Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

J33uk posted:

I admire what they're trying to do with the show this season but the show just can't carry it. That Mad World sequence was embarrassing.

Mad World playing over a chaotic scene is so overused at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lmao when Supergirl told Nia that strength is about standing around with your hands on your hips. I guess she is the strongest after all.

"Now The Elite are as bad as Lockwood and his fanatics." :rolleyes:

I guess Jimmy will be getting that sweet superhero juice.

J33uk posted:

I admire what they're trying to do with the show this season but the show just can't carry it. That Mad World sequence was embarrassing.

:agreed:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Getting all caught up and I love that they went All Star Superman for Supermans Fortress. However the Dreamer out fit is weird looking even though I love the character.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Did the Lex Luthor ep air? I only watched the crossover eps this year, and I thought they did a really great job there with portraying Superman as a silver agey boy scout a la All Star. Does this keep up that interpretation, and would I be able to enjoy this one without having seen any of the rest of the season?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Dude, Nia is really going full-blown superhero this episode.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Argue posted:

Did the Lex Luthor ep air? I only watched the crossover eps this year, and I thought they did a really great job there with portraying Superman as a silver agey boy scout a la All Star. Does this keep up that interpretation, and would I be able to enjoy this one without having seen any of the rest of the season?

That's next week, the trailer dropped half a week early. This week was a march against a not-Proud Boys rally that got interrupted by Alien Antifa agitators.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Superman needs better security.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

Superman needs better security.

I was actually surprised that guy was able to pull out those special gloves that could actually lift that giant key.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

I was actually surprised that guy was able to pull out those special gloves that could actually lift that giant key.

Hat got around.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Vietnamwees posted:

Strength is stored in the forearms.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Gloves can't help you pick up heavy things like that!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

Gloves can't help you pick up heavy things like that!

Tactile telekinesis.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It always seemed like a lovely door locking system anyway given how many superstrong bad guys Superman tangles with, especially in the comics. Although I guess a regular lock wouldn't keep someone out anyway if they had enough superstrength.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

If you're going to complain about the key, then how did Hat get them there when he can only teleport to places he's been? How did the invisible alien whose name I forget know the key was there?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bruceski posted:

If you're going to complain about the key, then how did Hat get them there when he can only teleport to places he's been? How did the invisible alien whose name I forget know the key was there?

I figure Lois Lane probably told everyone about the key in some article and both her and Clark assumed no one would have the strength to pick it up and actually use it since most opponents of Supes who are that strong tend to go straight at Big Blue himself. Practically anyone could probably make an expedition to the front door of the Fortress of Solitude if they were determined enough though.

My question is where he got the gloves?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The key was right there. Barely concealed beneath a light dusting of snow. The question isn’t how the Morae found it, it’s how no one else did.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Yeah, that's kinda the joke. He keeps the key right under the doormat, but it weighs a million tons so it doesn't do you any good to find it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought it was funny that the two examples Haley cited of peaceful protests that turned bad were because the government crushed the protests.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So they finally kind of sort of did what I wanted with one of the racists seeing the error of his ways but like, it totally didn't work at all, because a) he wasn't a full-on CoL and b) who the gently caress was he? Am I supposed to remember him at all, because Supergirl seemed to, but I sure as hell don't.

Before they can try making the chud flipping be A Thing™ we have to either know the character, care about the character, or see how bigoted the character is then play up how deeply horrified they are by their own actions. And since it's just some random rear end in a top hat in a suit heckling outside instead of like, one of the CoL with the mask and baseball bat, it's not a dramatic enough change.

All that said, I did like Nia and Brainy this episode "I am American Alien... Hashtag American Alien"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The dude who changed his mind was Lockwood’s aide who Supergirl saved from being sniped in the beginning, so she was super disappointed to find out he was still a xenophobe after that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oooohhhh. Okay. Well then, I still hold to my point that it shouldn't have been some guy that we the audience had only seen for like 5 minutes tops.

edit: oh one more thing I thought of this episode, Manchester's totally gonna wind up (or just somehow turn out to be) psychic somehow, right? I mean I know TV/movie characters don't have to match their comic counterparts, but they can't just keep having J'onn say that he feels they have a connection without that happening.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 12, 2019

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Nia was so great this episode. I loved seeing her get really aggressively into the whole super hero thing, and having to be reigned in by Supergirl.

Her wanting to stay in her suit all the time, doing warm up stretches, reacting to being called a sidekick, etc... all of that was super cute and fun too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jassa posted:

Nia was so great this episode. I loved seeing her get really aggressively into the whole super hero thing, and having to be reigned in by Supergirl.

Her wanting to stay in her suit all the time, doing warm up stretches, reacting to being called a sidekick, etc... all of that was super cute and fun too.

Yea that was fantastic. "bring it down to a 7"

Also Nicole Maines has amazing hair.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea that was fantastic. "bring it down to a 7"

Also Nicole Maines has amazing hair.

She really does. I'm so gay for her.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, that's kinda the joke. He keeps the key right under the doormat, but it weighs a million tons so it doesn't do you any good to find it.

The best part was they said it weighed (I think) 500 000 lbs, and then it moved when Manchester wiped the show off it...

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

jassa posted:

Yeah, all of Nia's business was fun.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So wait, did Kara introduce herself as Kara Zor-El when acting as Supergirl?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

So wait, did Kara introduce herself as Kara Zor-El when acting as Supergirl?

Lot's of Kara's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Lot's of Kara's.

With long As?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

With long As?

Maybe? Not like Kara Danvers is some famous person. Only one who would have a problem overhearing is her sister.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

Maybe? Not like Kara Danvers is some famous person. Only one who would have a problem overhearing is her sister.

It just seems really careless.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Look, they're obviously different people. One wears glasses, the other doesn't.

Plus we've seen them both in the same place at the same time at least once or twice...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of secret identities the show is still unclear as to whether or not the new bosses know that Brainy is an alien from the future.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Speaking of secret identities the show is still unclear as to whether or not the new bosses know that Brainy is an alien from the future.

Pretty sure they know he's an alien, unclear if they know about the future part.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It just seems really careless.

Kara hangs out at the alien bar all the time out of costume, so chances are there are people out there who know but don't really care. Kinda like Raimi Spider-Man.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
After watching that promo with Lex Luthor and with Jimmy now shot, it seems like Jimmy's situation is gonna get put on the backburner, even though his sister comes on the show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

After watching that promo with Lex Luthor and with Jimmy now shot, it seems like Jimmy's situation is gonna get put on the backburner, even though his sister comes on the show.

My hunch is he shot and kidnapped Jimmy. What guy doesn't get out of prison and immediately go after his stater's ex?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bruceski posted:

My hunch is he shot and kidnapped Jimmy. What guy doesn't get out of prison and immediately go after his stater's ex?

His sister's ex and the "Best Pal" of his nemesis.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rhyno posted:

With long As?

As opposed to what? How else do you say Kara? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!