Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

Mejia probably should get the job but he could legitimately use more defensive work and even with Manny I doubt the Dads feel like they gotta go whole hog on trying to win it all this year. I would be surprised if he didn't get a call up this year but who knows when it'll come.

He was in my queue but went in the 20th, which is late but was still too soon for me given that I plan on leaving Willians in the lineup every day for the entire season now even if he doesn't play, since any other C option will likely be a net negative for every stat.

Shoot me an email when you can about my league. Draft is Sat the 23rd at 11am PT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

fawning deference posted:

Shoot me an email when you can about my league. Draft is Sat the 23rd at 11am PT.

Yeah, was gonna shoot one when I got home from work, but the 23rd is pretty much the only weekend this month I can't be around for a draft, so I gotta bow out.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, was gonna shoot one when I got home from work, but the 23rd is pretty much the only weekend this month I can't be around for a draft, so I gotta bow out.

Ah drat OK

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Inspector_666 posted:

Mejia probably should get the job but he could legitimately use more defensive work and even with Manny I doubt the Dads feel like they gotta go whole hog on trying to win it all this year. I would be surprised if he didn't get a call up this year but who knows when it'll come.

He was in my queue but went in the 20th, which is late but was still too soon for me given that I plan on leaving Willians in the lineup every day for the entire season now even if he doesn't play, since any other C option will likely be a net negative for every stat.

It feels like this year more than others its important to grab a good catcher. I've been targeting JT, Grandal and Yadi in my drafts.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
In just about every real or mock draft I do, someone has reached for Realmuto. Anything inside the top 50 for me is too early. I'd start thinking about him in the 60s.

I like where Yadi/Ramos go. And Wellington Castillo if I miss out on them.

The guy who took Realmuto passed on players like Eugenio Suarez and Corey Seager in the end of the 4th, and took Jonathan Schoop in the 13th.

I took Joey Votto in the 4th and Wilson Ramos in the 13th. I think I'd still rather have those two.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Simpsons Reference posted:

In just about every real or mock draft I do, someone has reached for Realmuto. Anything inside the top 50 for me is too early. I'd start thinking about him in the 60s.

I like where Yadi/Ramos go. And Wellington Castillo if I miss out on them.

The guy who took Realmuto passed on players like Eugenio Suarez and Corey Seager in the end of the 4th, and took Jonathan Schoop in the 13th.

I took Joey Votto in the 4th and Wilson Ramos in the 13th. I think I'd still rather have those two.

I got Realmuto at 66 and 76 in the 2 leagues I own him. Other leagues I got Grandal in the 135-155 range and Yadi around 150.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm stupid and I don't know how to do that screenshot thing, so here is my team that I drafted today. It's a 12 team roto league with the standard 5x5 categories. I've been offered Javy Baez for Machado and unsure if I should take it.

C- Realmuto
1B- Hoskins
2B- Shaw
3B- Machado
SS- Trea Turner
OF- Eddie Rosario
OF- Castellanos
OF- Schwarber (points to av)
UTL- Matt Olson
UTL- Rougned Odor
BN- Yuri Gurriel
BN_ Jake Bauers
BN- Nick Markakis

SP- Blake Snell
SP- Jack Flahrety
RP- Alex Colome
RP- Will Smith
P- Mike Clevenger
P- Cole Hamels
P- Mike Fiers
P- Jon Gray
BN- Chacin
BN- Chad Greene

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Your Taint posted:

I'm stupid and I don't know how to do that screenshot thing, so here is my team that I drafted today. It's a 12 team roto league with the standard 5x5 categories. I've been offered Javy Baez for Machado and unsure if I should take it.

I would keep Machado over Baez. Nice team.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
In a league that has XBH and OPS for scoring, would you rather keep Jose Altuve or Kris Bryant?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Someone wants to give me Schoop for my Devers. Seems like a fairly lateral move, but Villar is my only 2B eligible player whereas I have 3 3B eligible players (Suarez, Profar, and Devers). So I'm leaning yes simply because of that.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

coronaball posted:

Someone wants to give me Schoop for my Devers. Seems like a fairly lateral move, but Villar is my only 2B eligible player whereas I have 3 3B eligible players (Suarez, Profar, and Devers). So I'm leaning yes simply because of that.

