Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Tonight it's stir fried pork and veggies in a tasty garlic ginger sauce with a splash of chili oil.

Nicely seasoned wok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I've been trying to make pepperoni + banana peppers a thing but no one else that I know likes it. It's not that weird!

That was one of my go to's. I'm eating a sundried tomatos and onions which the store kinda burnt and feta za.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

twoday posted:

What is the best (weird) combo of pizza toppings?

i dunno if it's that weird but i love a greek pizza w/chicken, feta, spinach, tomatoes and olives

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Goddamn where is this secret enclave of pepperoni + banana pepper lovers, I finally feel at home somewhere.

twoday
May 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

i dunno if it's that weird but i love a greek pizza w/chicken, feta, spinach, tomatoes and olives

:hmmyes:

Feta is underrated as a cheese that can be heated

Spinach is great in general but you must be careful of making a pizza wet with it

And I am generally opposed to condensing an entire culture into a set of pizza toppings (see my reclutance towards Mexican pizzas above) but this combo is definitely a favorite

Speaking of which, I think we can declare the c-spam boycott of the February Colonial Cooking challenge to be a success, and furthermore suggest that we should get ready for the Brexit Ration Cooking Challenge, wherein we will be limited to ingredients which are produced on the island of Britain

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Goddamn where is this secret enclave of pepperoni + banana pepper lovers, I finally feel at home somewhere.

Who the hell is refusing to eat this

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

Spinach is great in general but you must be careful of making a pizza wet with it

And I am generally opposed to condensing an entire culture into a set of pizza toppings (see my reclutance towards Mexican pizzas above) but this combo is definitely a favorite

Speaking of which, I think we can declare the c-spam boycott of the February Colonial Cooking challenge to be a success, and furthermore suggest that we should get ready for the Brexit Ration Cooking Challenge, wherein we will be limited to ingredients which are produced on the island of Britain

That's a pretty good idea! Are we making a dish or a full meal? Or is either one fine?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

twoday posted:

yeah it's not particularly greek. just a shorthand for that toppings set

sometimes i'll throw in ham, subtract the tomatoes/olives and use marinara for a more traditional type pie

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'm a baking dipshit and i made the serious eats "detroit pan pizza" in a rimmed half sheet pan and basically everything went wrong (ended up with about half the dough i needed to fill the pan, had to use half mozzarella and half "mexican shredded cheese", oven was smoking like crazy for the last 5 minutes probably due to too much oil used to lube the pan plus the pan wasn't full) and it was probably the best pizza i've ever had

here's a recipe contribution, it's peanut soup
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2007/09/peanut-soup-recipe.html

you probably don't want to use the entire amount of peanut butter it calls for, i didn't.

twoday posted:

mayo and corn deep dish with 3 olives artistically scattered

twoday
May 4, 2005

Doc Walrus posted:

That's a pretty good idea! Are we making a dish or a full meal? Or is either one fine?

A dish

And at least one ingredient must come from a tin

twoday
May 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

yeah it's not particularly greek. just a shorthand for that toppings set

sometimes i'll throw in ham, subtract the tomatoes/olives and use marinara for a more traditional type pie

Thinking about Greek food, they eat a lot of lamb over there, next time I roast some I'll toss the leftovers on a pizza the next day with the other things you mentioned

Maybe some garlic sauce all over

twoday
May 4, 2005

hifi posted:

it was probably the best pizza i've ever had

Twist ending

Often when an oven is smoking there is something that dripped to the bottom before and is now burnt

Also extra virgin olive oil has a very low smoke point, and for that reason pizza peeps will sometimes use grapeseed oil instead

I only know Indonesian peanut soup, which is great, gonna try this one out

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

A dish

And at least one ingredient must come from a tin

Sounds good. What does everyone else think? If nobody's got a better idea for the next Cooking Challenge then we'll do this one. I'll actually advertise properly this time, and we can keep it running until the end of April instead of doing entries + judging all within one month.

twoday
May 4, 2005

The three rules I propose for the Brexit challenge are

- a single dish
- ingredients which are produced in the UK (if it's questionable please prove it is being manufactured in the UK with a link)
- at least one ingredient must come from a can/tin

