Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Just Offscreen posted:

I dont need a reason

You seem like the kind of person that constantly needs to be fed reasons to like pet dogs or whatever in order to remain sociable/housebroken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I would use the power of having been vaccinated against measles to be beatified as a saint for soothing those who were sick with measles

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

vyelkin posted:

I would use the power of having been vaccinated against measles to be beatified as a saint for soothing those who were sick with measles

Gotta be careful with that. How do you know the measles back then wasn't resistant to your modern vaccination? Evolution can be a bitch.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I mean, people in the past weren't drooling morons.

gently caress it, go back to 200 BC. People already know the world is round and it's approximate circumference, that magnetism is a thing even if they don't call it that (naturally occurring magnetite attracting iron), etc...

Introduce the compass for navigation 1200 years early and become famous. Easy, because it already exists in China they just don't know it can be applied to navigation yet.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zzulu posted:

The moment one of you teleported to 400BC you'd probably be captured and sold into buttsex slavery almost immediately

*Three Olives begins building a time machine immediately*

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

gently caress it, go back to 200 BC. People already know the world is round and it's approximate circumference, that magnetism is a thing even if they don't call it that (naturally occurring magnetite attracting iron), etc...

Introduce the compass for navigation 1200 years early and become famous. Easy, because it already exists in China they just don't know it can be applied to navigation yet.

A major snag is assuming that a culture without a compass can't do that kind of navigation. For the Chinese there just wasn't much need; they were mostly terrestrial and didn't find much reason to go out to sea all that much.

If you want to talk about a culture like, say, the Polynesians there used to be people arguing that some archaeological finds couldn't possibly have had any relation to them because they were just too far away from where the Polynesians originated. They didn't have ships big enough, never invented the compass or the sextant, and just didn't have all the sailing innovations that led to Europeans taking to the deep ocean. Then later somebody actually bothered to ask current Polynesians about it and look closer and it turned out that the reasons they didn't invent those things was because they didn't need them. Turns out they're just really, really loving good at the ocean and figured out other ways to get around it.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
TBH I'd go back in time just so there was nobody bothering me about god drat spreadsheets, and no nerds arguing about dumb nerd poo poo.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Brewmaster posted:

TBH I'd go back in time just so there was nobody bothering me about god drat spreadsheets, and no nerds arguing about dumb nerd poo poo.

Tbh the "anyone else" should be "anything else"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

And while they didn’t really understand germs they understood the necessity of keeping wounds clean and that dirt in the wound would cause infections. William The Black was known to have his archers dip their arrow heads in dirt and poo poo before battle for that very reason.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

William The Black was known to have his archers dip their arrow heads in dirt and poo poo before battle for that very reason.

More like William the Brown am I right?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

My mom is going to find this so lit I'm genuinely excited to send it to her.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Harvey Mantaco posted:

My mom is going to find this so lit I'm genuinely excited to send it to her.

How the gently caress does one share Imgurs on Facebook without Facebook cropping the picture in completely hosed-up ways?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Brewmaster posted:

I imagine Zeuses dick already up to some weird poo poo in that photo and cropped out of the frame for a reason.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Did Zeus ever bugger himself btw? Maybe that's what's going on

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Did Zeus ever bugger himself btw? Maybe that's what's going on

Haha does anyone have an amphora depicting Zeus buggering himself haha? I wonder what his face would look like haha.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

this fills me with joy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

If people with crazy-sounding ideas had been summarily executed for being crazy in the past, we literally wouldn't have religions.

The religions don't want the competition. First crazy person invented God, then they began summarily executing other crazy people.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Zeus-as-bull buggering himself-as-platypus, work in silly putty, by me, just now.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I uh. Didn't actually mean to make that. I was making something else, and then. Well. I'm not very good at this am i.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

i made a little pig out of an eraser and some pushpins

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Karate Bastard posted:

I uh. Didn't actually mean to make that. I was making something else, and then. Well. I'm not very good at this am i.

Welcome to Rimworld

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:five:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

reported

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

Welcome to Rimworld

???

?

:confused:

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Azhais posted:

Welcome to Rimworld

Please tell me this is a reference to the game because I love that game and I need Rimworld memes even more than I need darkest dungeon memes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/NeokingStreams/status/1085033171568287745

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1105559845237723136

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Brewmaster posted:

Sounds like you've never heard of Socrates.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Osmosisch posted:

Sounds like you've never heard of Socrates.

Socrates (as described by Plato at least) mostly clowned on people that claimed they knew poo poo they didn't know, so don't go acting like a genius from the future talking about all this science poo poo that you can't reproduce or properly explain and you'll be fine

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

:bisonyes:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Socrates (as described by Plato at least) mostly clowned on people that claimed they knew poo poo they didn't know, so don't go acting like a genius from the future talking about all this science poo poo that you can't reproduce or properly explain and you'll be fine

All we are, is dust, in the wind. And every rose, has it's thorns.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Somebody explain the dowdy british lady meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008