Schoop has been a better hitter so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a better hitter in 2019. OTOH Devers is just 22 and was a top prospect. Think it's fair to say his ceiling is higher. I think in a vacuum I'd rather have Devers, but it's not a horrible trade.

FWIW Devers seems to be going around pick 140-160 in redraft, while Schoop is being drafted in the 180-190 range.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Devers

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'd still love to do a redraft cash league with some of you goons. Thinking about the weekend of the 23rd/24th, because drafting early sucks, and who cares about the Japan games. If no one's interested, no biggie, I'm gonna do 3 or 4 pro leagues anyway, but it'd be fun to play against you guys.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I’d be interested if it’s 5x5 roto.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I’d be in for a draft the night of the 24th.

E: but not on espn

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
12 team 4x4 roto (R, RBI, SB, OPS | IP, ERA, WHIP, K)
Would you rather have Corey Seager at $12 or German Marquez at $9?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Inspector_666 posted:

We are moving it to Sun the 24th. Still no good?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/1106627762348089349

Bregor
May 31, 2013

ChiTownEddie posted:

Marquez

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

fawning deference posted:

We are moving it to Sun the 24th. Still no good?

That whole weekend is pretty booked up :(

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

ChiTownEddie posted:

I'd rather have Seager.

What are we doing with Andrew Heaney? Hold or pick up someone like Wacha or Stroman?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I like Heaney but I think his ceiling is #2/3 starter and a 3.5 ERA . If he's on the DL IL to start the season I think he's a safe drop in shallower leagues, but I'd hold if I could.

I'll pass on Stroman who doesnt strike anyone out and pitches in the AL East. Don't know enough about Wacha to have an opinion

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Simpsons Reference posted:

What are we doing with Andrew Heaney? Hold or pick up someone like Wacha or Stroman?

I still have Heaney above both those guys, stash him on IL if you can. In most 12-team leagues Wacha and Stroman are streaming territory.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
How are we feeling about Trevor Bauer this year?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_american_dream posted:

He is a piece of poo poo but he pitches well.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Very good. He keeps refining his pitches and I think he’s got a higher ceiling than the SPs going around him.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Not a big fan from a fantasy perspective at least. Although if I drafted him last year where he went, I would have been

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Not a fan of the person, but would absolutely draft the pitcher in the appropriate round if he was there at my pick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

There are four spots available in the Fire and Forget league, if anyone would like to join. Draft is at 2PM Central on Sunday. It's a twelve team roto.

Roster and Scoring:

For those unaware, the Fire and Forget league is a league where your team is locked after the draft and you just hope you did a good job. Last year came down to the wire as our eventual winner ran out of innings with a couple weeks to go and only barely held on as the teams behind him kept accumulating pitching stats.

Positions are capped at 162 games apiece and pitching is 1400 total innings, which I think most teams didn't really come up against.

PM me or drop your e-mail in here and I will send you an invite.

Still looking for a couple people for this league, we moved the draft to Monday night at 7:30 central to not conflict with another league/people's weekend plans

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Can I not transfer teams to a new owner once it is converted to cash league??

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffFletcherOCR/status/1107327563007823872

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Happy with my team in Your Taint's keeper league. Pick 8 of 12

Scoring settings

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
My team, same league as above. Tell me how bad I suck.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 17, 2019

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Your Taint posted:

Aaaaaand here's mine. probably should mention it's 12 team H2h 7x7 with OBP, SLG, K/bb and OBPA.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Your Taint posted:

needs more schwarber

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

needs more schwarber

:laugh:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Very happy with all the people buying in on Buxton again this year. We're going to all be posting Buston when he's hitting .181 in May.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

IcePhoenix posted:

needs more schwarber

:(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I added Voit via the auction to my kept Sanchez and Judge so I am a huge Yankees fan this season. Dunno how to feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

IcePhoenix posted:

Still looking for a couple people for this league, we moved the draft to Monday night at 7:30 central to not conflict with another league/people's weekend plans

Hopped on this, thanks IcePhoenix!