Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1105500234145296384

I never knew how much I needed Norman Osborne (I'm guessing) in a leisure suit before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Random Stranger posted:

Really? REALLY?!

It just hit me that Joystick was in the Thunderbolts. She is probably the most forgettable member ever except for that one woman whose power was control over clothes.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Smart Hulk ruled, unironically.
He's smart again in Immortal Hulk, which everyone ought to be reading anyway.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Endless Mike posted:

Avengers: No Road Home currently has Vision in Nightmare's realm, so it's kinda being done right now?

Oh cool. Is there currently a book where Kang goes after the X-Men for loving with time so much?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Oh cool. Is there currently a book where Kang goes after the X-Men for loving with time so much?

The Exiles series that ended had Evil Watchers going after the Exiles for loving with time too much.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

I never knew how much I needed Norman Osborne (I'm guessing) in a leisure suit before.

Pretty sure that's Harry, he used to basically dress like that.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1105500234145296384

Man, I really like this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Anything involving Chip Zdarsky is good. Looking forward to reading the trade of this series once it's done.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Pretty sure that's Harry, he used to basically dress like that.

He looks too old to be Harry, assuming they're going in real time, a 15 year old Parker in 1963 means he's barely in 30's by the end of the 70's.

brianerickson
Dec 11, 2010

The Lone Locust of the Apocalypse

Anything involving Chip Zdarsky is good. Looking forward to reading the trade of this series once it's done.

Chip has been the best thing to happen to Marvel in ages; his Howard the Duck book was a ton of fun, but I don't think I expected his Spider-Man stuff to be that wonderful

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So with lowtax 60 grand in the hole and getting deeper is there a slack I should join when sa inevitably dies or does one need to be made

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884184&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post493257410

site fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 12, 2019

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

CapnAndy posted:

I'm really enjoying Spencer's Spider-run, but I freely admit that anyone willing to roll their eyes at Brand New Day's bullshit and have Peter and MJ just have a quick "wait, why the gently caress aren't we together? This dancing around each other is dumb as poo poo and we both know how it's gonna end up" conversation wins a ton of good will from me, and he did that as, like, the literal first thing.

Agreed.

I'm not so thrilled about this Kraven story, but maybe it'll end up not taking a great steaming whiz over what Unbeatable Squirrel Girl has done with the character.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd probably join the Resetera comics ppl if BSS folded.
I tried before, but the place won't accept a gmail address.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well i made one anyways since in in a couple other slacks and have it open all the time anyways so if anyone wants to chat in real time it's https://batmansshamefulslack.slack.com

site fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 13, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's not many of us here comparatively to some other forums but I'd hate to lose this community and have to start over on some other site with a bunch of weirdo strangers. I have some resources at my disposal so I might work on something for us if it gets to that kind of point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

So with lowtax 60 grand in the hole and getting deeper is there a slack I should join when sa inevitably dies or does one need to be made

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884184&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post493257410

The hell is slack.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cant believe you haven't heard of it, it's pretty common nowadays, it's uhh a group chat system like discord but I find it better cuz it has less crap and it lets you have unlimited emojis without paying and stuff and I don't need voice chat like ever, that and like I said I'm used to it cuz I'm already in other groups on it so I'm more fluent with it tbh

Vvv
We use it at work but also im in two non business groups with it

site fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 13, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's something we use extensively at work. I thought mostly it was a business platform.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean goons are going all out on the donations and patron so I don’t think Lowrax can afford to close SA at this point

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I loving hate chat rooms. If sa folds, I honestly think I'll be done with the internet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean goons are going all out on the donations and patron so I don’t think Lowrax can afford to close SA at this point

i'd worry less if revenue for the site itself wasn't in the tank, he wasnt massively in debt, planning on going further, and already has a history of questionable life and financial decisions lol

Soonmot posted:

I loving hate chat rooms. If sa folds, I honestly think I'll be done with the internet.

i expect it will stay empty, but last the time i made one on a whim it stayed empty for months until suddenly there was a need and now its been running for like a year and half with a steady ~25 people so you never know

site fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 13, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

site posted:

i'd worry less if revenue for the site itself wasn't in the tank, he wasnt massively in debt, planning on going further, and already has a history of questionable life and financial decisions lol

I mean that’s fair

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I'm not trying to discourage people giving, but it might not matter anymore given the scope of bills and the dwindling forum population. Give what you can since Lowtax has kept this place running far longer than it should have survived and he is in desperate need of financial support even if the doors can't stay open.

Soonmot posted:

I'm pretty dubious of finding another good nerd community myself when SA closes. I mean what am I going to do, go to reddit? Twitter?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wasn't there a Discord server for BSS?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Random Stranger posted:

I'm pretty dubious of finding another good nerd community myself when SA closes. I mean what am I going to do, go to reddit? Twitter?

yeah id be pretty bummed if this sub's community broke up i like yall, thats why i'd feel better having some kinda backup in place in case one day i try to log on and i get a 404 cuz lowtax couldnt pay the bill

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

site posted:

Well i made one anyways since in in a couple other slacks and have it open all the time anyways so if anyone wants to chat in real time it's https://batmansshamefulslack.slack.com

It says I need to contact you to get an invite so I can register

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I started a BSS Facebook group likeb2 years ago but never added anyone beyond BigBadVoodooLou and also FB sucks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

The hell is slack.

It's IRC but uses 10x the system resources because it was coded by clowns

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

It says I need to contact you to get an invite so I can register

my bad try this (i hope this is right lol)

https://join.slack.com/t/batmanssha...ZTM5NjFjYTQxYWU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

Cool. Another chat app i can download and forget to use.

Thanks site!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

site posted:

I have joined comrade.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

Thanks site!

Its just in case!!!!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Slack is the mIRC that people use at work and Discord is the mIRC that people use at home

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Look i like you guys but im not paying to have more than 30 emojis or whatever the limit is

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Thanks site!

:yeah:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

Look i like you guys but im not paying to have more than 30 emojis or whatever the limit is

Lmao if you dont charge $15 if someone wants and emoji

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

As long as the 30 emojis are Red Hood giving different expressions.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
d_t log off fansubs account

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

Random Stranger posted:

God I hate the 90s

What a difference 20 years make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

It's IRC but uses 10x the system resources because it was coded by clowns

Oh like msn messenger.