Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

I get what you're saying and trying not to get offended at you excluding motorcycle racers and, frankly, I haven't actually read anything prior to your post. I just wanna post sidecar racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQL3lkxcTJA

Sidecars is absolute insanity, and also absolutely awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

orange juche posted:

Sidecars is absolute insanity, and also absolutely awesome

It sure is. You know what would even be better?

Sidecar racing.... on the Isle of Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp28Dev-pOc

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

It sure is. You know what would even be better?

Sidecar racing.... on the Isle of Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp28Dev-pOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ByBDptdK0

Way better video.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

You know what's better than that?

VINTAGE sidecar racing. All the deathtrap of sidecar racing with a healthy dose of 50s/60s deathtrap of racing in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvNPIacuz3Y

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0pdZ8wOiw

This doesn't seem like a good idea.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah the old three hump Conrod Straight

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

6 minutes in: Two rider wreck, sidecar with plywood framing, and a legend assisting cleanup wearing nothing but stubbies and shoes. :australia:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Yeah, those Nissans in particular weren't for Le Mans or international competition, but at some point in the 1980s they went from Group 5 rules to the All-Japan Sports Prototype series using Group C rules, which is where fleets of customer Porsche 956s raced against what Toyota, Nissan and Mazda were also taking to Le Mans.

But holy poo poo let's talk about those painted support vans on dope-rear end little wheels in the background. Surely they've long ago been sent to a crusher but holy poo poo that's peak 1984 Japan right there.

They still get used a bit in the UK. I work for a multinational and they've just got one of these zipping round campus.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
This weekend is the 50th Formula E race. Feels like the series has been around longer.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
And it's looking like it will be the first wet race too

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Impressive qualifying time by Vandoorne. Half a second clear of the field!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I wanted Bird to win, but Lotterer got screwed, and Bird has now been penalised and lost the win. Sucks for both of them, was a great race.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

can we talk MotoGP itt?

because I'm thinking of getting their videopass and want to see what other people think of it first

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
WEC testing at Sebring this weekend: Toyota is two seconds faster than the track record from 2013 and three seconds clear of the rest of the LMP1s

Great job again guys, going to be another awesome race for your flagship class

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
don't worry those namby pamby toyotas will break under the stress of sebring's horrific pavement

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Prediction: Toyota's run away at the start but mid-race are recalled due to faulty airbags

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

can we talk MotoGP itt?

because I'm thinking of getting their videopass and want to see what other people think of it first

It's probably the best quality of the video streaming services I've used but I've consistently canceled it because it's way too expensive.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Yeah, the price was really giving me pause but there is apparently a lot of cool poo poo archived as well.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The archival stuff is iffy. The 90s stuff is really good highlights packages but last I was on, a lot of the early 00s stuff up to about 2005 was in awful quality, like early 2000s RealMedia quality.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I've actually had a lot of problems with the MotoGP Videopass. Had to get a refund a couple times because streams wouldn't play. Trying to buy the race right now and it won't load.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This is my prediction for Sebring.
https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/1104821044865585154

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

if u wanna watch some trucks tear around in the desert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhs4njnpgsE

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Cygni posted:

if u wanna watch some trucks tear around in the desert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhs4njnpgsE

Jenson Button trying to kill a camera man.

Also, oysters.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 10, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Fauxhawk Express posted:

can we talk MotoGP itt?

It's worth it IMO, but I'm the rear end in a top hat who has a Nicky Hayden keychain and a WLF hat, so I'm obviously a broke-brained anorak.

Since there's no app for the AppleTV specifically, I beam it to the TV from my iPad, and it has a tendency to gently caress up catastrophically about once every 4 races. Currently taking bets on whether I'll watch Argentina at all this year because, for a variety of reasons I can't explain offhand, I have never managed to watch an Argentina race, live or replay.

