Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

If you ever saw that bit in monty python and the meaning of life where they sing the sperm song and there's the two big rows of houses with identical yards backing onto an alley? That's a really standard house design. If you knock two together you get a normal size house.
This is my house, right down to the brick shithouse. Which is no longer a shithouse.

Well, it is, but that's because there's a bunch of poo poo in it and the door's hosed up, not because of function.

:cthulhu: nice

e: 113 years ago they'd just finished building a ton of houses like that around every little pit and mill town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Obliterati posted:

Cnut ruled out the rising of the tide, but then he just stood still on the beach and surprise surprise
Right, but the tide hadn't told cnut multiple times that he could withdraw from the beach at any time.

I mean if no deal is on the cards by default then what's even the point of having the second vote?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

AceOfFlames posted:

Why not do what I do and say "Fucks like Romney are heartless demons in human form and there should be a Hell just for them to suffer for all eternity?" Mocking their diet or appearance just sounds like something you could easily map to someone far less deserving if the impulse strikes.

If this is genuinely a compulsion you feel then either a) learn how to sincerely apologise, and do so once you've cooled off, or b) maybe seek anger management therapy because why are you randomly punching down?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Mr.Tophat posted:

I trust Mr Wimpy because he's the executioner. You know where he stands when you're on the block.

Finish me at one blow. You hath mauled others before.

Gort posted:

It ain't happening, it's all just bluffs.

I know. Just makes things more bearable.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean if no deal is on the cards by default then what's even the point of having the second vote?

Same reason veneers are white

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

seizure later posted:

idk why you're concerned about hurting Mitt Romney's feelings. I can assure you, he doesn't have any

I don't care about him, I care about how people who mock and judge those "deserving" can easily start doing it to others less deserving. It's one of those hardwired human behaviors we should be trying our hardest to transcend.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

Your honour, on the contrary, this is not a cruel and unusual punishment. This is known as trial by combat. Now hand me my laminated menu, I have the right of it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I wonder how I'd feel if Theresa May's incompetence ended up meaning that Brexit got cancelled.

Maybe two wrongs do make a right sometimes.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
If May ragequits tonight do the votes for tomorrow and Thursday still stand or does government business halt? Off the top of my head they should still go ahead because the Leader of the Commons has already scheduled them in but there could still be delaying skullduggery. I don't think there was any parliamentary business scheduled when Cameron cried off?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

I don't care about him, I care about how people who mock and judge those "deserving" can easily start doing it to others less deserving. It's one of those hardwired human behaviors we should be trying our hardest to transcend.

Your handwringing is less helpful to those who suffer at the hands of Romney than caustic jokes.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

If this is genuinely a compulsion you feel then either a) learn how to sincerely apologise, and do so once you've cooled off, or b) maybe seek anger management therapy because why are you randomly punching down?

I'm not angry, just genuinely asking.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

brian posted:

do you think twitter will take into account this information or will they just ignore you and leave you banned?

They're ignoring it and leaving it banned, I already got a cut and paste reply back.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pesky Splinter posted:

Read that as "the hamburger came. the greatest game under the bum" at first and wondered what kind of bean blasting games you'd been playing.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

please rest assured that my ire for mocking someone's physical appearance or personal idiosyncrasies is only ever aimed at those most deserving, i.e. centrists and nazis

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

A friend of mine told me to play this quietly behind the house of commons. It's improved my experience immensely and I recommend you follow suit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

AceOfFlames posted:

LOL yes, mocking people in power leads to mocking the weak and downtrodden.

This is the thread that routinely calls for guillotine action for the rich and powerful. It may just not be for you.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Gonzo McFee posted:

They're ignoring it and leaving it banned, I already got a cut and paste reply back.

well that makes sense, sorry for ur account loss, it died a martyr

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm actually laughing I will have you know

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Listen, it's twenty quid for a tab, now pay up or get out of my living room

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Rarity posted:

You loving monster

gently caress's sake I can't believe I'm agreeing with Rarity about food but here we are, at the end of days.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Nationalise Monster Munch imo

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Afro beats works really well, thank you, a lot better than the many styles i tried before. I was listening to the electronic version of funeral march for queen mary but it was too depressing and taiko drums work well too but aren't exactly the right speed.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Right, but the tide hadn't told cnut multiple times that he could withdraw from the beach at any time.

