Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

No week shall threaten his everlasting climax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Would you say King Crimson has a better ability than The World?

Not even close

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

With the knowledge that DIO could eventually just stop time forever more than likely... nah.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It has a small angry face so yes

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

TheKingslayer posted:

With the knowledge that DIO could eventually just stop time forever more than likely... nah.

That's just because he's an immortal vampire, though. That power on a normal human, like Jotaro, only lets you stop time for about 2 seconds and it tires you out.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Correct. Except instead of a safe distance it's directly behind him to chop his shoulder in half.

Oh yeah that’s right. It’s been a while since I watched it, isn’t Bruno turned around when he appears on the other side of the pillar? How did that happen?

Xad posted:

That's just because he's an immortal vampire, though. That power on a normal human, like Jotaro, only lets you stop time for about 2 seconds and it tires you out.

I assume the boss is a regular human and not an immortal vampire but I found it interesting that he takes a more cautious approach to using his stand than Dio did. I realize their not exactly the same but the boss can’t afford to make mistakes the way Dio can. What defines the boss as a character so far is that he seems to be powerful, yet vulnerable like any human so he acts cautiously as Kira did, but unlike Kira he has ambitions for power, as Dio did. I wonder how he’ll come to terms with maintaining his “everlasting climax” while being mortal. Or I could be way off and he actually is a vampire or something.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 14, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Could King Crimson predictions see what happens in The World's frozen time? :thunk:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Arist posted:

Could King Crimson predictions see what happens in The World's frozen time? :thunk:

I guess that depends on if his fuckery would let him react like Star Platinum's did.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No because time isn't happening in The World. You'd actively and seemlessly see the after affects of all actions taken in a time freeze.

I.e. Roadroller teleports from street to bridge, but you wouldn't see what DIO did to find and pick it up.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No because time isn't happening in The World. You'd actively and seemlessly see the after affects of all actions taken in a time freeze.

I.e. Roadroller teleports from street to bridge, but you wouldn't see what DIO did to find and pick it up.

but then the boss could just skip over the timestop

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Time skipping isn't as useful as time stopping but the ability to see ten seconds into the future is insanely useful and would have guaranteed Dio's victory if he had it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Condiv posted:

but then the boss could just skip over the timestop

pretty much yeh

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I remember years ago seeing a fan made infographic explaining how the stands of the antagonists in parts 3-6 worked using film editing analogies. It was useful to understanding King Crimson back when the bad translation was the only thing available but that image is probably lost to time

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The boss probably wouldn’t necessarily be able to see what Dio is doing during the time stop but would be able to predict the results of the time stop, so he’d be like “oh a steamroller’s about to suddenly appear on top of me, I should do something about that” and erase it

So, like, DIO would be like “here it comes, my last timestop!” then suddenly be standing on top of a flaming steamroller panting, go “wait what the gently caress” then get a fist through his gut

BUT THAT’S JUST A THEORY!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It really depends on who gets theirs off first.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Couldn't they also just mindgames each other if they know how one another's stands work?

Like, if DIO knows how KC works he could just "wait" until the timeskip is over to stop time, but the boss wouldn't necessarily be able to tell the difference between "DIO standing still" and "DIO just waiting until KC timeskips to then immediately stop time and gently caress up the boss"

Conversely, the boss could ALSO just wait until he "sees" DIO stopping time using The World, and then skip past it/dodge

I feel like a fight between the two of them would just be a staredown until someone flinches

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

It really depends on who gets theirs off first.

Well that would be the boss, because he can see the future.

Pomplamoose posted:

Oh yeah that’s right. It’s been a while since I watched it, isn’t Bruno turned around when he appears on the other side of the pillar? How did that happen?

I assume that would be because Bruno turned around.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 14, 2019

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

KC hard counters the world because of prediction and skipping the stopped time. The most likely scenario is they don't know each other's abilities, KC can see the enemy's abilities before they happen and they don't know that, and Dio uses stopped time to try to chump out the boss but his stopped time ability is nullified by skipped time.

KC could even be aggressive against the world even if Dio knows KC's ability because the skipped time can disorient the opponent and crush them before they have a chance to try to activate the world if they managed to not activate the world during the skipped time.

The Boss could still lose because the Boss apparently has tons of hubris and will explain his ability to a victim even though he hasn't actually killed the victim yet which Dio could take advantage of heavily. Narratively Bruno was only able to escape because of the boss's overconfidence. To be fair normally someone should die if you punch a hole through their abdomen.

Part 3 Dio is way more cautious than the Boss was to Bruno, although he still played with his food and didn't just immediately chump his opponents. To be fair, Dio might've wanted to still try to recruit someone from the stardust crusaders instead of just immediately chumping everyone.

