Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I can't imagine being so broken that I enjoyed engaging with brands on Twitter. When steak-umms pretended to be a depressed millennial a lot of people were replying with poo poo like "thanks, I needed to hear this today". I have been homeless and desperate before but if I ever start looking to brands for hope I will absolutely blow my brains out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Now THIS is #woke branding

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Who the gently caress are you? I can smell the gamergate from here

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

I can't imagine being so broken that I enjoyed engaging with brands on Twitter. When steak-umms pretended to be a depressed millennial a lot of people were replying with poo poo like "thanks, I needed to hear this today". I have been homeless and desperate before but if I ever start looking to brands for hope I will absolutely blow my brains out.

The only thing I've liked is when Wendy's tried to insult steak ums and got roasted.

Just that one time a year or two ago.

COMRADES has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Mar 8, 2019

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I really enjoy seeing this in tweet replies these days

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

COMRADES posted:

The only thing I've liked is when Wendy's tried to insult steak ums and got roasted.

Just that one time a year or two ago.

what about the time steakums roasted lowtax

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Shear Modulus posted:

what about the time steakums roasted lowtax

Please share

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/steak_umm/status/929054982330109953

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Okay two things now

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

how long until a brand posts a Dear Richard letter as a twitter thread

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Can't wait til a brand kills themselves and it turns into a moment about mental health awareness.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

God drat

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
no...not like this

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

happy international women's day

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

happy international women's day

Im not upset with this one, women historically have gotten poo poo on in the restaurant industry

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I checked and they also have write-ups and stuff of all the restaurants theyre featuring, so its a lot more respectful than some random coffee company saying "we LOVE broads, type AWOOGA into the coupon code for a discount"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Control Volume posted:

I checked and they also have write-ups and stuff of all the restaurants theyre featuring, so its a lot more respectful than some random coffee company saying "we LOVE broads, type AWOOGA into the coupon code for a discount"
yeah that does sound better. woke advertising makes me a bitter cynic

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
"This women's day we're sending you back to the kitchen with these great deals on cooking appliances."

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Can't wait til a brand kills themselves and it turns into a moment about mental health awareness.

Sunny D was halfway there

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Munchables posted:

Sunny D was halfway there

no what happened there is that they were ragging on the super bowl for being bad and different brand interpreted that as them needing help. it's even stupider

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

fractions my dude

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Control Volume posted:

Coupon code gams

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i've said it before and i'll say it again: discworld is the only fantasy series where magic is treated in a realistic way (i.e. the state pays the wizards to kindly not do any magic)

Alternatively, the Craft Sequence books:

Mage lawyers wrecking half the planet in a war with the gods, winning, and becoming immortal capitalist liches running wizard starbucks.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Thinking of it as interacting "with the brand" is conceding more than we should. People on Twitter interact with social media personnel posting on the brand's account.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm gonna blow a blood vessel in my loving brain

https://twitter.com/NATO/status/1103959959270842368?s=19

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Liberals: "The Klan needs more woman grand wizards!"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grimoire posted:

Alternatively, the Craft Sequence books:

Mage lawyers wrecking half the planet in a war with the gods, winning, and becoming immortal capitalist liches running wizard starbucks.

Are these actually good bc they sound interesting but the authors website is the most irritatingly written thing I've ever seen

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

super sweet best pal posted:

Liberals: "The Klan needs more woc grand wizards!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Deltora Quest is cool. Also strangely popular in Japan to the point they made an anime of it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Are these actually good bc they sound interesting but the authors website is the most irritatingly written thing I've ever seen
They are good - well, BotL thinks they're trash, hopefully that's a point in their favor for you - but at least I think they're good and the TBB consensus on them is that they're pretty good.

I mean, not perfect. But he picks his premise and rolls with it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
happy MAR10 day

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lowtax feuding with a d-list food brand is the perfect summation of his life

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
lol steak-umms still has a Twitter.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They are good - well, BotL thinks they're trash, hopefully that's a point in their favor for you - but at least I think they're good and the TBB consensus on them is that they're pretty good.

I mean, not perfect. But he picks his premise and rolls with it.

I read a chapter of the first one and it's not bad. It's definitely on the pile for when I finally finish Deadhouse Gates

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
SA is now also a woke brand!

https://twitter.com/awfuloffice

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

:ohno:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
This Rich Kyanka guy sounds kind of unhinged!!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lowtax is absolutely right when it comes to twitter's lack of consistency in banning people because of their lack of guidelines. why is he so desperate to be an important figure there?

it's hilarious that slowbeef is verified and lowtax is ban-on-sight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/cliobablio/status/1105669560185704448