Made before may 1st

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hifi posted:

mayo and corn deep dish with 3 olives artistically scattered

i saw elote pizza in mexico, that's pretty close

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i like the canned food idea. i could make those bisquik "sausage" balls with corned beef hash

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i thought everyone in the world has seen this video although i guess that's hard with only 600k views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

twoday
May 4, 2005

I’m guessing the majority of those views came from this site

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

no poo poo I think about that video at least once a month

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

twoday posted:

- a single dish
- ingredients which are produced in the UK (if it's questionable please prove it is being manufactured in the UK with a link)

Made before may 1st

Produced or producible? Like, I can buy veggies that can be grown in the UK, yeah? But no citrus or avocado?

Also, I am down for moving to this new challenge with a deadline near the end of April.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Yeah, producible

The products don't have to literally come from the UK, there just has to be a producer of the same thing in the UK

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

twoday posted:

when I worked at Dominos there are two things that we made for ourselves that weren’t really on the menu and that were better than anything we actually sold.

One was “spicy barbecue” pizza which was a sauce of 1/2 barbecue and 1/2 buffalo (both of which we had solely because of chicken wings) and then cheddar cheese and ham/beef/bacon.

the other was jalapeño and bacon cheese sticks, which was a deep dish crust with no sauce, extra cheese, jalapeño and bacon (obviously) and then a lot of people would dip them in blue cheese or ranch dressing or pizza sauce.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Doc Walrus posted:

1.Smoked salmon, capers, goat cheese w/ olive oil as your sauce. Add the smoked salmon after taking the pizza out of the oven

2.Cheap store-bought queso with sour cream mixed in as your sauce, mozzerella/cheddar cheese mix, topped with chicken and pickled jalapenos

I've always thought "BBQ Death Match" would be a great name for a pizza but I don't know what all I'd put on it.

100%, a variant on #1 there was shockingly good when I threw it together out of stuff i had around

i think it might've been a sous-vide'd salmon but i wasn't expecting salmon & cheese pizza to be good (it was)

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

someone do this for cspam please

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

minimalism is the best way to go about pizza if actually cooking it yourself, make sure you get the base and sauce right and then just don't overdo it, light touches of whatever it is you like

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

twoday posted:

- a single dish

Made before may 1st

but how will i get my Authentically British Ingredients come brexit????

edit: ok i see I'm not that funny :'(

juche avocado has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Mar 11, 2019

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

why would you want to steal morning glory seeds???

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

juche avocados can be grown ont he scepter'd isles..... it can be done....... with love, and care, and, of course, the grit and determination of the British People

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

mike12345 posted:

someone do this for cspam please

We've spent this whole page and last page too talking about pizza and pizza dough. What did you think we were talking about?

twoday
May 4, 2005

juche avocado posted:

juche avocados can be grown ont he scepter'd isles..... it can be done....... with love, and care, and, of course, the grit and determination of the British People

A seventeenth-century painting of King Charles II receiving the first pineapple ever to be grown in Britain from his gardener.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Alright I did my research and all the ingredients I need for my entry are produced in the UK! I'm waiting on one ingredient to be delivered by Amazon, and then I'll be able to post my entry.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Wow that was fast

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The weather is sunny, not a cloud in the sky and the temps are going to rise to a balmy 42. I'm thinking about grilling for the first time in 2019 and I have a typical first world problem.

What do I grill?

Options:

berder
salmon fillet
venison bratwurst
bone-in ribeye

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
whatever you grill, also grill some pineapple

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

whatever you grill, also grill some pineapple

don't have any pineapple. I have mostly citrus in the house this time of year

twoday
May 4, 2005

Grill a lemon or some orange slices, see what happens :shrug:

I would choose the venison

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'll never get used to the taste of game

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

i say swears online posted:

I'll never get used to the taste of game

im fine with that, as long as you get used to the taste of player

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a few months ago when we were having a late night convo in the Trump thread a goon told me to try out cotija since I was putting parmesan on everything, but I forgot about it until tonight when I saw a bag of it at my grocery's cheese aisle

to that goon: thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
trying the instapot corned beef and cabage tonight, lets see how this turns out.

I didn't have any beer though so I just had to use more water. I just completely forgot even though there's a liquor store right next to the grocery store.