Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Destiny Connect is getting a US release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycUTsN4465Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I need advice.

I have $36 in my eShop account, and I can't figure out what I want to buy.

Here is what we have(outside of the big release titles like Smash, Zelda, Odyssey):

Battle Chef Brigade
Super Meat Boy
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Letter Quest
OlliOlli
Dragon's Lair Trilogy
Broforce
The Way
Rocket League
Pool Panic
Golf Story
Minecraft
Jackbox Party Pack 1-5
Tumblestone
Snipperclips
Space Dave!
Slayaway Camp
Semblance
Human Fall Flat
Kamiko
One Strike
Strikers 1945 II
Gunbird 2
Runner 3
Timber Man
Little Inferno
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Soccer Slammers
Pirate POP
Totes the Goat
Thumper
2020 Super Baseball
Oh Sir! Insult & Roast

I noticed Mario & Rabbids is on sale, and I'm thinking about that one. Convince me!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't see Shovel Knight on there

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I just bought marioXrabbids and it's super charming, even the peach rabbid is really well characterized. Plus the version with the dlc is like $50 off, so its not like it's gonna go much lower in price.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I don't see Shovel Knight on there

That's because I do not own it.

bushisms.txt posted:

I just bought marioXrabbids and it's super charming, even the peach rabbid is really well characterized. Plus the version with the dlc is like $50 off, so its not like it's gonna go much lower in price.

I didn't notice that the bundle was on sale....hhmm...

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 12, 2019

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Canned Panda posted:

I need advice.

Here is what we have(outside of the big release titles like Smash, Zelda, Odyssey):

Hyper Light Drifter.

How is this game not recommended literally every time someone needs a new game? It's fantastic. Think Link to the Past but combat-oriented. It's one of my top 10 games of all time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hyper Light Drifter is a modern Landstalker game and not like Zelda but its still really good and while its been on other systems for ages the Switch version is the definitive version in terms of content.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Jackboxes are the greatest party games ever made, and being able to just
pull it out of your pocket and set it up on a desk is goddamn revolutionary

edit: I misunderstood the question, but this is still true so I'm leaving it up

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 12, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rcr and the japanese series it and dodgeball were bastardized from are masterworks. The spiritual ancestor of todays internationally renowned yakuza series, rcr provided a game way ahead of its time on the nes.
A well realized town, strong gameplay, innovative character progression systems, art style that looks great and adds a lot of visual humor, kicking tunes, ...yeah its an undeniable classic that just owns.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You already own Broforce and golf story so I’m not sure what else you really need in life, friend.

E: sonic mania

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I mean. Sonic Mania or Toejam & Earl

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh, or Rayman Legends.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

All 3 are good and worth having but in order I’d go Sonic, T&E, then Rayman.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Sonic mania is a revelation! Take it from someone who finds Mario games boring, Sonic mania is super good and you should play it ASAP.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

Sonic mania is a revelation! Take it from someone who finds Mario games boring, Sonic mania is super good and you should play it ASAP.

I agree and I’m someone that prefers Mario. Sonic Mania is fantastic.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I can't play Sonic games because who in the world would design a chemical plant with that kind of layout. Who hired these people? There are so many fundamental flaws and hazards in play here that I seriously don't know where to start. It's so irresponsible.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Canned Panda posted:

I need advice.

Battle Chef Brigade
Super Meat Boy
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Letter Quest
OlliOlli
Dragon's Lair Trilogy
Broforce
The Way
Rocket League
Pool Panic
Golf Story
Minecraft
Jackbox Party Pack 1-5
Tumblestone
Snipperclips
Space Dave!
Slayaway Camp
Semblance
Human Fall Flat
Kamiko
One Strike
Strikers 1945 II
Gunbird 2
Runner 3
Timber Man
Little Inferno
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Soccer Slammers
Pirate POP
Totes the Goat
Thumper
2020 Super Baseball
Oh Sir! Insult & Roast

I noticed Mario & Rabbids is on sale, and I'm thinking about that one. Convince me!

Celeste and Yoku’s Island Express

edit: fixed. yoku, not that snoreville looking yookah laylee game.

Bulgakov fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 12, 2019

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
How the hell do you have meat boy and not Celeste

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is the Switch port of Meat Boy the one with the awful soundtrack?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

Yooka Laylee

Now I know you're joking.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is the Switch port of Meat Boy the one with the awful soundtrack?

