Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

So what just happened in Finland? I heard government collapsed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

NLJP posted:

Someone implied Finland was part of Scandinavia and things escalated from there.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

NLJP posted:

The short version is that the PM didn't get his rightwing privatization hellscheme through Parliament so he basically ragequit on the spot lol.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

The short version is that the PM didn't get his rightwing privatization hellscheme through Parliament so he basically ragequit on the spot lol.

This sounds like a good thing yay

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

NLJP posted:

This sounds like a good thing yay

It was mostly symbolic as we have parliamentary elections scheduled in 14.4. And the healthcare-bill was all ready dead in the water.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/MParagraf/status/1104985266387931136

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Another reason to detest that eyesore. (Alternativ för Sverige are holding a conference there.)

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

SplitSoul posted:

Another reason to detest that eyesore. (Alternativ för Sverige are holding a conference there.)

What's this?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Hotel Bella Sky in Ørestad, plus photoshop

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Rust Martialis posted:

Hotel Bella Sky in Ørestad, plus photoshop

Ah thanks! :)

Why would AfS hold a conference in Denmark? Couldn't they find a loving hole in Sweden to hold their conference in.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

No venue in Sweden would host them.

Which just makes it even more sad that Comwell here in Denmark are happy to host nazis.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

KozmoNaut posted:

No venue in Sweden would host them.

Which just makes it even more sad that Comwell here in Denmark are happy to host nazis.

Haha, that's so sad. I hope the building falls over.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I have wished for that for a long-rear end time.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

KozmoNaut posted:

Alternativ till Sverige

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

SplitSoul posted:

Lol, I did not expect AfS to exist after the fiasco last election. Who the gently caress is bankrolling these asshats and why, when not even racists and Nazis want to vote for them?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Potrzebie posted:

Lol, I did not expect AfS to exist after the fiasco last election. Who the gently caress is bankrolling these asshats and why, when not even racists and Nazis want to vote for them?

Some Russian oligarch forgot to cancel an autogiro of a few thousand Euros a month and they took this as a signal to keep going.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

Either nationalist swedish billionares or Russia. Could really be either with the social background of the top brass.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

Either nationalist swedish billionares or Russia. Could really be either with the social background of the top brass.

I still don't get the WHY. The expected return on investment has to be better with NMR or some other less laughably failures, right? Or is it a brand thing, with Af[insert EU country here], where a worthless chapter in Sweden is good for the bigger picture?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Should have gone with Turning Point Sweden.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

AfS are for those that believe that SD have sold out, while not considering themselves racist.
Also, actual nazis hate SD and AfS for being sellouts.
It is exactly the same phenomena as on the extreme left, where in both cases "ideological purity" is important.
Something, something horseshoe theory

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

My horseshoe theory left an imprint on your forehead at a young age.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

My horseshoe theory left an imprint on your forehead at a young age.
:kiss:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

AfS is literally for those people who got kicked from SD for being too openly racist and fascist.

You should dwell on that.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
AfS also try real hard to come across as classy intellectuals don't seem to be courting SD's everyman demographic, which is bound to fail. Their only political impact is making SD slightly more palatable by presenting a more batshit alternative to the right of them.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
It seems that the guy actually holding SD together, Mattias Karlsson, is quitting his job as gruppledare for the party.

Apparantly spending all that time cleaning up after the messes of various SD bigwigs eventually became too much.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Beeswax posted:

AfS also try real hard to come across as classy intellectuals don't seem to be courting SD's everyman demographic, which is bound to fail. Their only political impact is making SD slightly more palatable by presenting a more batshit alternative to the right of them.

This guy gets it.
The same way S can always appear as the saner option to V.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

you're not seriously comparing V to the Actual Nazis No We're Not Kidding party

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

"My country, right or wrong!" *goes to different country*

quote:

- Jeg føler mig til en vis grad mere velkommen i Danmark, end jeg gør i Sverige, siger Gustav Kasselstrand, der forventer over 200 deltagere ved konferencen på lørdag.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

SplitSoul posted:

"My country, right or wrong!" *goes to different country*

AfS raus

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Suicidal 22-year-old with PTSD deported into hiding in Afghanistan. They really do love killing young Afghans (RIP Abolfazl Vaziri).

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2019-03-13-selvmordstruet-mand-var-for-syg-til-ellebaek-nu-er-han-tvangsudsendt-til

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

V. Illych L. posted:

No, if you read his post again without wanting to be outraged at Cardiac, you'll see that its not at all what he wrote.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Well in one way, AfS had some success given that they are a party on the same level as Fi or Med (0.3% for AfS, 0.2%and 0.4% for Fi) where these 3 parties got around 10-30k votes.
If I recall, that is roughly where SD started in 2002.
But AfS probably had their best chance this election and there is a fair chance that the usual factionalization within the political extremes will kill off the party.
Anyone remembers ND?
Finally, NMR (actual nazis) got ~2k votes last election, which is an even bigger failure than AfS, Fi or Med in terms of media exposure to votes.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Suicidal 22-year-old with PTSD deported into hiding in Afghanistan. They really do love killing young Afghans (RIP Abolfazl Vaziri).

