Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

All the characters/costumes for the next patch have been data-mined and it's looking prettttty awesome.

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/av0cn1/v49_character_spoilers/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It’s amazing that Nightcrawler is getting a uniform before Storm.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The bastards are gonna break Timeline again and force another paradigm shift. I had such a good thing going with Jean, Deadpool, and Cap and was gonna test Reed out to see if he's better than Cap.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I wonder if this Wolverine uni will actually be good.

Also Deadpool is already one of the best characters, giving him a uni seems odd.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't know what to do T3-wise. I have 1600 fragments now and I keep on hoarding for the next update and then am completely underwhelmed. Right now my T3s are Cap, Thor, Deadpool, and Sharon. I would do Luna if I had her at 420 and none of the other candidates seem worth it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If there's a methodology behind it I really do think its Timeline based. If you max up Deadpool with a costume then you basically force everyone who relies on T3 Deadpool in Timeline to upgrade just to keep up.

But I'm not sure there's really anything that thought out behind this stuff. Like Nightcrawler's a newish character who's already really tough. I'm pretty sure they just made up a list of mutants and themes to run through in updates and someone really liked "X-Force".

The Dave posted:

I don't know what to do T3-wise. I have 1600 fragments now and I keep on hoarding for the next update and then am completely underwhelmed. Right now my T3s are Cap, Thor, Deadpool, and Sharon. I would do Luna if I had her at 420 and none of the other candidates seem worth it.

All four you named have their values. Sharon and Thor are more energy. Thor is better for modes with lots of enemies like ABX while Sharon can do a poo poo load of damage to a target with her 6. Deadpool and Cap are both big Timeline players. Deadpool's generally considered the better option but Cap's big to counter the big speed characters like Deadpool, IF Spidey, and Quicksilver and for some reason is the best option against IF Thanos. Both are on my main Timeline team with Jean.

I only just got him but I think Mr. Fantastic might be the biggest combat damage option. The only other I have is Spidey and he's very good especially against Timeline blasters like Jean, Wanda, and Stryfe but Deadpool probably beats him out and Quicksilver is a viable option there without T3.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 27, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I really can't bring myself to T3 anyone until I've T2ed everyone. Or at least most of them - paywalls can eat it. Which is a self-defeating prophecy, I realize.

Trouble is, that means all my spare bios will have to go into resource-suckholes like Dormammu (who I only recently unlocked) and the Black Order and Odin.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have more T2s than T1s so I really have everyone worth having. I just kind of casually T2 someone new every week or two when my chaos stones build back up. I also have everyone except Min-nerva, Korath, and Destroyer at 4/20 and 150 bios ready to T2 with the stones.

My resource dilemma is basically weighing T3s vs working people up to 70 vs the native T2s. In recent memory I managed to get Reed T3ed, Marvel to Level 70, Luna to 68, and Doom to 4* but I'm nearly out of BAM and need to pick someone.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Just figured I'd post and say that Buster Highman has 12 open slots. Maxed shop and alliance level.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I took my T3 Mr. Fantastic and Level 70/4/22 Captain Marvel for a spin in Timeline today and went a perfect 20 for 20. Jean Grey in the first round, Deadpool in the second, no picking and choosing matchups. In the second round I stuck Deadpool in the 3rd slot and only needed him twice. Super, super pleased and I think Reed might replace Cap on my primary team. He does massive damage, especially if you get to his 6 skill. I just maybe to stick some defense/recovery URUs on him.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I've been using t3 Reed with Destruction, t3 Sharon and Quicksilver in TL for a couple weeks now, consistent wins and sometimes the other two don't get pulled out at all. Definitely worth the t3.

On a side note, does anyone know how the recommended characters are chosen for each world boss? I've had silk, spider gwen and sharon as my Cull Obsidian recommended team ever since the feature was put in.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Wanted to apply to Buster Higham, IGN cerepol but I'm too new apparently. Do I just gotta rank up more?

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Wanted to apply to Buster Higham, IGN cerepol but I'm too new apparently. Do I just gotta rank up more?

