Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

HELL YEAH I NEED TO SEE THIS ON THE SILVER SCREEN:shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hipsters all look the same, man inadvertently confirms

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Paywall

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Outline.com is your friend

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

'Moosarandum of understanding' settles dispute between Canada and Norway

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Florida manwomen!

Police: Sisters committed 'the perfect murder,' confessed to man they were both dating

quote:

Four years after their 85-year-old ailing father died, his two daughters are accused of killing him in his Florida home.

It was the “perfect murder” until the scheme came unraveled when Mary-Beth Tomaselli, 63, and Linda Roberts, 61, became romantically involved with the same man, Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told news outlets on Tuesday. The sisters have been charged with first-degree murder.

Advertisement
The sheriff said the man, whose identity wasn’t made public, contacted investigators in February, saying a woman he was dating confessed that she and her sister killed their father. He explained that he met Tomaselli at a bar in August. Sometime later, she introduced him to her sister, Roberts, and he became involved with her as well.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The content's 'not available in my region', but that's a special kind of evil to kill your own father

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

There's absolutely a Florida man in this story though? He's just not the bad guy for once

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/sbsnews/status/1104162379703689222?s=21

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Phlegmish posted:

The content's 'not available in my region', but that's a special kind of evil to kill your own father

the article makes things sound... rather different.

apparently he was in really poor health, it was either death or a nursing home, and he actively wanted the former over the latter. it's really the sort of thing we should have legally available euthanasia for.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AP_Oddities/status/1104470431329861632

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Please don't dox me AP. If you do please at least have the decency to mention I was naked.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

I wanna see what other articles are filed to SNAKE TRAIN TO SEX TOWN

e: also that would be a pro forums name

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

When mating season hits, toads will apparently latch on to pretty much anything.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

When mating season hits, toads will apparently latch on to pretty much anything.

:same:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Republican congressman rushes to defend Nickelback after Democrat jokes about band's fans

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

To me, the most offensive part is calling Nickelback a '90s band at all. I guess they probably technically started in the '90s, but they really aren't "a '90s band", let alone one of the greatest.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

NHS warned of acupuncture needles piercing lungs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sir Lemming posted:

To me, the most offensive part is calling Nickelback a '90s band at all. I guess they probably technically started in the '90s, but they really aren't "a '90s band", let alone one of the greatest.

He was probably thinking of Creed.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

He was probably thinking of Creed.

I just realized that I have been conflating these two bands for a long, long time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I might prefer nickleback to creed

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Creed, Nickelback, and Coldplay have collapsed into a popular rock music singularity in my mind. The only identifying piece of Coldplay I can hang onto is "not from US" and being the last band standing in popularity they've come up more often but I usually end up talking about them like they are a Canadian Christian-crossover rock band.

E. I actually read the link and he tweeted a look at this photograph meme, I'm dead now

https://twitter.com/repmarkpocan/status/1103760502780542977

zedprime has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Mar 11, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

zedprime posted:

Creed, Nickelback, and Coldplay have collapsed into a popular rock music singularity in my mind.

You missed Foo Fighters.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

That guys obituary is gonna mention the cat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's even got an M on its forehead. Total nemesis move.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

jojoinnit posted:

That guys obituary is gonna mention the cat

He didn't die, but he lost his position in a landslide vote.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Ironically, Mainly over the library cat scandal (he went outside the system to have the cat “fired” by getting it euthanised by unpaid interns)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

zedprime posted:

Creed, Nickelback, and Coldplay have collapsed into a popular rock music singularity in my mind. The only identifying piece of Coldplay I can hang onto is "not from US" and being the last band standing in popularity they've come up more often but I usually end up talking about them like they are a Canadian Christian-crossover rock band.

E. I actually read the link and he tweeted a look at this photograph meme, I'm dead now

https://twitter.com/repmarkpocan/status/1103760502780542977

Cold Creedback

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

Ironically, Mainly over the library cat scandal (he went outside the system to have the cat “fired” by getting it euthanised by unpaid interns)

What the gently caress

I was laughing at first, but this guy actually is evil.

e: tell me who it is so I can send him negative thought waves

jobson groeth posted:

You missed Foo Fighters.

None of those are really all that similar to each other, I'd blame it on goons being old as hell but come to think of it, so are those bands.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

What? I can't find any information supporting this. All I can find was guy managed to sneak in a "get rid of cat" vote, Internet went nuts, cat was allowed to stay, guy loses his next election specifically because of the cat issue.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah I meant decades from now or whenever

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That sounds like the plot of a bad family comedy movie.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Phlegmish posted:

None of those are really all that similar to each other, I'd blame it on goons being old as hell but come to think of it, so are those bands.

I was thinking the same thing but I figured maybe I'm too old/white to be objective about this. It's probably like how "all rap music sounds the same".

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Proteus Jones posted:

What? I can't find any information supporting this. All I can find was guy managed to sneak in a "get rid of cat" vote, Internet went nuts, cat was allowed to stay, guy loses his next election specifically because of the cat issue.

Actually, it's the other way around: the cat had him euthanized.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sir Lemming posted:

I was thinking the same thing but I figured maybe I'm too old/white to be objective about this. It's probably like how "all rap music sounds the same".

I can only assume they've never actually heard a song by these well-known twenty-year-old bands, which is a level of outoftouchness I can only respect and admire as a fellow goon

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

All those bands loving suck so they are alike in that respect

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'll occasionally look at this photograph with arms wide open and be like actually yeah, they're different aren't they. Then it goes right back to being the same in my head. I can't even explain the Coldplay part, the other two are from similar rock molds but Coldplay is different but apparently not enough for it not to be completely wiped out by the Cold Creedback construct in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1105552424075436035?s=20