If you don't want the multi screen features, it's cheaper to get the standard feed. The multi screen options are neat and all, but it tends to crash even more readily than the single feed.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Might be new for this season, but MotoGP does now have an AppleTV app.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

gret posted:

Might be new for this season, but MotoGP does now have an AppleTV app.

Correction, AppleTV 3 app. I don't have one of those fancy new ones with the better app selection. This is a personal problem, I realize.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Like I said on discord, we had a close race, Marquez near the top, and Crazy Joe crashed out. MotoGP is definitely back for 2019.

Ducati has to be strong because four other manufacturers wanted them excluded because of a technical part

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It's worth it IMO, but I'm the rear end in a top hat who has a Nicky Hayden keychain and a WLF hat, so I'm obviously a broke-brained anorak.

I love Rossi so much because he’s willing to sacrifice sponsor money just to say “I love pussy” on his leathers and merch. Legend.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

harperdc posted:

Like I said on discord, we had a close race, Marquez near the top, and Crazy Joe crashed out. MotoGP is definitely back for 2019.

Ducati has to be strong because four other manufacturers wanted them excluded because of a technical part

I love Rossi so much because he’s willing to sacrifice sponsor money just to say “I love pussy” on his leathers and merch. Legend.

MotoGP is so hot this year I am :getin: as gently caress right now.

I've actually been stopped at rural grocery stores in Oregon by Rossi fans when I wear my gear in public. I loving love this place.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

drgitlin posted:

It's hard for some people to understand, but not all racing series cater to spectators as their main customer. Lemons/Chumpcar/WRL/AER's customers are the teams who race in them, not paying spectators. Likewise, SRO's customers are the teams who race in them. People in the stands are a secondary concern.

Shoot that's true even of like IMSA, Blancpain TC/GT3/GT4, Ferrari Challenge, and more pretty high level series with sponsors and stuff, which are a mix of rich people racing leagues and feeder leagues to other series. They may sell tickets but the stands are pretty darn empty.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

can we talk MotoGP itt?

You can but there's also a secret motoGP thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882819

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Zaphod42 posted:

Shoot that's true even of like IMSA, Blancpain TC/GT3/GT4, Ferrari Challenge, and more pretty high level series with sponsors and stuff, which are a mix of rich people racing leagues and feeder leagues to other series. They may sell tickets but the stands are pretty darn empty.

It’s not really true for IMSA. And SRO *is* Blancpain.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Sebring sales up 40-50% as people realize they can party a whole extra day this year. And it might rain.

Attendees, brace for chaos (which Sebring attendees know is a good thing)

https://racer.com/2019/03/12/huge-run-on-sebring-tickets/

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm sitting in an RV, 20 minutes away from the track writing this post

:getin:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I saw the Magnus Racing trailer going south on I-95 yesterday so I'm assuming this is good luck for them maybe?

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Super Sebring is a pretty sweet loving deal, if it had happened a few years ago when LMP1 was still an actual class I probably would have found some way to make the trip

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Will Super Sebring be back next year?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

iospace posted:

No one even knows what cars will exist next year at this point

Edit: I'll be at the track around 530, so loving hype.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iospace posted:

Schedulewise yes. They've already confirmed the 2019-2020 schedule and Super Sebring is slated for "March", which means they will align with whatever IMSA puts out for the 12h.

As far as what is going to be racing? Who the gently caress knows, maybe they will do 8 hours of lawnmower racing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

orange juche posted:

Schedulewise yes. They've already confirmed the 2019-2020 schedule and Super Sebring is slated for "March", which means they will align with whatever IMSA puts out for the 12h.

As far as what is going to be racing? Who the gently caress knows, maybe they will do 8 hours of lawnmower racing.

Hell yeah, and this is a bad thing? Respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

No one even knows what cars will exist next year at this point

Edit: I'll be at the track around 530, so loving hype.

The new Hypercar rules are scheduled to start post-Le Mans 2020, so the 2019-20 season of WEC will use the same rules as now (so current P1s).