Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Dragonatrix posted:

Zoro mandated the need for Usopp's apology, with him straight up telling Luffy that he'll lose the crew's respect if he lets Usopp back in without it.

Water 7 and Enies Lobby as a whole are still so, so good and combined are my overall favorite arc because there's so much great stuff like it that happens in them. I can totally see Wano theoretically taking its place at last once its all said and done, because it's also very strong and amazingly done so far.

Ah right, good to know my memory was the wrong way around on that.

And yeah, I can really see Wano and Enies Lobby comparisons being made when it's all done. As Enies Lobby was a sign to the world that the Straw Hats aren't just another crew taking a crack at the Grand Line, taking down an Emperor will show that Luffy definitely belongs in their ranks and they are most definitely major players in the New World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Envisioned posted:

Ah right, good to know my memory was the wrong way around on that.

And yeah, I can really see Wano and Enies Lobby comparisons being made when it's all done. As Enies Lobby was a sign to the world that the Straw Hats aren't just another crew taking a crack at the Grand Line, taking down an Emperor will show that Luffy definitely belongs in their ranks and they are most definitely major players in the New World.

In your defense, I’m fairly sure that someone (Chopper? Nami?) DID suggest that they let Usopp back in. I think they said something along the lines of “what’s the big deal? They’re just being pigheaded” to which Zoro responded “Either way, what’s done is done, and now if Luffy lets him back in, we won’t be able to respect him. If he lets Usopp back in without an apology, I’ll leave this crew and won't be coming back.”

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah basically everyone thought they were being too harsh, Zoro made the point that Luffy's decisions needed to be respected and Sanji backed him up. While they were waiting for the apology, Zoro, Luffy and Sanji were all fighting while Chopper and Nami were trying to get them to acknowledge Usopp.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
One of my favorite parts of Usopp’s apology is him trying desperately to use his rehearsed lines, slowly accepting that they won’t work and they’re all just excuses for him to avoid confronting what he did wrong. It’s such a great moment where he’s forced into facing his faults and overcoming them. It’s such a perfect make-or-break moment.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Putting Luffys shadow in this giant zombie seems like a problem waiting to happen

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Putting Luffys shadow in this giant zombie seems like a problem waiting to happen

ahh yes you are at one of the better one piece moments.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah basically everyone thought they were being too harsh, Zoro made the point that Luffy's decisions needed to be respected and Sanji backed him up. While they were waiting for the apology, Zoro, Luffy and Sanji were all fighting while Chopper and Nami were trying to get them to acknowledge Usopp.

It wasn't just that Usopp needed to apologized, it was that the very first words out of his mouth needed to be an apology. So then the proceeded to pretend that they couldn't hear anything Usopp said before the apology, because they're still a bunch of softies deep down.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AkumaHokoru posted:

ahh yes you are at one of the better one piece moments.

Luffy the zombie screaming for meat is amazing

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Usopp vs Luffy is also fun in that it's not two evenly matched rivals but the strongest member of the crew fighting the weakest, the latter having to make use of every ounce of skill and cunning and knowledge of Luffy's fighting style. Usopp always has to struggle to keep up and that inspires him to greater heights.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I hope Wano has a fight involving all the Strawhats. Thriller Bark and that Pastafista on SA were great and we need a New World equivalent.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Chapter 699: "Morning Edition"

Daaaaaaaaamn Aokiji froze him the gently caress up. I guess he's not Aokiji anymore, huh? I gotta get used to calling him Kuzan. Oh wow, Doflamingo actually resigned!

Ooh, so Kidd's alliance is also aiming to take down a yonkou. I love Law trying to work with Luffy, this is great. Also there's no way Kin and Momo don't become crew members. They're even getting tragic backstories! Well, sort of. HOLD THE loving PHONE, BUGGY IS A GODDAMN WARLORD, OH MY GOD. Huh, "Fujitora"? Is he Aokiji's replacement? I wonder what his power is... Oh poo poo what, Doflamingo has Ace's fruit? How'd he get that?