All the current versions are, yes

It probably sounds silly to most but I love Meat Boy and reached 106% in the original release and the new soundtrack is honestly a deal breaker

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fawf posted:

All the current versions are, yes

It probably sounds silly to most but I love Meat Boy and reached 106% in the original release and the new soundtrack is honestly a deal breaker

Pass then. The new soundtrack almost feels like some joke with how terrible it is.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
While some find Hyper Light Drifter to be great, personally I find it to be a typical unbalanced mess of an indie game. Like "NES games were hard as gently caress and we liked it, drat kids!" level. Although I think the problem was elsewhere: I was more fighting against the controls than the game, which made the boss fights tedious with their huge HPs. In the end I had to abandon the game entirely, because there's more interesting takes on the genre anyway.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Now I know you're joking.

oh hell!!! I got it confused

yoku’s island express! :negative:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

While some find Hyper Light Drifter to be great, personally I find it to be a typical unbalanced mess of an indie game. Like "NES games were hard as gently caress and we liked it, drat kids!" level. Although I think the problem was elsewhere: I was more fighting against the controls than the game, which made the boss fights tedious with their huge HPs. In the end I had to abandon the game entirely, because there's more interesting takes on the genre anyway.

Nah the game is pretty much perfect. It's tough but fair and if you're regularly getting upgrades then those health pools disappear pretty quick.

You can only fault yourself for getting killed, like with the better HK bosses.

That said I don't think the game is quite for everyone. It's super atmospheric and if you prefer being led by the nose the game will really frustrate you as most of the story is left to player discovery and interpretation.

Still if the guy doesn't have Celeste get Celeste.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Honestly one thing Iiked about Hyper Light Drifter is compared to its contemporaries you deal quite a lot of damage to enemeis and bosses. I never once even on the hardest fight for me thought "my god I wish this had less HP so this would be less grueling" and instead just accepted I needed to hang in for like 5 more seconds in a 35 second bossfight.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

How is the new Toejam & Earl?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

man why is Diablo 3 consistently the most expensive game for the Switch. even second hand it's around the same as brand new.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It is both a Switch game and a Blizzard game.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Yoko Ono's Express

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

psylent posted:

Yoko Ono's Express

finally

the rhythm game we can all be unified behind not wanting :shuckyes:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I want it

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Are Rabbids and World of FF on sale for $20 for everyone else?

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm wondering if it's because of that or if that's just a crazy deal. I got an email about birthday discounts but it only listed 3DS and Wii U games.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

MechaSeinfeld posted:

man why is Diablo 3 consistently the most expensive game for the Switch. even second hand it's around the same as brand new.

I just want to take this opportunity to once again thank Walmart for loving up their prices right before Christmas, allowing me to get D3 for $17.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I think the same 3DS and WiiU offers have been there for 4 years.

Okay I’m exaggerating, but very slightly.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Are Rabbids and World of FF on sale for $20 for everyone else?

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm wondering if it's because of that or if that's just a crazy deal. I got an email about birthday discounts but it only listed 3DS and Wii U games.

They’re both on sale for everybody, there’s a Ubisoft sale and a Square-Enix sale going on

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

irlZaphod posted:

How is the new Toejam & Earl?

Disclosure: I haven't played it. I'm planning on getting it, and have read and watched about 20 reviews so far. If you liked the original, and want that, but a bit more fleshed out, go for it. If you're looking for a sequel that adds a bunch of poo poo into the mix, you won't find it there. I guess think of it as 'What if the original had 25 more levels, and a few new things? Plus the ability to play online, and also with 3 other people this time?'

There are unlockables, and stats now, which is neat. Really, if you love TJ&E1 (and parts of 2), get it. If not, then don't.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They’re both on sale for everybody, there’s a Ubisoft sale and a Square-Enix sale going on
Thanks!! Couldn't figure that out for some reason.

I'm probably gonna scoop up both. I know little about WoFF besides the cute style and great Beastiary entries tho. Anyone played it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

World of Final Fantasy is not a good game and its cuteness wont carry you as far as you think. The biggest issues with it is its actual story doesnt exist until you get the first credits roll in chapter 20 out of 21 and more isnt dolled out until you finish a huge list of dull sidequests and the game is abominably slow. You will be playing the entire game holding the fastforward button and it will still be agonizingly slow.

On top of this combat is dreadful, the entire stack mechanic is poorly thought out, and items are basically superior to magic for the entire game. Oh and leveling your monsters is, again, dreadfully slow and unsatisfying while somehow made massively more convoluted and difficult to understand than ever necessary and the pool of monsters is not very deep for iconic monsters you care about in FF but extremely deep for palette swaps of "generic wolf" and "generic bat"