Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

I love Brie's little smirk at the end of that Endgame trailer. I mean, the whole scene is just :3:.

I feel like I'm being a complete dunce here, but what are they trying to say in that scene? Captain Marvel just kinda stands there while Thor recalls his axe...? What am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Fart City posted:

Spider-Man: I have the proportional speed and strength of a spider, can crawl on walls, and have made my own webshooters.

Tony Stark: Dope. Here’s a suit with built-in glider wings, robot spider legs, a lethal defense mode, and an advanced AI companion built in.

Black Widow: I have good cardio.

Tony Stark: Here’s a motorcycle.

The Ultimates had a ton of dumb poo poo in it but I really liked Stark giving Natasha her own armor. I'd love if the movies weren't as slavish to the comic continuity and were more practical about "yeah I'm not going to let a bunch of my friends run around fist fighting people in street clothes when I have super advanced tech"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

The Ultimates had a ton of dumb poo poo in it but I really liked Stark giving Natasha her own armor. I'd love if the movies weren't as slavish to the comic continuity and were more practical about "yeah I'm not going to let a bunch of my friends run around fist fighting people in street clothes when I have super advanced tech"

it's not even a comics continuity thing, i remember widow having some electro gauntlets thing. i thought they would've introduced them in the movies by now

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Necrothatcher posted:

I feel like I'm being a complete dunce here, but what are they trying to say in that scene? Captain Marvel just kinda stands there while Thor recalls his axe...? What am I missing?

There's probably a "who is this person and why should we trust her" scene like with Vision in AOU, hence everyone doing big ol' intense staredowns.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

It was locked in a few days ago according to the Russos on Twitter.

Usually picture lock just means they're not changing the edit any more. They can still update the VFX right down to the wire - I worked on movie a few years ago that delivered final VFX shots the weekend before the premiere.

Though for the most part when it comes to trailers, usually we just get a list of what shots they want to use, and then scramble to figure out how to get them up to a usable level in time regardless of how far along they are.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
They should just make Black Widow into a female Solid Snake.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

They should just make Black Widow into a female Solid Snake.

give her snake's cool camo shifting suit from mgs4

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Necrothatcher posted:

He's trying to make her flinch

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brother Entropy posted:

it's not even a comics continuity thing, i remember widow having some electro gauntlets thing. i thought they would've introduced them in the movies by now

She did have like tasers on her wrists at some point(Was it Civil War?). Again, kinda useless against anyone that's not human/close to human.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Brother Entropy posted:

give her snake's cool camo shifting suit from mgs4

But this unironically. For being a spy she sure just does a lot of “run at dudes and toss out a hurricanrana.”

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm surprised at how many people are excited for End Game all of a sudden. The overwhelming opinion of Infinity War was that it had an incoherent storyline due to Thano's motivations not making any sense.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

It's no where near as cool / funny as when Vision picks up Thors hammer in my opinion.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

I said come in! posted:

It's no where near as cool / funny as when Vision picks up Thors hammer in my opinion.

It feels forced and lame.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

I'm surprised at how many people are excited for End Game all of a sudden. The overwhelming opinion of Infinity War was that it had an incoherent storyline due to Thano's motivations not making any sense.

A lot of people really liked Xfinity war and are looking forward to seeing the conclusion of the storyline with Fios

Similarly most people I know irl are saying Captain Marvel is pretty good but almost no one actually wanted it instead of seeing Endgame this month, it's more of a nice surprise or a "well I'm not doing anything else today" thing. I don't know anyone who wants to keep watching Marvel movies after it though we probably will anyway

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've had the shits ever since Thanos wiped out half my gut bacteria

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I've had the shits ever since Thanos wiped out half my gut bacteria

As all things should be

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fart City posted:

But this unironically. For being a spy she sure just does a lot of “run at dudes and toss out a hurricanrana.”

I was unironic :mad:

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

With what? Why would Brie Larson flinch, it's not like the axe is real?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

pospysyl posted:

With what? Why would Brie Larson flinch, it's not like the axe is real?

Are you serious?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thor isnt intimidating - just a regular dude. Of course Carol won't flinch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XB0-UFs1aI

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fart City posted:

Spider-Man: I have the proportional speed and strength of a spider, can crawl on walls, and have made my own webshooters.

Tony Stark: Dope. Here’s a suit with built-in glider wings, robot spider legs, a lethal defense mode, and an advanced AI companion built in.