Luffy fighting with an eight-year-old seems surprisingly appropriate. Uhh, Dressrosa has living dolls? Oh, they're toys. Ooh, old guy has some cool power! Is it the heavy heavy fruit?

Franky you're supposed to be in disguise, put some goddamn pants on! Huh, who is this old dude? Oh gently caress someone stole Zoro's sword, they're going to regret that SO hard. Colosseum arcs are always fun, yay tournaments. This Senor Pink dude looks fuckin weird. Dellinger looks cool though.

So when someone dies, their fruit appears somewhere? Well that would explain how that fruit suddenly appeared for the slime to eat, but I wonder how Caesar knew where it would appear... drat, this Violet lady is actually falling for Sanji?? Nah, she's probably just using him. Oh, she wants him to kill someone, yup. "Don't tell them your name" "okay, my name is Luf- Lucy" Boy there's a lotta characters getting introduced, hope I don't need to remember them all. Oh hey! Bellamy! I didn't think we'd see him again. I guess the last time we saw him, Doflamingo was beating him up... Hahahaha Luffy just wants to look cool in armor, this is great. This Cavendish guy is sparkly. Is he from a shoujo manga? Man, don't let Sanji meet this Rebecca lady. Also that statue guy sounds weird, if he was a success only 20 years ago, you'd think someone would remember him. Ohh, Rebecca wants to use ace's fruit to kill Doflamingo! I wonder if she'll wind up joining the crew? I could see Luffy eventually trusting her and giving it to her. Oh poo poo, a member of Blackbeard's crew!! I've been dying to see these guys in a real fight! Is he trying to get the fruit for Blackbeard? I wonder how many fruits he can "use" at once.

Oh man, a vice admiral has entered! Even though it's illegal for marines to be there... Ah, the old blind dude! Is he a marine too? His face looks kinda familiar, maybe sorta like a fat Kizaru? But his devil fruit seemed completely different so probably not. Ohhh it's Fujitora, the new Admiral! He seems like a nice dude! He's concerned about protecting the citizens, even of a country ruled by a pirate. Hahahaha I love Law's fake mustache. Oh man, CP-0? That's like, one above CP-9! Or maybe, nine above? Kinemon got found out fast, why didn't he make himself a better disguise?? Haha Momo turned the crew into his royal servants, he rules. Uh oh, is someone else on the ship?? Seems like they were singing along with Brook...

Bartolomeo? Why such a weird spelling? Just spell your name normal! He looks like a punk rocker, and with teeth like that it's no wonder he's a cannibal! I knew it was the same Bellamy from skypeia! What was his devil fruit again...? He bounced around or something, right? I wonder if he's gotten real strong now. Oh no, did he gently caress up the people of skypeia?! Seems like he stole the gold pillar, but hopefully he didn't hurt them...

Oh right, he was a spring man! Ooh, and this Hack guy is a friend of Jinbe! This old huge guy knew Garp! And totally got Luffy to reveal himself lmao. Daaaamn, that's one hard head! And wtf is Bart's fruit power, does he have a force field or something?

Welp, down went Hack. And drat, Bart is owning Bellamy, too. And here I thought Bellamy was going to be a big threat... Daaaamn king punch! Ohh, Bart is a barrier man!

I kinda like how Caesar is sorta just... Going along with the gang. I assume they have him in seastone cuffs, but it's funny nonetheless. He fits in surprisingly well with them! Yup, cuffs, except now Law has his heart so he can threaten him. Couldn't Caesar just knock Law out via air shenanigans and then take his heart back?

