about mike

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

There's a Chic-fil-a franchise in New Hampshire that's privately owned and when they had that "Buy a lot of poo poo at our stores to spite the gays thing." the owner donated that entire day's profits to an LGBT charity.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Wasn't there like an anti-trans thing or something with him awhile back, I remember the reason I never listened to the podcast because y'all were hyping it for a hot minute then something happened where it sounded like he was a huge poo poo head.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Slight correction: Wondrey dropped Sword and Scale because Mike tweeted “I don’t understand dumb c—s. Maybe I should take one apart to see how it works.” on international women’s day.

So dump that fucker in the bin.

https://www.thewrap.com/members/2019/03/09/wondery-parts-ways-with-sword-scale-podcast-host-mike-boudet/

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

That's totally bot at all what a sociopathic serial killer would say, no sir!

Jesus

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
What’s some good French New Wave stuff? I’ve got Breathless and Shoot the Piano Player on my list but there’s kind of a lot to look at

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lmao sword and scale got cancelled, literally, because the host made an Instagram post saying "I don't understand dumb cunts, maybe I should take one apart and see how they work"

On international women's day

And then he made a ten minute whining episode about out of context screenshots

I'm fuckin rolling

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Skwirl posted:

Wasn't there like an anti-trans thing or something with him awhile back, I remember the reason I never listened to the podcast because y'all were hyping it for a hot minute then something happened where it sounded like he was a huge poo poo head.

There was an episode where he misgendered someone the whole time to reveal as a twist that they were trans. He’s notoriously been pretty lovely, but I never felt bad listening because I wasn’t giving him any money and was in fact taking it from him by using his bandwidth.

McCloud posted:

That's totally bot at all what a sociopathic serial killer would say, no sir!

Jesus

It’s a joke meme. It’s not even something he said!!

The best part is he complains about being the target of harassment but then repeats two other podcasters’ names multiple times, obviously indicating that we should harass them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ah I'm fuckin late I just jumped to the last page and didn't read it

It's really funny tho it's entirely par for the Mike B course

Like, thAt episode about the missing girl and the weirdo on Facebook was one hundo Mike taking a swing at people talking poo poo about him on social media

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

What’s some good French New Wave stuff? I’ve got Breathless and Shoot the Piano Player on my list but there’s kind of a lot to look at

I don't think it counts as French New Wave, but Elevator to the Gallows.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to miss my stupid rear end true crime stepson

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
He also got into trouble awhile back for posting an article on Facebook claiming the victim of a crime was a “sexpot” and then doubled down by calling himself a sexpot and putting it in his twitter bio.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What was Sword and Scale? I'd never heard of it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Detective No. 27 posted:

What was Sword and Scale? I'd never heard of it.

An outrageously trashy and fear-mongering true crime podcast that was notable for its use of primary sources (especially 911 calls, press conferences, and police interviews).

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

Eyes Without A Face

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm still ride or die on this being the most true crime podcast though, because it is pure exploitative trash written by a shithead with the sole aim of making cash, there's a lot of buck wild episodes that she still worth a listen in 2019, maybe I'll make a playlist of them

Shout out the one that's just Mike being a shithead to a teenager for like twnrty minutes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

An outrageously trashy and fear-mongering true crime podcast that was notable for its use of primary sources (especially 911 calls, press conferences, and police interviews).

And text to speech recordings of chat logs

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Elevator to the Gallows is really great

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

I know you already have a Truffaut but Jules and Jim is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

He also got into trouble awhile back for posting an article on Facebook claiming the victim of a crime was a “sexpot” and then doubled down by calling himself a sexpot and putting it in his twitter bio.

Also he's been accused of being a DM slider

And someone found an old news story about him trying to do the first go fund me before that was even a thing, asking people to pay him so he didn't have to get a job, illustrstinf what a fuckin grifter he is

Then there's the constant theme of "mentally I'll people will eat your skull"

Or the episode about how it's normal to want to gently caress teenagers