Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

NTRabbit posted:

Nah I reckon it's not a ship, it's just a mobile depot station, with enough self propulsion to move to new staging areas, but not enough for combat maneuvers.

Yea, we've seen what the station looks like in full and it looks nothing like any of those ships. It being a mobile support base is most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, we've seen what the station looks like in full and it looks nothing like any of those ships. It being a mobile support base is most likely.

Have we, though? I got the distinct impression there was still more going down from what was on the schematics.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madurai posted:

Have we, though? I got the distinct impression there was still more going down from what was on the schematics.

Yea but what we've seen looks nothing like a Venator or a ISD. Unless there is like some other thing attached to a ship, and that's the top part. Plus the ship would have to be vertical not horizontal, and that would be evident from the inside.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think the Station part of the Colossus is a heavily customized Star Destroyer Tower.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea but what we've seen looks nothing like a Venator or a ISD. Unless there is like some other thing attached to a ship, and that's the top part. Plus the ship would have to be vertical not horizontal, and that would be evident from the inside.

We saw from the schematics that there was a ton more down below the water level.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 11, 2019

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Disclaimer: I don't know where this is from.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Cool, looking forward to SDF Colossus in season 3.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I am curious to see how the regular people are going to react to Starkiller.
"Another loving Death Star?!"

Good ep. Hopefully the Aces or pirates do something next week.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD_nnP8nL6U

These continue to be just supremely fun.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 16, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I love the "OT characters flashback to the PT days" aesthetic

It works stupidly well

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Resistance finale part 2 episode: Good end, except for one glaringly horrible example of poor writing/execution. "How do we get Tam off the station easily without having to have her wrestle with the destruction of Hosnian Prime?" "I know, we'll just not have Kaz or Yeager mention it to her when they're pleading with her not to go!"

Try harder guys. Obviously I'm sure that's something she will find out in season 2, but there's no excuse for that not to be brought up this episode.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Teek posted:

Resistance finale part 2 episode: Good end, except for one glaringly horrible example of poor writing/execution. "How do we get Tam off the station easily without having to have her wrestle with the destruction of Hosnian Prime?" "I know, we'll just not have Kaz or Yeager mention it to her when they're pleading with her not to go!"

Try harder guys. Obviously I'm sure that's something she will find out in season 2, but there's no excuse for that not to be brought up this episode.

Yeah, the whole scene I was waiting for them to mention it and for Tam to believe their lies/cover-up if she was gonna go but nope.

I was absolutely pumped at that ending however - the way that they all came together to oppose the First Order was fantastic and the dogfight was brilliant. :allears:

How about those Stormtroopers just getting flushed and then eaten by space sharks?!

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah that was a good un'. Wasn't a fan of some elements, like the stuff that Teek mentioned (though regardless I do admire that they stuck to their guns with Tam's conversion) and some odd pacing around the ending dogfight; it's hard to really properly enunciate, but for a scene that started out with all the Aces flying in formation, the rest of it sure felt pretty disconnected in that sense.

Also, them jumping to D'Qar (presumably mid-or-post-evacuation) would have been an intriguing plot hook, so it's a shame that Neeku probably's flying them through a star, or bouncing them too close to a supernova, and that'll end their trip real quick probably

Still, it was good to see the Aces actually doing something, plus some :black101: stuff like flushing the stormtroopers out to drown and get eaten by sea life

edit:

Metalshark posted:

How about those Stormtroopers just getting flushed and then eaten by space sharks?!

Fantastic AV/post combo imo

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 17, 2019

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, at least write around it at the minimum. Either don't have them get a chance to plead with her to go, or somehow make it so she can't hear them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Besides what was mentioned, drat fine end to the season.

Kaz is gonna probably have to choose between Torra and Synara next season.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Besides what was mentioned, drat fine end to the season.

Kaz is gonna probably have to choose between Torra and Synara next season.

