Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I changed my mind, kill these forums

As bad as people can get here, the rest of the internet is 1000 times worse than the worst GBS shitposter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CPL593H posted:

As bad as people can get here, the rest of the internet is 1000 times worse than the worst GBS shitposter.

That's... sadly true.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Doubled featured Alita and Soy Cuba at the theaters. Both were gorgeous and dope.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CPL593H posted:

This is true, at least we're not on Twitter. Which is probably where I'll spend a lot more time if this corpse ever sinks.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Coffee And Pie posted:

This is true, at least we're not on Twitter. Which is probably where I'll spend a lot more time if this corpse ever sinks.

Everyone on Twitter is very nice! Please join us. Lots of people post their dogs.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Coffee And Pie posted:

Have a locked down private account, only follow brands that don't have """""personalities"""" and hourly cat/dog/fox/rabbit/sloth/capybara bot accounts and it's worth it!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’m being dramatic you guys, I’m extremely online, of course I have a Twitter. You all should follow me because it’s very good.
https://twitter.com/chunk_widebody/status/1105692134773063680?s=21

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

If Something Awful shuts down I'll probably just spend a whole lot less time on the internet because I sure as poo poo and not going on loving Twitter or Reddit. I have Facebook but I mostly only use that to talk to people I know from the forums, otherwise I'd be rid of that too. Social media is a loving cesspool.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m being dramatic you guys, I’m extremely online, of course I have a Twitter. You all should follow me because it’s very good.
https://twitter.com/chunk_widebody/status/1105692134773063680?s=21

I am also on twitter, doing very important work

https://twitter.com/KennethJWaste2/status/1104755610938163201

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
twitter is for reprobates

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/fuckinalpamare/status/1105685184186339329?s=19

I'm also doing work on twitter

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
please enjoy my twitter account

https://twitter.com/TheRealStanLee/status/1105178342100131840

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If any of you wanna keep in touch in case the forms go boom shoot me a pm wit yer Facebook

I know, Facebook sucks, but eh

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

precision posted:

If any of you wanna keep in touch in case the forms go boom shoot me a pm wit yer Facebook

I know, Facebook sucks, but eh

a/s/l?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

twitter has surpassed improv as the biggest magnet for unfunny people

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
After doing the whole 'double feature' recommendation thing a lot, and since it was a really long time ago that I did that Shivers / Rocky Horror double feature edit, I've decided that I want to do another one and this time maybe post it to archive for however long before someone flags it.

So give me a year, and I'll pick two films from that year.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

K. Waste posted:

After doing the whole 'double feature' recommendation thing a lot, and since it was a really long time ago that I did that Shivers / Rocky Horror double feature edit, I've decided that I want to do another one and this time maybe post it to archive for however long before someone flags it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

K. Waste posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

K. Waste posted:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Jack Kirby's son was my middle school biology teacher. I hope his family is making bank from these films but deep down I know they're getting hosed over by Disney.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CPL593H posted:

If Something Awful shuts down I'll probably just spend a whole lot less time on the internet because I sure as poo poo and not going on loving Twitter or Reddit. I have Facebook but I mostly only use that to talk to people I know from the forums, otherwise I'd be rid of that too. Social media is a loving cesspool.

Same. I don't have Facebook but have a Twitter, the thing is that I mostly only look at tweets posted on here. If/when these forums die, I will probably keep following my 13 people and then forget all about it in three months, and it will be as if the Internet had never existed.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Well the patreon is doing rather nicely right now. Signed up for 20 a month myself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nroo posted:

Doubled featured Alita and Soy Cuba at the theaters. Both were gorgeous and dope.
Alita is a very fun, goofy, and weirdly faithful movie and everyone should see it!

You might end up like that one guy who really, really hated it, or like the many folks who ended up surprised at how much they liked it, take a gamble!

CPL593H posted:

I don't know if SA will shut down what with lowtax's patreon being all

edit: lol https://graphtreon.com/creator/GamingGarbage

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 13, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think anyone else has expressed dislike about Alita itt besides me so just in case I’m gonna say I don’t hate it. I just don’t like it. It felt like like the avatar but with more anime.

I genuinely wanted to like it. But alas.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The place better not close, I just got the complete script for my movie of the month.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I don’t think anyone else has expressed dislike about Alita itt besides me so just in case I’m gonna say I don’t hate it. I just don’t like it. It felt like like the avatar but with more anime.

I genuinely wanted to like it. But alas.

I went in with low expectations, which helped a lot

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well I do hope it gets a sequel since that'll have a lot more motorball stuff, which what little bit was in this one was really rad, plus it'll actually have Jashugan taking (everything a)part in it which was super well done in the manga.

and then, if they somehow get to make a third one to go for the final arcs involving the Tuned, Den, and a larger focus on Desty Nova, it'd be nuts. I doubt that'll ever happen though, so if it gets even one sequel I'd be stoked as hell. At least the one movie got a ton of folks to give the manga a shot, which still has some of my favorite takes on transhumanism ever and also has one of the first trans characters I was ever exposed to that wasn't some absurd caricature, which in the mid-90's(and anime/manga, especially) was kind of nuts.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I guess it was just a matter of time Botl would get permabanned by a garbage mod. Gonna pour one out for you tonight, Botl :911:

McCloud fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 13, 2019

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh thank GOD

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Escobarbarian posted:

oh thank GOD

Popping champagne, gently caress yeah

This is better than when Methodis got permad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm gonna buy a round of avatars in celebration

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When botl put in the effort he has made some really loving outstanding analyses of stuff that were genuinely great reads(one I remember was when he went ham on a particular manga's terrible architecture with like a 10,000 word post that broke down exactly why the buildings were so awful that was fascinating), shame about the rest of it.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Yeah that's why I liked botl, when he wanted to he could make some really good posts, just take a look at the fantasy movie thread. But i guess when so many people get their minds broken by the most rudimentary trolling his days were numbered.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes everyone is stupid except for you

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I did not enjoy that man

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He was a fascinating case study on the importance of interpersonal skills.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

McCloud posted:

Yeah that's why I liked botl, when he wanted to he could make some really good posts, just take a look at the fantasy movie thread. But i guess when so many people get their minds broken by the most rudimentary trolling his days were numbered.

I don't think it was trolling, they were just an rear end in a top hat.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

McCloud posted:

I can appreciate what they can add to a convo but also their attitude didn't help.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Yes everyone is stupid except for you

If the shoe fits, buddy.

Cloks posted:

I don't think it was trolling, they were just an rear end in a top hat.

Detective No. 27 posted:

He was a fascinating case study on the importance of interpersonal skills.

:hmmyes: Both very good points.

Again, some of his posts were pretty good, even when he was obviously winding people up, but he also had a habit of lazy shitposting and it's it's that laziness that got him in the end. His last post was literally "all podcasts are bad" :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
BotL did occasionally make a good post but 99% of his posts were trying to make people feel dumb for liking things and he has been doing it for years and years now with no signs of stopping even after being told over and over again to just loving stop.

People can make interesting posts about movies and also not be assholes constantly for no reason.

Seriously

Escobarbarian posted:

oh thank GOD