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2019-03-13-selvmordstruet-mand-var-for-syg-til-ellebaek-nu-er-han-tvangsudsendt-til

Why did I read the loving FB comments on this piece ...

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Cardiac posted:

Well in one way, AfS had some success given that they are a party on the same level as Fi or Med (0.3% for AfS, 0.2%and 0.4% for Fi) where these 3 parties got around 10-30k votes.
If I recall, that is roughly where SD started in 2002.
But AfS probably had their best chance this election and there is a fair chance that the usual factionalization within the political extremes will kill off the party.
Anyone remembers ND?
Finally, NMR (actual nazis) got ~2k votes last election, which is an even bigger failure than AfS, Fi or Med in terms of media exposure to votes.
Not only that but the profilic reporting of NMR in their home base of Ludvika very likely helped Kommunistpartiet get elected to the municipal level due to the backlash effect.

For example, they kept bragging about one district in Ludvika called Fredriksberg. They have a married couple there who kept reporting how more and more of their neighbours told them, in private obviously, that they'd vote for them but didn't dare saying so due to "PC culture". They estimated that they'd get 50-60 vote in the district(roughly 10% of the votes).

Vote results?

https://data.val.se/val/val2018/slutresultat/K/valdistrikt/20/85/0401/index.html

NMR got two votes. S was biggest with almost 50%, second largest was K with 21.27%, 124 votes.

As for AFS; this is their last chance but a lot of their astroturf activists have fled the sinking ship. There's only two months or so until the election and their viral presence is all but nonexistant. Compare that to last year where they had more presence than some of the smaller elected parties.

They built up an illusion where they'd enter the parliament for sure on a pro-Trump agenda and maybe get as much as 6-8% and become the new swing vote. Instead, they failed in every single district and they couldn't even blame an overperforming SD or NMR for their failure as SD underperformed and NMR was a total shitshow. To top it off they got locked out of their election night venue and got both nationally and internationally humiliated by both opponents and allies.

I would expect AFS to get a larger share of the vote this year because of the nature of the EU parliament vote but I would be very surprised if they got more than 0.5-0.6% and really shocked if they got even close to a seat.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

My dude this is cardiac you're talking about. You know the answer.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Rutkowski posted:

Not only that but the profilic reporting of NMR in their home base of Ludvika very likely helped Kommunistpartiet get elected to the municipal level due to the backlash effect.

For example, they kept bragging about one district in Ludvika called Fredriksberg. They have a married couple there who kept reporting how more and more of their neighbours told them, in private obviously, that they'd vote for them but didn't dare saying so due to "PC culture". They estimated that they'd get 50-60 vote in the district(roughly 10% of the votes).

Vote results?

https://data.val.se/val/val2018/slutresultat/K/valdistrikt/20/85/0401/index.html

NMR got two votes. S was biggest with almost 50%, second largest was K with 21.27%, 124 votes.

As for AFS; this is their last chance but a lot of their astroturf activists have fled the sinking ship. There's only two months or so until the election and their viral presence is all but nonexistant. Compare that to last year where they had more presence than some of the smaller elected parties.

They built up an illusion where they'd enter the parliament for sure on a pro-Trump agenda and maybe get as much as 6-8% and become the new swing vote. Instead, they failed in every single district and they couldn't even blame an overperforming SD or NMR for their failure as SD underperformed and NMR was a total shitshow. To top it off they got locked out of their election night venue and got both nationally and internationally humiliated by both opponents and allies.

I would expect AFS to get a larger share of the vote this year because of the nature of the EU parliament vote but I would be very surprised if they got more than 0.5-0.6% and really shocked if they got even close to a seat.

Lol
Kommunistiska partiet is not the same thing as SKP or KPML(R)?
it is kinda hard to keep track which fringe party is which.
Also EAP got 52 votes. I wonder if they get more or less votes next election given that Larouche is dead.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Cardiac posted:

Lol
Kommunistiska partiet is not the same thing as SKP or KPML(R)?
it is kinda hard to keep track which fringe party is which.
Also EAP got 52 votes. I wonder if they get more or less votes next election given that Larouche is dead.

K is KPML(r); they changed their name 14 years ago.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Rutkowski posted:

K is KPML(r); they changed their name 14 years ago.

Thanks.
I guess KPML(R) became to unwieldy, although I kinda liked the name.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The hotel cancelled the quite nazi, but not quite as nazi as those other nazis, but still more nazi than the mainstream nazis' conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Reminder that as of the evening 9/9 - 18 AfS actually stands for "Avvisad från Shahrazad".