Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
RIP Freckles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dawgstar posted:

"Use <your weapon> with your heart, not with your rage. Wielded without wrath, a weapon of war can become an instrument of peace."
Man, I miss ATLA.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Is there any reliable way to check a site's traffic? Because I'm curious how many other people reading Star Power before the 'interlude' have also bailed out completely.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Even though I can't care much about Lackadaisy anymore since it updates slowly, it's a delight and perfect as ever

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ashcans posted:

Is there any reliable way to check a site's traffic? Because I'm curious how many other people reading Star Power before the 'interlude' have also bailed out completely.

Alexa is probably the closest thing you'll get aside from actually being in control of the site and seeing the analytics, and it's certainly not the most reliable, but still:

lol

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

wait, why are the numbers getting bigger as the y axis goes down

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mors Rattus posted:

wait, why are the numbers getting bigger as the y axis goes down

Those are global rank numbers. Higher numbers means lower rank, eg less popular.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of girls and died.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

oh, you didn't know about snoutface and sidemouth?

we have such sights to show you

But I don't want an eternity of Mookie's pleasures.

PMush Perfect posted:

Man, I miss ATLA.

Better than cribbing from Green Lantern, I guess.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of girls and died.

Ate some horseradish, and cried.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Alexa is probably the closest thing you'll get aside from actually being in control of the site and seeing the analytics, and it's certainly not the most reliable, but still:

lol

Oh man, this dumb book started at the beginning of January so that's basically perfect. Small dip as it goes on break and then continuous fall ever since.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I've been here too long, I cannot read this and mentally append "thought of ants and died"

That first "and" in the sentence above, I tried to write it as "ant"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

:thunk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

ugh

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
jesus lmao

also

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

That sure is some perspective.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

The gently caress was this drawn in, Google SketchUp?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"You're Broom Girl now."

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
dudes trying to push the boundaries of his comfort zone, i can respect that

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

PMush Perfect posted:

"You're Broom Girl now."

broom enby really

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

make mockery posted:

dudes trying to push the boundaries of his comfort zone, i can respect that

I feel like he probably should have started doing that ten years ago, instead of waiting until his comic was old enough to drive.

But i can't really hate QC. Dude's continually and perpetually rewarded for doing what he's doing, why should he bother to change?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
QC has continually improved its art in a linear sort of way ever since it started so I have no idea what you mean.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

QC has continually improved its art in a linear sort of way ever since it started so I have no idea what you mean.

that was true (and impressive) for a long while but I feel like it’s been basically the same for the past few years now

maybe it’s subtle and I’m just not paying close enough attention tho

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Spark That Bled posted:

That sure is some perspective.

The perspective is fine I think? The problem is that it's TOO accurate, which is why comic artists usually trace models instead of copying them. :v:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

things are happening in Vattu and i'm worried for Velas :ohdear:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

mycot posted:

The perspective is fine I think? The problem is that it's TOO accurate, which is why comic artists usually trace models instead of copying them. :v:

I personally am weirded out by the corner of ceiling we can see near the room - maybe it's perfectly accurate, but it makes me feel like the POV is either above the ceiling or embedded in it. Just a slightly lower angle and we wouldn't have that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I feel like he probably should have started doing that ten years ago, instead of waiting until his comic was old enough to drive.

But i can't really hate QC. Dude's continually and perpetually rewarded for doing what he's doing, why should he bother to change?

Also his fans sometimes get really upset when he tries new stuff.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
But what's the bathroom's moss-rock status? How about an obsidian-and-lava colour scheme?

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
Can any of you love angels help me out and point me to or provide me with a strip from James Kochalka/American Elf that's about art and goes something like "How the gently caress do I know what I want to do? Just do poo poo!"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

Can any of you love angels help me out and point me to or provide me with a strip from James Kochalka/American Elf that's about art and goes something like "How the gently caress do I know what I want to do? Just do poo poo!"

This the one?

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
It wasn't that, precisely, though that is also lovely. It was an American Elf strip, I am almost certain, so had the multipanel format, was in color, and definitely built toward a payoff that was something like "Just do poo poo!" I always think of it when I need inspiration and want to share it with others.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

It wasn't that, precisely, though that is also lovely. It was an American Elf strip, I am almost certain, so had the multipanel format, was in color, and definitely built toward a payoff that was something like "Just do poo poo!" I always think of it when I need inspiration and want to share it with others.

I wanted to post the strip he made about his son's incredibly soft balls under spoiler as a goof to you but I really didn’t want to google elf son soft balls

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
thats literally the only american elf comic i remember bc it was extremely weird in a bad way

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

widdershins is real good

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

ah, 'act ii'

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

make mockery posted:

widdershins is real good

:tipshat:

btw if you're not reading Tiger Tiger you are missing out on some of the best art in comics right now

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

make mockery posted:

ah, 'act ii'

Yeah I'm a big fan of where this might be going, I'm glad the comic is also acknowledging how much hot bullshit the survivor-style contest is. And I already thought Broom Girl was the coolest, this just cements it :cool:

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Where on earth does QC exist that two twenty-somethings with one income can afford to wait overnight to accept an apartment they already admitted would be perfect for their needs? Like it took us a month to find our last (barely acceptable) apartment and we only got it because we had cash in hand and sniped it from someone who didn't bring their checkbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

plainswalker75 posted:

Where on earth does QC exist that two twenty-somethings with one income can afford to wait overnight to accept an apartment they already admitted would be perfect for their needs? Like it took us a month to find our last (barely acceptable) apartment and we only got it because we had cash in hand and sniped it from someone who didn't bring their checkbook.
Post-singularity.