Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Vichan posted:

What annoyed me about that was that they clearly left Hardhome by boat yet in the next episode they're north of the Wall trying to come into Castle Black.

Other than that it was a terrific moment. That Wildling woman was awesome.

Okay but she talks some Big poo poo and then literally dies to Zombie Children because uh

Reasons? She can't kill a kid? That's the opposite of awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Vichan posted:

That Wildling woman was awesome.

Kit Harrington married her last year.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Solice Kirsk posted:

I liked the Battle of the Bastards too. It was silly but a fun kind of silly.

The scene where Jon is being crushed is pretty viscerally upsetting. And the shot of him just squaring up at the charging horses is dope. Come to think of it, almost everything is shot well and looks good its just the content thats generally crap. Also s5 had those nice rear end boner-poison titties.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

Kit Harrington married her last year.

Na Kit married Ygritte. This was another awesome wildling women (there are a ton of them)

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Katt posted:

Na Kit married Ygritte. This was another awesome wildling women (there are a ton of them)

I think he’s saying they all look the same to him.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Drone Jett posted:

I think he’s saying they all look the same to him.

I know what you mean. I mistake Tormund for Ygritte all the time. Keep having to remind myself that one of them is a sexy redhead and the other is Ygritte.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
On the show the only characters I can empathize with are angry wine mom Cersei and the only man in all of Westeros who is having fun, Euron.

Okay Tormund is cool too.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I liked the Battle of the Bastards too. It was silly but a fun kind of silly.

yeah same

plus it gave us the Leeroy Jenkins edit of the whole thing which is the single best piece of ASOIAF media there is

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
RIP BravestOfTheLamps

Died as he lived. Being a loving goober.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

BotLs permaing was GRRMs third and final oh poo poo moment that he told D&D about.

Free BotL

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

RIP BravestOfTheLamps

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

RIP BravestOfTheLamps

Still generating Book Barn content from beyond the posting grave.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

RIP BravestOfTheLamps

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

pseudanonymous posted:

Still generating Book Barn content from beyond the posting grave.

Bravy Stoneheart

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

RIP BravestOfTheLamps

This actually made this day suck a little less.

Also, vaguely relevant to GoT and another reminder that GRRM have no financial incentives to finish the series.
https://i.imgur.com/n4Pcske.jpg

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Cardiac posted:

Also, vaguely relevant to GoT and another reminder that GRRM have no financial incentives to finish the series.

"green apple, vanilla, honey"

Then you drink it and it tastes like paint thinner.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Cardiac posted:

They've been releasing GoT themed whiskey for a while now. Some of those whiskeys are decent but they charge way more for them just because it has GoT crap on it.

So yes, GRRM is Scrooge McDuckin' in his mansion in Santa Fe or wherever.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Wish GRRM had children. Then he might actually have a financial incentive for a longer time frame than "solid gold coffin 5 years from now"

Either that or his widow could have sold the rights to his work so Brandon Sanderson could finish the books.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's not salvageable. Having a big budget tv show blast out what he had planned is the best case scenario.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Katt posted:

Wish GRRM had children. Then he might actually have a financial incentive for a longer time frame than "solid gold coffin 5 years from now"

He's going to warg into a new body after his death.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

less laughter posted:

Well, just before presumably.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

less laughter posted:

Whatever happened to Aryas warg powers?

She used them in the book to cheat on her assassins guild blind kung-fu test by warging into a cat on a ledge or something and watch herself.

What happened to her wolf?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Katt posted:

Whatever happened to Aryas warg powers?

She used them in the book to cheat on her assassins guild blind kung-fu test by warging into a cat on a ledge or something and watch herself.

Arya doesn't have warg powers in the show.

In the show she runs into her wolf and they go their separate ways.

Really the show needed more cgi wolf budget.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

GRRM be like "hmmm 1 CGI wolf or 20 naked girls in a random brothel"

Decisions... decisions.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Even if he does try to finish the books he’ll just change everything from the show out of spite and it’ll somehow be dumber.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It takes him a decade to finish a book the way he had it planned, if he changes anything he's 100% never publishing another word of the series again.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hobbesmaster posted:

With how integral being a warg is to the 3 main Stark children's storylines in the books, you'd think they would have kept that poo poo in the show. Bran is the most unavoidable example, I guess, but being a warg is pivotal for both Jon and Arya are various points in time so

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Whether he does it out of spite or the show really did make up 99% of what happens in it after it split from the books, I think they were always going to be super different once the show had no source material.

I mean GURM is never finishing it but he's notorious for being the kind of writer who barely works with an outline and the outline changes all the time. He just picks a character and starts writing, from what I can tell, sees what his brain shits out and decides where to put it in the book.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

esperterra posted:

With how integral being a warg is to the 3 main Stark children's storylines in the books

I won't stand for this Sansa shade

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

less laughter posted:

I won't stand for this Sansa shade

Sansa is def a main Stark kid (and lowkey my fave Stark kid these days tbh) but we cannot deny how many more chapters Jon and Arya have.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Jon is a Targ anyway, he should be counted along with Dany and Tyrion's chapters

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He unfortunately counts for both

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
he's the ice and the fire

the Twinrova, if you will

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Katt posted:

Wish GRRM had children.

I wouldn't wish being a child of the GRRM on anybody. Not even on the kind of person someone sired and raised by the GRRM would be.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Has anyone else read "Dreamsongs: A RRetrospective"?

It has a part where GRRM explains that he worked on the twilight zone and people keep asking him what it was like to work with Rod Serling to which he responds "how old do you think I am!?"

Rod serling Hosted the twilight zone in like the 50s.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

esperterra posted:

With how integral being a warg is to the 3 main Stark children's storylines in the books, you'd think they would have kept that poo poo in the show. Bran is the most unavoidable example, I guess, but being a warg is pivotal for both Jon and Arya are various points in time so

It makes sense to condense plot points like that in a TV adaption at least.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Katt posted:

Either that or his widow could have sold the rights to his work so Brandon Sanderson could finish the books.

Or after he croaks one of his literary-minded spawn would "continue the series based on his notes" in increasingly dumb, weird twists, a la Frank Herbert.

I mean, not that ol' Frank was batting a 100 when he left, but the House Atreides-Corrino-Harkonnen prequels were what showed me that my Dune fanboyism had a limit.

It was a...needlessly harsh lesson.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Katt posted:

Better question - what happened to Ghost.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

He died on the way back to his home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Katt posted:

Wish GRRM had children.
I'm sure he's caught plenty.