They may have set a shield level requirement. You can apply for Doctor Goons, if you want. We've got plenty of room and no requirement.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How do you increase your coop rewards? I thought it was tied to shame level but mine just went up to 7 and I'm still only getting 6 rewards.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

twistedmentat posted:

How do you increase your coop rewards? I thought it was tied to shame level but mine just went up to 7 and I'm still only getting 6 rewards.

I can't check specifically since I already got all the rewards for the day, but each of the reward squares is tied to a specific VIP level and they don't increase 1-1; I think the top level unlocks at like VIP 20 or something?

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

Cerepol posted:

I don't think we have a SHIELD level requirement at Buster Highman...more likely we didn't see the application. We are very chill over here!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

plainswalker75 posted:

I can't check specifically since I already got all the rewards for the day, but each of the reward squares is tied to a specific VIP level and they don't increase 1-1; I think the top level unlocks at like VIP 20 or something?

Ah, that makes sense. I'll have to look at the same level rewards.

Looks like you can only ever have 6 rewards max available, just what your get is randomized from the 12 possible slots.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 8, 2019

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

twistedmentat posted:

Ah, that makes sense. I'll have to look at the same level rewards.

Looks like you can only ever have 6 rewards max available, just what your get is randomized from the 12 possible slots.

So from memory Co-op reward has 12 reward boxes. (Used to be 10.)
The quality of the rewards is effected by how many 4 star level 40+ characters you have.
The number of reward boxes you earn is effected by your VIP level.
You have to have spent a ridiculous amount of money to get the higher number of boxes.

Also they make it so you can see what's in the boxes you don't get and artificially look like they'd give you more rewards to tempt you to purchase more. They become less generous when actually acquired then they are made appear.

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training
Back on as Labratio77. Who’s got room?

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Doctor Goons. We have plenty of room and our own secret handshake.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
Lol, what the gently caress is this garbage?

quote:

We have good news for Agents who want to use their Gold efficiently. We have a collector Vault event where you can get very rare items for sale.

Event will start on The 3/12 5:00 PM & 3/13 5:00 AM (PDT) l 3/13 12:00 3/13 12:00 AM & PM (UTC + 0)
If you purchase a variety of items within the Vault, you get a chance to obtain Mementos!
Once an Agent collects all 4 Mementos within a Vault, the Agent will receive the special reward!

Only open for an hour and it's limited to 1500 people, wtf

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

plainswalker75 posted:

Lol, what the gently caress is this garbage?

If you read the details it's even stupider. Each of 4 vaults will allow a max of 1500 players in (I assume a new vault spawns once one hits its player limit) and only 1 of those players gets the end prize. So, 1 in 1500 players that are actually able to log on at the appropriate times will actually get the final prize which is a new CTP that is super ridiculous, or a mega ticket of some sort (Rank 6, T2, Uniform). Although I guess the mats you can buy at 50k are a pretty good deal at least.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's kind of dumb but I guess its just "the first X customers will get a special gift" so whatever.

Either I'll get my bobblehead or I'll complain about not getting my bobblehead for a minute and then move on.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Does Victorius require a lot of gearing up to be a tier above Ronan with the new costume? The only reason I would think so is because of her reliance on high HP.

I need to use my T2 on a Universal and those are my two best options. I have 1 more useable (top tier or just below) Combat characters than Universal so I'm looking at Universals, but I could also use it on Minn-Erva if she goes harder than Ronan and Victorius

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Does Victorius require a lot of gearing up to be a tier above Ronan with the new costume? The only reason I would think so is because of her reliance on high HP.

I need to use my T2 on a Universal and those are my two best options. I have 1 more useable (top tier or just below) Combat characters than Universal so I'm looking at Universals, but I could also use it on Minn-Erva if she goes harder than Ronan and Victorius

My Victorious is pretty good with just I am also groot and a generic +hp custom gear. She's aced every shadowlands I've put her in from 0s to 20s. I just got Ronan to T2 with his uniform and he did okay in the one mid teens shadowlands I put him in. I'll try one of them in the next universal villain ABX I get but I have Thanos to do that mindlessly most days. Minn-Erva also does well in combat villain female and any relevant SL level. I'd say pick your favorite style wise and you can't go wrong.