Neeku's right there though

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Torra's 14 and Kaz is 25; I hope they aren't pushing a romance angle there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's how George Lucas would want it

Tbh having the only black woman on the show join the space fascists kinda pisses me off (and the way they just had kaz totally ignore the fact that the first order just blew up his home planet during the scene where she chooses to go, so the writers could get her on the ship, was just incredibly contrived), but at least the show as a whole picked up in those last few episodes

site fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 18, 2019

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, the idea of someone enamored by the idea of peace and security; who is tired of the constant back and forth wars; is a good place to explore...but having the black character say "just follow the law and you won't get hurt" in an era where black people are routinely murdered at traffic stops is just kinda tone deaf.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
On the other hand she was a bit of an rear end to everyone all season and I'm not sad to see her go other than the fact that we're going to have to have half a season of redemption arc now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

jivjov posted:

Wow I genuinely thought Kaz was a teenager given how he acts. How is he only 10 years younger than Poe?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Azhais posted:

On the other hand she was a bit of an rear end to everyone all season and I'm not sad to see her go other than the fact that we're going to have to have half a season of redemption arc now.

Eh, she has pretty good cause to feel betrayed by her coworkers though. And all that child labor can't have helped. I kind of hope she becomes an antagonist.

It would at least make for someone who isn't a terribly boring copy of a copy of some other imperial/first order character like we've gotten so far.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

jivjov posted:

You may want to redo your math

Kaz was born 14 ABY
Torra was born 19 ABY
TFA is 35 ABY

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

Kaz was born 14 ABY
Torra was born 19 ABY
TFA is 35 ABY

21/16 is better than 25/14, but unless the Colossus is the Alabama of the outer rim that's still not a romance angle they should be pushing

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Vinylshadow posted:

Kaz was born 14 ABY
Torra was born 19 ABY
TFA is 35 ABY

Yeah, I had the year of Resistance/TFA wrong my bad

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

site posted:

That's how George Lucas would want it

Tbh having the only black woman on the show join the space fascists kinda pisses me off (and the way they just had kaz totally ignore the fact that the first order just blew up his home planet during the scene where she chooses to go, so the writers could get her on the ship, was just incredibly contrived), but at least the show as a whole picked up in those last few episodes

Understandable, but take heart in the fact that every person of color shown in a Space Fascist uniform makes the worst people rage.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does it, or would they be considered The Good Ones

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azhais posted:

21/16 is better than 25/14, but unless the Colossus is the Alabama of the outer rim that's still not a romance angle they should be pushing

Well it was full of swamp creatures and folks in white hats. Close enough?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Azhais posted:

:agreed: She's not a very convincingly-written character. The writers haven't done a very good job of explaining why she is so receptive to a "law and order" fascist regime. "They provided jobs and security in the past" is pretty flimsy; if she's unaware of the Empire's/First Order's past atrocities, or if she's in denial about them, that needs to be better-established.

Also she's just an abrasive shitheel who doesn't really add much to the show. I wish she'd be gone permanently, although I know she won't be.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-star-wars-resistance-producer-answers-your-burning-qu-1833278483

Interview with the producer on the finale and season 2.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

They should make the entire second season a long and slow chase scene, start to finish

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NTRabbit posted:

They should make the entire second season a long and slow chase scene, start to finish

Great idea.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think Tam probably grew up on a world that was spared the Galactic Civil Wars destruction, and to her the Empire was just a time when things were peaceful. She's never seen them round up aliens or blow up a planet, all she knows is her grandfather worked at a factory and put food on the table. I get the feeling she's been pretty sheltered, and the New Republic seems to want to agressively move past that era so its probably not talked about a lot. She probably hears guys like Yeager talk about it and think they're stretching the truth, or Kaz is just over reacting.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Taika Wat8t8

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 22, 2019

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Cross-Section posted:

Taika Wat8t8

I had no idea I needed this in my life until right now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cross-Section posted:

Taika Wat8t8

This rules, but the prevailing rumor is that it’s not IG-88, just another IG-Series droid.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cross-Section posted:

Taika Wat8t8

:stwoon:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I can't believe they're adding another Death Star to The Mandalorian

Three were enough

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

Three were enough

Kevin J Anderson wants to know your location

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Azhais posted:

Kevin J Anderson wants to know your location

I'm in the fifth Death Star's detention block, penning Episodes X-XIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Vinylshadow posted:

Three were enough

Don't worry, the prototype Death Star from the Maw Installation isn't canonical, so any Death Star they do add (if they do) will only be the third.