Uhhhh tiny people?? Liliputians? Or dwarfs, I guess. Oh my god has Usopp been saying he's a legendary hero? That motherfucker. Oh poo poo, Donquixote family is gunna attack the sunny?? gently caress ITS A TRAP, GODDAMN

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Please get to Zou onwards as fast as you can, it’s so good and seeing your reactions to that stuff will be amazing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ok One Piece you had a good run but you've peaked it has to be all downhill from here

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
It's not like there haven't been good hard counters in One Piece but that's easily the best one

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Kashuno posted:

ok One Piece you had a good run but you've peaked it has to be all downhill from here

Usopp is the best and he gets the coolest fights.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bartolomeu is the result of recursive transliteration. Funny thing is that his nickname is also a reference lost in translation; not referring to him having any verifiable history of eating human flesh, but that he's so obnoxious and annoying that being around him for an extended period of time feels like he's eating you alive.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
they are doing a one piece world seeker launch stream on the bandai namco us channel
https://www.twitch.tv/bandainamcous

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chapter's up

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/936/page/1

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

That smug look when Luffy uses his haki :unsmigghh:. It's becoming a weekly ritual to state but Wano owns.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
Luffy is looking buff as gently caress

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
big smile on my face the whole chapter

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

oddium posted:

( 🌞 Y 🌞 )

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oddium posted:

( 🌞 Y 🌞 )

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok the cuffs being completely irrelevant in the end is pretty funny.

EDIT: Wild theory time: Kawamatsu is Killer, Kid’s 1st mate.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 15, 2019

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RatHat posted:

Ok the cuffs being completely irrelevant in the end is pretty funny.

EDIT: Wild theory time: Kawamatsu is Killer, Kid’s 1st mate.

He said he ate rotten fish for 13 years that'd be weird.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Oh hey, it's that guy from Okami.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Of course we get a Benkei

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Of course we get a Benkei

I'm actually surprised we did, I thought Whitebeard was the parallel.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gonna interrupt with new chap talk with this

Add Oars to the straw hats

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

When I saw the title of the chapter I realized that I want the sumo frog to somehow appear.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 15, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ethiser posted:

When I saw the title of the chapter I realized I that I want the sumo frog to somehow appear.

Frog? No, Hippo.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
So that dude is based off of Benkei, but all I could see was Gilgamesh from FFV what with the the weapon collecting and fighting on a bridge! Hopefully they'll show more of that fight so I can play my favorite FF track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHbYIbleQP8

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Reiche posted:

So that dude is based off of Benkei, but all I could see was Gilgamesh from FFV what with the the weapon collecting and fighting on a bridge! Hopefully they'll show more of that fight so I can play my favorite FF track

same

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Reiche posted:

Gilgamesh is also based off Benkei :ssh:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

RatHat posted:

Gilgamesh is also based off Benkei :ssh:
Yeah I figured that much given the history they gave for Benkei but Gilgamesh is my favorite FF character too so I couldn't help myself

In other news, how in the gently caress did Sanji see Nami naked and not instantly explode into a fine red mist?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Reiche posted:

Yeah I figured that much given the history they gave for Benkei but Gilgamesh is my favorite FF character too so I couldn't help myself

In other news, how in the gently caress did Sanji see Nami naked and not instantly explode into a fine red mist?

Did you not see the river of blood

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Reiche posted:

He's used to Nami, probably. Funny that his dream of peeking in the women's baths ended up saving her shapely butt.

Stealth Black is a little odd for Sanji, but kinda fitting; he's always been one of the most low-key of the Straw Hats, down to being unrecognised in his first Wanted poster, and as far as most of the world knows he's the sharply dressed cook to a crew of freaks and weirdos. He's taken advantage of it and used cunning and strategy against foes like Crocodile, and is in general quite smart and savvy where women aren't involved. (and even sometimes when they are) And he's the one whose fighting style is the least obtrusive and yet extremely effective.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Way to be a creeper Sanji.

Oda's female form has gotten a little too weird honestly... Nami's silouette looked really off.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
luffy looks so loving cool , this is the best arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Radish posted:

Way to be a creeper Sanji.
Funny part is it's a public mixed bath, so going invisible was completely pointless.