For contrast I just got Korath to T2 and with hawks eye and a guard break/140% damage proc/immune to web gear he really struggled with both an SL level and in hitting 100k in ABX. I usually use Ghost who does speed villain in a bit less time while staying near full health whereas he finished up at 10% hp and I had to dodge red circles more than usual for the last bit.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Hair Elf
I'm insanely here for JohnJames Proudstar :swoon:

Edit: I've read too much Exiles.

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 15, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Pretty sure that's James Proudstar, John's little brother. The Thunderbird who didn't croak right away.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Thunderbird is the dead New X-Man and Warpath is the emo X-Force one?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

drat, trying to get us to use up all our stockpiled mutant mats before they drop T3 Jean on us in a couple months.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd be shocked if we get a Dark Phoenix update. It's the dying last release of Fox before the mutants move to the MCU. Marvel wants it ignored.

Besides, I basically have to sell off all my Phoenix feathers every 2 days anyway or convert them in the lab. I'm not that worried.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Phoenix Feathers are the shittiest currency because the max ceiling is so low but the amount that are used any time you need them is astronomical

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I'd be shocked if we get a Dark Phoenix update. It's the dying last release of Fox before the mutants move to the MCU. Marvel wants it ignored.

Besides, I basically have to sell off all my Phoenix feathers every 2 days anyway or convert them in the lab. I'm not that worried.

I still have a few mutants to get to 70 so I send my feathers that way so far. I don't see them doing a full Dark Phoenix update, though I guess they could add Mystique, Prof X, Jessica Chastain, and do costumes for anyone of them they want to. But with a huge Endgame/anniversary month and then Far From Home around the corner I guess you are probably right. Plus they may not want to power creep Jean anymore, she's still arguably the best char at T2 60.

I wish they'd add T3 mats to the converter. I guess I'm going to have to quit being lazy and start doing higher difficulties again. I finally started killing UWB Thanos regularly and might be able to do it with 2 teams once I get Captain Marvel to T3.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm actually sitting on 2400 fragments right now because I don't like any of my T3 options. Hoping this X Force update adds a good one.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

I wish they'd add T3 mats to the converter. I guess I'm going to have to quit being lazy and start doing higher difficulties again. I finally started killing UWB Thanos regularly and might be able to do it with 2 teams once I get Captain Marvel to T3.

I still haven't beaten that rear end in a top hat, but I also don't have anybody at T3. After I finally get Apocalypse to 60 (he's at 59), maybe I'll focus on that instead of worrying about Dormammu, Odin and the Black Order, the highest of which is Maw at 3 stars (I do have Corvus at 60, though).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

UWB Thanos is totally not worth fighting. I got past him at 2 after a LOT of effort and said "gently caress it." I skip him the same way I skip Supergiant on her days. I just play everyone else at UWB 1 if I'm lazy or as high as I can go if I feel like a fight. I T3ed Reed a few weeks back so I've been focusing on Proxima to get the Combat Books. I'm T3ing Danvers next probably so then I'll focus on Ebony to reload on Universal Books.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if you get your raid level high enough hes dead easy at level 1

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It just doesn't seem worth it since he doesn't seem to pay out more. And most you're going for the daily bonus stuff. I just don't feel like its worth the hassle on those days.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

punchymcpunch posted:

if you get your raid level high enough hes dead easy at level 1

My level is 110+ and I've still not managed to get him, although I get pretty close. Who's the best to use against him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

My level is 110+ and I've still not managed to get him, although I get pretty close. Who's the best to use against him?

iirc you probably want 200 or so, im at 300ish and anything below 10 is fairly easy, but 16 is too hard for me.

its best to use a damage leader and 2 dps because it's really easy to lose one (or two) characters to his bullshit attacks. eventually you get to the point where after each of his phases you do enough damage with one attack to get him to the next one, and at this point he's really easy.

good characters to use are anyone with two lives like jean, dormammu, or doom, anyone with a good heal permanent heal like deadpool, and anyone with really good damage like wanda.

what you do is just nuke him down until he does a mini cut scene, dodge the scripted move he does after it, and nuke him again. the really tricky part is when he does his no warning instant kill attacks in the final couple of phases, plan to lose at least one and maybe two characters to them.