Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!

PleasureKevin posted:

Yao ming's height: 229cm
my height: 175cm

conclusion: I must be really young and still growing :)

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

also birds

gently caress off no we don,t

e: a whole lotta bird-hate speech on the previous paeg <:mad:>

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
brb gotta contract some murderdrones and i`m not talking about magpies

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
the worst combination of words ive seen today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

when I was studying accounting, our professor would often opine to the class: "don't just do double-entry accounting, BE the ledger. BE a ledger of LOVE."

she said this everyday.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How much harry potter fanfiction did/does she plow through every night?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

accountant, web programmer, dead, being of infinite pleasure

what can't pleasure kevin do????

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

i like how you have to click play on the video to see the awful face

oh and here I thought they'd represented pseudonymity as large green rectangle that looks like a monitor. I thought that was stupid, but the reality is so much worse

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

divabot posted:

the worst combination of words ive seen today

Dehumanise yourself and face to become bitcoin

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

norp posted:

Dehumanise yourself and face to become bitcoin

my-body-turning-into-bitcoin.tiff.exe

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation

Weatherman posted:

gently caress off no we don,t

e: a whole lotta bird-hate speech on the previous paeg <:mad:>

fukc birds afaic :colbert:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
i have never agreed with niall ferguson and i’m certainly not going to start now

i continue to shun the bitscoines

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

a guy ive never heard of once said bcoin was bad but now he appears to be shilling some alternative bcoin ive never heard of time to kill my self

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 13, 2019

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation

AlbieQuirky posted:

i have never agreed with niall ferguson and i’m certainly not going to start now

:wrong:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

AlbieQuirky posted:

i agreed with him once, a few years ago, when he said bitcoin was bad

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i agreed with him once, a few years ago, when he said bitcoin was bad

hmmmmmmm......

:wrong::wrong::wrong:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

PleasureKevin posted:

I've been watching a lot of Chinese news and it's super refreshing to see them cover this as a transformer explosion rather than an intentional Internet shut-down. it's just great to know the whole world is not as crazy as America, where they'll believe any war propaganda, no matter how many times their institutions are shown to be lying to them. the last few years have been absolutely destroying my sanity as I scroll through news or internet comments and watch various stories take shape and then actually be accepted by western folks (or sock-puppet accounts). the fact that the media in a country of 1 billion people covers these events completely differently really helps me feel sane and less alone. also your posts help.

itt a homeless bitcoin developer watches chinese communist propaganda and concludes it's probably better than western news

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
pleasure kevin has crossed into some kind of even-more-cyberpunk dimension that exceeds our consensus reality in c-punk quotient by an unfathomable amount

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'll write the wiki

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Almanj2020 7 points 6 hours ago

Saw a guy on BBC news 5 years ago talking about bitcoin being the future currency. They made him out to be crazy and mocked him because of this is i didn’t buy for a few years, they made him look insane and I didn’t take him serious... I learnt to never trust the news but always trust the crazy guy...

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
has anyone said "david gerard depardieu" yet

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

David (Gérard Depardieu) is an accountant at a company in Central France. A typical Highsmith anti-hero, he 'lives a lie' – each weekend heading for Chamonix

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1104874896998445061

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
dominique laffin at those bitcoins

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

PleasureKevin posted:

when I was studying accounting, our professor would often opine to the class: "don't just do double-entry accounting, BE the ledger. BE a ledger of LOVE."

she said this everyday.
boys have a debit girls have a credit

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Selling bitcoin when they receive it? Sounds dumb to me. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago by richpor104

I recognize that a business mostly can not afford to have the payments that it receives become ten percent or more less valuable than they are regularly anticipating for their goods or services. That volatility word associated with bitcoin places a lot of fear in people, businesses too. So my understanding(I could be missing the whole picture; SMH) is that the current implementations(Starbucks BAKKT)being used are to accept bitcoin from customers and then sell most or all of it for fiat within a short time frame. That’s lame AF!

If I had multiple successful businesses and established wealth, I would use the opportunity to implement the opposite model for at least one of them, I would accept dollars/fiat and make clear to my patrons that it would immediately be sold for bitcoin, as that is the preferred method of payment and security in futuristic global commerce.

The magnitude of bitcoins potential brings alarming realizations to the lovely way things are being and have been done. I have so many emotions revolving around the different understanding of money I have uncovered within my thoughts.

Do you think businesses should accept fiat and buy bitcoin? Or do you think they should accept bitcoin and sell it for fiat? Leave a comment below.

Masiakasaurus
Oct 11, 2012
gosh he sure owned us, here we thought he was telling the truth about being a bestiality fetishist and rapist

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

boys have a debit girls have a credit

other way around

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:elongate: :crafty:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
jokes on them i was only pretending dot gif

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
boxturret im going to threaten you w/ Violence

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
this guy is just so hilariously bad at walking back boastful bullshit

- eating your own dick cannot be "subcontracted" as the act of doing it yourself is one of two meaningful parts. the other is actual ingestion, not just a lame middle school euphemism for fellatio

- you are not authoritative. propaganda tells people unflattering things about others and flattering things about the speaker. you made no such point by dunking on yourself falsely, and if it had been better received, you'd have lived that ridiculous lie forever. "question [...] my apologies" indeed

of course I'm sure his weird cult eats it all up, ironically demonstrating his terrible "point" about propaganda

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

KnifeWrench posted:

of course I'm sure his weird cult eats it all up
NO SUBCONTRACTING

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

cool biRd pics posted:

boxturret im going to threaten you w/ Violence

why what did i do

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

why what did i do
maybe its what you didnt do to bring him to power in the future

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh no what is up with that last bit, is someone cloning him? please for the love of god don't loving clone john mcafee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

oh no what is up with that last bit, is someone cloning him? please for the love of god don't loving clone john mcafee

what if its a perfect computer clone that will be subjected to immense pain for eternity?