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 14, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well that would be the boss, because he can see the future.

But can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
But the Boss can't hurt anyone in skipped time, whereas DIO can kill in stopped time. If DIO gets The World off first he finishes the Boss with a gut punch instantly, if the Boss gets King Crimson off first then all he can really do is look at DIO and wait for the skipped time to end at which point DIO gets another chance to stop time and off him with a gut punch.

Also, DIO is a magic vampire.

The only thing the Boss has going for him is that his stand ability is drat near impossible to figure out, except he would probably explain it to DIO because he's a dumbass.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

And DIO is of course much harder to kill than regular ol people

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Can the boss repeat his time skips in a chain? If so then all he has to do is get DIO outside or, potentially, near a window.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nessus posted:

Can the boss repeat his time skips in a chain? If so then all he has to do is get DIO outside or, potentially, near a window.

DIO didn't, so I guess I would assume he can't by the same token?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tetracube posted:

But the Boss can't hurt anyone in skipped time, whereas DIO can kill in stopped time. If DIO gets The World off first he finishes the Boss with a gut punch instantly, if the Boss gets King Crimson off first then all he can really do is look at DIO and wait for the skipped time to end at which point DIO gets another chance to stop time and off him with a gut punch.

Also, DIO is a magic vampire.

The only thing the Boss has going for him is that his stand ability is drat near impossible to figure out, except he would probably explain it to DIO because he's a dumbass.

But he can't get the world off first. The Boss will see it happen.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they would be evenly matched but then killer queen would have already touched something in the environment

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MonsterEnvy posted:

But he can't get the world off first. The Boss will see it happen.

doesn't matter because the boss won't be able to kill him during skipped time, and then the minute it ends DIO will know that something's fucky and immediately stop time and punch a hole through him

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tetracube posted:

doesn't matter because the boss won't be able to kill him during skipped time, and then the minute it ends DIO will know that something's fucky and immediately stop time and punch a hole through him

Correct!

The World doesn't need to be activated before the Boss can erase time, it needs to be activated immediately afterwards

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All these silly stands, and still no one can beat Ultimate Kars in a straight fight. Sondheim

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The english version of the new OP has been out there like all day for those that want to give it a listen.

I'm not, I'm gonna wait for the episode.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Tetracube posted:

But the Boss can't hurt anyone in skipped time,

Do we know this for sure? I thought he chopped trish’s hand off during the time skip in the elevator. Maybe he just didn’t get a chance to line up a fatal blow within the later skipped time periods in his fight against Bruno.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RubberLuffy posted:

The english version of the new OP has been out there like all day for those that want to give it a listen.

I'm not, I'm gonna wait for the episode.

How?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Its all over YouTube, so I guess be alert for spoilers on YT!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I'm gonna wait for the J version with visuals for my first impression of the op. I'm sure I'll be like yeah this is good I guess before listening to it 100 more times and loving it like always.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im listening to it right now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if it had visuals with it i'd maybe watch it but i can hold on for a few more hours to see the full thing tomorrow and not just listen to the song

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Expect My Mom posted:

they would be evenly matched but then killer queen would have already touched something in the environment

Yeah, but the boss could foresee himself blow up and avoid touching the thing or just skip past the explosion.

But could he skip over Bites The Dust activating?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I just think that The World might be the only "blind spot" King Crimson has. Like, if the Boss goes for a time skip, but within the timeskip there's a timestop, then the Boss wouldn't see what happened during the timeskip, but the result of it. If there's nothing to erase, cause time is still, KC can't erase it. So I guess the Boss would be suprised by whatever bullshit The World users can come up with, but in the end if he can deal with the result he'd be fine.

DIO would straight up murder the motherfucker during time skip tho. Or just throw a ton of knives at him so the Boss is like "hum de dum time skippin time ski~NANI? WHERE DID ALL THESE KNIVES COME FROM?" and now he has to dodge like 40 knives before the time skip ends.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm actually kinda the opposite. I loved the Hunter Exam, but none of the arcs since have really clicked with me and I either stopped paying attention or stopped watching until the next arc.

I felt the same way, for what it's worth. The Hunter Exam was fun and enjoyable and the rest of the series gets increasingly bleak, which just isn't what I like in media. On top of that, the arcs feel almost, disjointed from each other in a way? It doesn't feel like they're gradually progressing towards any particular goal over the course of the series. Admittedly I lost steam towards the end of the Chimera Ant arc and I know that in the next one they actually do find Ging, so maybe that would have got my interest back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I also don't like Nen. I know it's just like basically Stands, but it takes an entire arc of overexplaining it really badly to actually get to that point and I was just turned off from it ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My main issue with Hunter x Hunter was that a lot of it just felt pointlessly mean-spirited.