Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

ELO Musk posted:

He's certainly not worth the contract now. I'm just imagining how much money the CBs of the NFC East are going to make after putting up gaudy INT numbers against the likes of Case Keenum and Colt McCoy.

Keenum is still shook over the NFC Championship game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
The Redskins are in a no win situation when it comes to QBs.

So I’ll take Case I guess.

And before Alex lost his leg the Skins were in a position to make the playoffs.

And then the wheels fell off the loving bus.

I mean we started Mark loving Sanchez.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

When the strike happens I hope the PA sticks to their loving guns and gets pot of all things out of this convo. Given all the other drugs that are pumped into their system having that banned is more stupid than it is for the general public.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A dog and his man posted:

The Redskins are in a no win situation when it comes to QBs.

So I’ll take Case I guess.

And before Alex lost his leg the Skins were in a position to make the playoffs.

And then the wheels fell off the loving bus.

I mean we started Mark loving Sanchez.

Washington was never in a realistic place to make the playoffs. They were 6-3 but had averaged fewer than 20 points per game. Their position was, at best, a fluke that was only going to lead to disappoinment. The injury cascade was definitely a disaster, but I strongly feel that the front office was deluding themselves with how the season started.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

Cash Monet posted:

If you want to tank without it looking blatant you could do worse than Case Keenum.

My guess is next season goes about how you'd expect and they let Gruden go than get a new coach and draft a QB and go from there.

Keenum was also close to free and it's not a sure bet he was brought in to be the starter; they could still go get Rosen or draft a QB or something. Keenum just gets them to 2 QBs for next season, and carrying 2 didn't exactly work out last year.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Always have three QBs.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Keenum is the best option they have. They should tank anyways and prepare to actually fill the quarterback position in the next draft.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

According to what I was hearing on the local radio this morning the Skins already told both QBs they're going to be earning that starter position, part of the reason they're getting paid the same amount.

Cause they're both back ups and one of them dies everytime he goes out.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I for one think it'd be super awesome for desean jackson to come back. Though considering the current cap situation for the Eagles, that seems extremely unlikely. Really makes you think about how we went from ch*p k*lly to super bowl champions in 2 years. Fuuuck we could have turned into 30 sorry years of irrelevance just like the boys and r*dskins.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
DL Malik Jackson, 3 years, $10 million.

All hail Howie

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Guess again.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1105124385499873282

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Still a drat good signing considering Tim Jernigan was set to make that much.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1105172437908578306?s=19

come home

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I wouldn't mind getting Jackson back but I hope they don't pay too much given his age and injury history.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Normally it's silly wanting a 32 year old WR who's predicated off of being a burner with speed.

But, safe to say Jackson is an outlier.

Word is, he's telling people he has a contract pretty much done with the Eagles for 3 years. Sounds about right. Low hit this year, higher hit next year, option to cut in year 3. Retire an Eagle.

I think he has a good 2 years left in him. Draft a burner WR and let him learn from the best.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Didn't the Eagles organization as a whole burn that bridge pretty thoroughly?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Chip Kelly did.

I just want him back so he can't torch us when we play against him

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Landon Collins is apparently a Redskin now.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
DESEAN JACKSON

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I like DeSean well enough but gently caress man I'll never forget that idiot "spiking" the god damned football before he crossed the goal line just so he could look super cool. He didn't even spike it. He just loving dropped it.

Malik is a good pick up and of course DJ can stretch the field but I have a bug up my rear end about players that do dumb poo poo like that.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Chip was pretty much the only person happy with that Jackson trade, so I think he'd be welcomed back pretty openly by most of Philly. Guy was a bit of a showboating diva, but looks downright mild compared to some of the poo poo Brown and Odell have gotten up to.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I want to see Jeffrey and Djax on the same team. I'm not even necessarily sure it's a good idea but it sounds like fun.

Call me silly though, but I hope it doesn't come at the expense of Agholor.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Chip was pretty much the only person happy with that Jackson trade

* release

BiggerBoat posted:

I like DeSean well enough but gently caress man I'll never forget that idiot "spiking" the god damned football before he crossed the goal line just so he could look super cool. He didn't even spike it. He just loving dropped it.

What was that, his rookie year? Get over it.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah, Jackson was released, Maclin left*, McCoy was the trade. None of those moves made anyone happy except for Chip.

*edit: thought he was released but it looks like someone picked him up straight up.

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU3ByZE0MbM

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 11, 2019

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqvkU59UKHI

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Shere posted:

Yeah, Maclin and Jackson were released, McCoy was the trade. None of those moves made anyone happy except for Chip.

Maclin was a FA. The Chiefs overpaid for him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/1105217222249799682

Wow, March 11th and the Eagles are already Offseason Champions.

so far:
- traded for DeSean Jackson
- signed Malik Jackson
- re-signed Peters, Kelce, Graham, Seumalo.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Jackson needs 2861 yards to become the Eagles career leader. That might be overly optimistic at this point but it's within reach again.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

What was that, his rookie year? Get over it.

Yeah against Dallas.

And he's done poo poo like that since too.

I'm OK with the trade I just loathe stupid play and stuff like unsportsmanlike 15 yarders for no reason.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If these forum die soon, know this:

gently caress the Cowboys

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah against Dallas.

I'm OK with the trade I just loathe stupid play and stuff like unsportsmanlike 15 yarders for no reason.

I love DeSean Jackson's flamboyance even if it leads to an occasional stupid play. He's NBA level fun in the NFL.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BiggerBoat posted:

such as?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm glad that Roseman has made it his life's work to reverse every Chip Kelly decision.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

indigi posted:

such as?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5s8F2u8LUE

Look, I think it's a good sign and I like the guy but to pretend he doesn't gently caress in stupid ways is ridiculous. Some people find that "fun". I don't. This bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpcgP4sVUKo

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
you suck

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Well, no poo poo.

I'm an Eagles fan.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I've always respected DJax playing the shitheel role. Made the Eagles that much more fun to hate. Rivalries are better with villains.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tom Sellout posted:

I've always respected DJax playing the shitheel role. Made the Eagles that much more fun to hate. Rivalries are better with villains.

Case in point; Dan Snyder and Washington fans.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
wentz has no excuse this year. Put up or go back to directional dakota and eat some hamberders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

wentz has no excuse this year. Put up or go back to directional dakota and eat some hamberders.

Yeah Wentz! No more of this "I tore my ACL" or "I have a stress fracture in my back" bullshit. NO EXCUSES!