Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

JFairfax posted:

Yeah it's totally inappropriate and I hope he rightfully gets castigated for it.

He is a slimy toad.

He'll get away with it because she used to be a lawyer and they charge by the hour.

Edit: Two pages in a row? gently caress off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
There's also one where namtab talks about anime

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Lunar Suite posted:

Join the Discord, we have a whole channel just for cute animal pictures and one for video games.

Where's that? Didn't find a link in the op.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Where's that? Didn't find a link in the op.

https://discord.gg/2YkmqGQ

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Can Italy just no deal itself and we get to keep the UK instead?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

V. Illych L. posted:

at some point objectivism became the de-facto hegemonic moral doctrine to which we expect the public to adhere, which is frankly a little disconcerting. not sure when that happened

Late 90's.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Combat Theory posted:

Can Italy just no deal itself

They are pretty much slowly doing that anyway

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tessie the house elf.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
That necklace isn't big or garish enough

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Does anyone know what time the Malthouse vote is tonight?

[e: vvv THANKS! ]

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
7pm

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Thats not a necklace

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's a fruiting body.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

OwlFancier posted:

It's a fruiting body.

We’ve all been calling mad max, but in actuality we’re living in the Last of Us universe.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonna go rub cat poo poo all over myself so the toxoplasmosis can fight the cordyceps for control of my brain.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lolol

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
so like ... theres a chance that the "no no-deal" doesnt pass now? right?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bump_fn posted:

so like ... theres a chance that the "no no-deal" doesnt pass now? right?

Who the gently caress knows.

If I had to put money on it I'd say that a binding amendment to take it off the table won't pass, but some kind of hypothetical we should try to avoid it, might.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

:lol:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Spelman agreement has been dropped (maybe unless anyone else decides to pick it up and run with it) after Caroline Spelman announces she's not pushing it to a vote.

Amendment would change tonight's text to "this House rejects the UK leaving the EU without a Withdrawal Agreement and a Framework for the Future Relationship"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Best guess is it's gonna come even closer to the wire with labour trying everything, anything that might stick, the best chance to get something through is gonna be if the EU says no extension and it's literally staring no deal dead in the face a couple of days before the date. Only then might a revokation pass.

Your other options might be a referendum, but that's gonna be a nightmare to agree the questions for, let alone pass in the first place.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 13, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Birmingham is a better choice, hs2 will stop there, it has an international airport, good road links and geographically is very close the centre of the U.K.

Birmingham isn't close to the centre of England far less the UK.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It might be close to the center of mass of england given england's fat at the bottom.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Aramoro posted:

parliament in norn iron

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Aramoro posted:

Well there's sod all in Worksop

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

parliament in norn iron

I was going to say Parliment in Haltwhistle, but changed my mind, move it down to the road to Slaggyford.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Aramoro posted:

I think it's close to the mean centre of population but I can't even find that so here's one for the USA because that's all I could find, repeatedly.

:laffo:

This has to be someone's fetish, right?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Totally agree with moving it out of London and having a sort of 'student residence' arrangement for MPs to live in. Not sure about Milton Keynes - my former national company which had HQ in London moved out to MK and people who were already doing long commutes into Euston (in particular) each day were suddenly having to add on another 1-2 hours a day to go back out to MK because the train connections simply weren't there.

Needs somewhere with really good transport links.

...MK is on the West Coast Main Line which goes into Euston?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I think it's close to the mean centre of population but I can't even find that so here's one for the USA because that's all I could find, repeatedly.

The Ordnance Survey use what's called the gravitational method. i.e. if you cut the uk out of paper it would be the point it balanced on. That point is near Birmingham (maybe Coventry somewhere) but still, Birmingham is in the south of the country.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Stick it in Sheffield. Maybe then we'll get some decent East-West transport built as it takes some MP's 6 hours to travel 100 miles.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Aramoro posted:

The Ordnance Survey use what's called the gravitational method. i.e. if you cut the uk out of paper it would be the point it balanced on. That point is near Birmingham (maybe Coventry somewhere) but still, Birmingham is in the south of the country.

buddy let me tell you about a magical place called the Midlands

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Here we go. Still not a map but:

quote:

The centre of population in Great Britain did not move much in the 20th century. In 1901, it was in Rodsley, Derbyshire and in 1911 in Longford. In 1971 it was at Newhall, South Derbyshire and in 2000, it was in Appleby Parva, Leicestershire.

Appleby Parva for UK legislative capital.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

sebzilla posted:

Spelman agreement has been dropped (maybe unless anyone else decides to pick it up and run with it) after Caroline Spelman announces she's not pushing it to a vote.

Amendment would change tonight's text to "this House rejects the UK leaving the EU without a Withdrawal Agreement and a Framework for the Future Relationship"

What was the effect of the amendment that the government are so scared of? Also why can't Dromey push it instead?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

They should put Parliament in Inverness because it's the only way that we'll ever get upgrades to our transport infrastructure.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also it'd right piss off the SNP, because instead of saying "Westminster Bubble" they'd have to say "the British government are stuck in a Millburn Bubble" and that's not going to fly.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Keep going, I’m almost there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

Also it'd right piss off the SNP, because instead of saying "Westminster Bubble" they'd have to say "the British government are stuck in a Millburn Bubble" and that's not going to fly.

And finally Invernesian can replace RP as the correct British accent.