Black Widow: I have good cardio.

Tony Stark: Here’s a motorcycle.

I mean you could make the argument her tron suit augments her strength, stamina, endurance, etc. How else is she keeping up with the others

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

I said come in! posted:

In general, almost every villain has a motivation that doesn't make sense. That's typically why they lose. Also you are forgetting the fact that everyone and their goddamn mother comes out of the woodwork to talk about how much smarter they are then the purple alien man. People fuckin LOVE being smarter than someone.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 14, 2019

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hans Gruber had a perfectly logical motivation. He lost because he fell out of a loving skyscraper.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

That wasn't my feeling at all. Maybe that's how it was on the forums but in general Infinity War was very well received. They pulled off a CGI villain and actually gave him a personality, something that was definitely not a forgone conclusion, and it ended on an extremely effective cliffhanger. I'm not surprised at all that the followup is highly anticipated.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

Are you serious?

I guess it's diegetically impressive that Larson knows how to distinguish between computer generated images and real objects when none of the other characters do, but that really says more about Thor than it does about her.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Basebf555 posted:

That wasn't my feeling at all. Maybe that's how it was on the forums but in general Infinity War was very well received. They pulled off a CGI villain, something that was definitely not a forgone conclusion, and it ended on an extremely effective cliffhanger. I'm not surprised at all that the followup is highly anticipated.

Right, if you watched most of the Marvel movies up to this point AND you watched Infinity War in theaters, you are almost a guaranteed seat ticket. What kind of crazy person stops right before the last episode of the season? What's interesting is that they've somehow managed to make the cliffhanger formula work whereas when it happens in other movies (Hobbit 2 comes to mind) it just pisses me off.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 14, 2019

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fart City posted:

Hans Gruber had a perfectly logical motivation. He lost because he fell out of a loving skyscraper.

Maybe Adrian Tombs in Spider-man: Homecoming should have sold his amazing Vulture suit design to make some money to feed his family.

quote is not edit :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

In general, almost every villain has a motivation that doesn't make sense.

what an intensely stupid idea

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Endgame could be Thanos farting into the camera for 2 hours and people would still go see it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe Adrian Tombs in Spider-man: Homecoming should have sold his amazing Vulture suit design to make some money to feed his family.

quote is not edit :(

Yeah but Hans Gruber can't afford the vulture suit until he gets those bearer bonds

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

RatHat posted:

Endgame could be Thanos farting into the camera for 2 hours and people would still go see it.

Can’t believe they found a new Warhol film after so long

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Brother Entropy posted:

what an intensely stupid idea

Yeah I'm not too proud of that one. However I have discovered that you can break down a lot of villains' motivations in such a way that makes them look stupid.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Yeah I'm not too proud of that one. However I have discovered that you can break down a lot of villains' motivations in such a way that makes them look stupid.

sounds like a boring way to consume media

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

This is the MCU. That’s like making a bicycle in your garage out of dumpster parts and trying to sell it to Huffy.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fart City posted:

This is the MCU. That’s like making a bicycle in your garage out of dumpster parts and trying to sell it to Huffy.

Iron Man 2 showed that there's definitely a market for people in flying supersuits. Given the timeline of the MCU it seems like a bunch of different countries should be rolling out Iron Man prototypes by now. It's been a really long time since Iron Man 1.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Iron Man 2 showed that there's definitely a market for people in flying supersuits. Given the timeline of the MCU it seems like a bunch of different countries should be rolling out Iron Man prototypes by now. It's been a really long time since Iron Man 1.

If Stark and Pym weren't so stingy with their tech, Earth in the MCU would probably be well on its way towards transitioning into a Type I civilization. Probably Type II actually.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Fart City posted:

Come now. He lost because he ran out of time.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Only thing I never understood about Hans plan is their exit strategy, I mean I get that they were gonna blow the roof as like a big distraction but then what? I'm sure there's a quick line or something that explains it but I don't remember.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

I said come in! posted:

Don't take this the wrong way, but: maybe take a break from the internet, or at least this forum. "Echo chamber" is the absolute nicest way to describe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

teagone posted:

If Stark and Pym weren't so stingy with their tech, Earth in the MCU would probably be well on its way towards transitioning into a Type I civilization. Probably Type II actually.

Wasn't the arc reactor from the first movie meant to do that? Nothing in these movies matters.