Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

Jackson needs 2861 yards to become the Eagles career leader. That might be overly optimistic at this point but it's within reach again.

So he'd need to average over 950 yards per year over his age 33, 34, and 35 seasons. His last 900-yd season was 2016. It's not impossible but it's really unlikely. He'd have to be consistently healthy, unlike what he has been over the last 7 years, and continue to be one of the fastest players in the NFL while also being one of the oldest players. At this point, it's not worth looking that far ahead. I'm just hoping he can be productive in 2019 for something like 12-14 regular season games and the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

rujasu posted:

So he'd need to average over 950 yards per year over his age 33, 34, and 35 seasons. His last 900-yd season was 2016. It's not impossible but it's really unlikely. He'd have to be consistently healthy, unlike what he has been over the last 7 years, and continue to be one of the fastest players in the NFL while also being one of the oldest players. At this point, it's not worth looking that far ahead. I'm just hoping he can be productive in 2019 for something like 12-14 regular season games and the playoffs.

Just open up every game with a 70yd bomb to Jackson for a TD:

Thats 1120yds per season. So would need 2 1/2 seasons to do it. EZ

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1105619046811213824?s=19

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
lol giants

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
HOW THE gently caress CAN YOU TRADE AWAY YOUR GENERATIONAL loving RECEIVER? gently caress YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wait what. That's not @AdarnSchefter.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gently caress

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gently caress

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gently caress

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
gently caress

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

OBJ to Cleveland for 1st and 3rd this year.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
:)

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
HOW DOES NOBODY UNDERSTAND THAT O'DELL BECKHAM IS THE BEST loving CASE SCENARIO FOR A PICK. WHY WOULD YOU TRADE A PICK YOU LANDED ON FOR A PICK YOU MIGHT LAND ON. YOU TAKE THE loving GUAR

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
If the Giants wanna punt on the division for the next five years I’m down with that :lol:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
We will give a 1st for Saqoun if you're just giving him away.

Giants are GUTTED. OBJ. Collins. Vernon. LOL

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
lol Giants but I'm kind of excited for Baker2Beckham now

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Hooray for DJax, lol the Giants, RIP these dead gay forums

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GIANTS ARE SO hosed

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Giants tearing it down and going for a rebuild...after wasting the #1 overall pick on a running back in a vain attempt to Win Now.

What a difference a year makes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Giants tearing it down and going for a rebuild...after wasting the #1 overall pick on a running back in a vain attempt to Win Now.

Vengarr posted:

wasting the #1 overall pick on a running back in a vain attempt to Win Now.

Vengarr posted:

Giants attempt to Win Now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The NFC East: We didn't sign Odell to trade him

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Vengarr posted:

What a difference a year makes.

Literally none of this makes any sense from any angle. The team is a disaster on defense so you let your best defensive player leave citing cap problems... and then you make a trade that wrecks your cap. You trade your best defensive lineman for an OL to theoretically shore up a weakness on offense.... ok, going all in on the offense, the only thing that worked last year? NOPE trade the best WR. It's not even going to let them plug any holes in the team because they got a fairly weak return and now WR is also a position of need.
So what's the plan here? Draft a QB right after you shipped out his best possible weapon? Keep Eli around for 2 more years and try to run Saquon 50 times a game? You can't do 70s ground and pound on a team with a bad defense, and you can't make the defense better by sending out the two best defensive players in the building. None of the timelines of the players we've added match, and the cap is a complete mess now.

The worst part about this trade is that it makes all the terrible giants fans who never shut up about "class" happy.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I mean yes, the obvious answer is that the giants are tanking next year for the year after that when they'll have cap room again. But they didn't have to ship out OBJ to do that, and now they need to draft another receiver... so what did they even bother for? To get worse on purpose I guess?

"Trust the process" :suicide:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As much as I can give it crap, I actually feel a little bad for Giants fans.

Like, I feel like this is completely a "I Quit My Team" kind of move from a fan standpoint.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The only thing that gives me hope is that both of these trades were with The Browns

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
We already have one generational talent. Why would we want two? We don't need all that and a defense. HOGTGGGGG MOLLLLEYS

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
As a fan, the only thing I love more than iconic super stars, is draft assets.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
easy to be a fan of the potential of this roster. What could it be?

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 13, 2019

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I mean, Odell is getting pretty old, too. Better to sell a year too early than a year too late!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
david gettleman has SYPHOLIS

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
"a lot of people are upset about the Beckham trade. But it's very simple. People don't understand that when you create colossal loving holes on one side of the football, sometimes the only way to try to pretend the giant stinky mess you made is gently caress I am too depressed to finish this post you know where in going with this gettleman sucks poo poo I'm loving GAY and I'm glad O'Dell is gone!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

89 posted:

Like, I feel like this is completely a "I Quit My Team" kind of move from a fan standpoint.

yep, im right there

schmug
May 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/2Cool2Blogggg/status/1105680204889051136

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Id feel bad for the Giants if the Eagles hadnt gone through this like 6 years ago with getting rid of Jackson & McCoy in quick succession

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

troofs posted:

Literally none of this makes any sense from any angle. The team is a disaster on defense so you let your best defensive player leave citing cap problems... and then you make a trade that wrecks your cap. You trade your best defensive lineman for an OL to theoretically shore up a weakness on offense.... ok, going all in on the offense, the only thing that worked last year? NOPE trade the best WR. It's not even going to let them plug any holes in the team because they got a fairly weak return and now WR is also a position of need.
So what's the plan here? Draft a QB right after you shipped out his best possible weapon? Keep Eli around for 2 more years and try to run Saquon 50 times a game? You can't do 70s ground and pound on a team with a bad defense, and you can't make the defense better by sending out the two best defensive players in the building. None of the timelines of the players we've added match, and the cap is a complete mess now.

It's like when someone guesses your WoW password and you log in to your character lying naked in the street with all his poo poo for sale in the Auction House.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Lmao.... Godspeed to OBJ.

Glad he’s out of the division though.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

CyberPingu posted:

Id feel bad for the Giants if the Eagles hadnt gone through this like 6 years ago with getting rid of Jackson & McCoy in quick succession

At least we still had talent left after that happened. Maclin, Sproles, Ertz, Miles Austin. At the time, DeMarco and Ryan Mathews seemed like a great idea

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

troofs posted:

The worst part about this trade is that it makes all the terrible giants fans who never shut up about "class" happy.

You could make the case that this draft is deep in defensive talent and they have plenty of draft capital now to potentially build an elite defense if they hit on their picks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You could also make the argument that the Giants just hamstrung themselves by trading away one of the very best young players in the NFL the same year they signed him and took away one of the training wheels a new QB would ideally have when Eli finally retires. Oh and that young QB wasn’t drafted last year because ~gotta draft a RB~ in a great QB year so now they get Dwayne Haskins or Daniel Jones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

89 posted:

At least we still had talent left after that happened. Maclin, Sproles, Ertz, Miles Austin. At the time, DeMarco and Ryan Mathews seemed like a great idea

Maclin left too.