At most, it's indicatory - i.e. X% of MPs don't want No Deal, even if they can't form a majority for what to do instead - at least it gives MPs something to cover their arses with when the blame starts getting passed around. Equally you might want a managed exit but also think an extension/second ref carries the unacceptable risk of Brexit being called off entirely.

Also, it's partly based off the idea of 'indicative votes' some Tory Remainers were pushing - the idea being that Parliament, at this stage, doesn't actually know what, if anything, might win a majority vote, so maybe they should at least do a show of hands on the most likely options.

Alternative metaphor: voting 'to rule out No Deal' is Hitler in his bunker giving orders to divisions that don't exist to perform tasks that are impossible

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

E: *zot*, could be taken the wrong way.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 12, 2019

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Absolutely phenomenal, good work.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

brian posted:

well that makes sense, sorry for ur account loss, it died a martyr

I died doing what I loved, calling Glinner a oval office and using racial slurs against the Crackers.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jedit posted:

Best beer.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Jam man's house - it's the one with the blue door as far as I've been able to ascertain.

Boy chimney sweeps: when I were a lass back in the 60s I remember seeing a couple of times a show that gave me nightmares about a boy sweep climbing a chimney and getting stuck and suffocating to death. I can still see that lad's face now. I think it was from Merry Go Round, a schools' tv programme which was aimed at primary school kids.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

LOL yes, mocking people in power leads to mocking the weak and downtrodden.

This is the thread that routinely calls for guillotine action for the rich and powerful. It may just not be for you.

Guillotine action for monsters I am fine with. Pointing and laughing for being different I am not. I understand that it might just be me though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Taking yogurt the wrong way, you say?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

Guillotine action for monsters I am fine with. Pointing and laughing for being different I am not. I understand that it might just be me though.

but is not monstrosity merely a difference?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Literally all of parliament: your deal will fail, you must resign, in the name of god go
TMay: so what you’re saying is that I should stay on and try again in another couple of weeks
https://mobile.twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1105502029877776385

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sky News man in Belfast just had his umbrella invert on him. Looks miserable.

AceOfFlames posted:

So you're okay killing them but not okay mocking them lightly? That's an odd set of priorities but you do you.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Pesky Splinter posted:

I know. Just makes things more bearable.

This reminded me of the time when my friends and I went to Bangface weekender in 08 and 09 with a Mr Wimpy costume. It was loving hot to dance in let me tell you.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

but is not monstrosity merely a difference?

I used to pity psychopaths because they were not aware that they were hurting others. But after seeing how there are so many making the world worse, I have a hard time even thinking of them as sentient. For if you cannot feel empathy for fellow humans and you spend your every waking hour merely mimicking acceptable behavior to fuel your base urges then can you truly call yourself human?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Sky News man in Belfast just had his umbrella invert on him. Looks miserable.

Yeah it's very stormy. The dread storm Gareth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Apraxin posted:

Literally all of parliament: your deal will fail, you must resign, in the name of god go
TMay: so what you’re saying is that I should stay on and try again in another couple of weeks
https://mobile.twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1105502029877776385

gently caress

No, really. Just straight up saying she's more interested in avoiding another embarrassing defeat than doing anything in the interests of the broader country.

loving useless, incompetent, selfish shite, so far out of her depth.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm not angry, just genuinely asking.

You're positing a really weird slippery slope where pointing and laughing at Mitt's robotic manner might lead me to start mocking all awkward people, somehow.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

I used to pity psychopaths because they were not aware that they were hurting others. But after seeing how there are so many making the world worse, I have a hard time even thinking of them as sentient. For if you cannot feel empathy for fellow humans and you spend your every waking hour merely mimicking acceptable behavior to fuel your base urges then can you truly call yourself human?
Sociopaths.

The world is run by sociopaths, not psychopaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

No, you call youself a Tory.