Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Schwarzwald posted:

Same with Mottom's hubby, who was also killed with someone without a key.
Though to be fair I'm pretty sure Mottom murdered him in his sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

To be fair that "well equipped army" is primarily made up of hick children who took the first possible chance to escape grinding poverty and are, in an individual level, even less qualified than the other guys

Last time I checked the stats this is a myth. The army is like 80℅ middleclass suburb dwellers or higher.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

JT Jag posted:

Though to be fair I'm pretty sure Mottom murdered him in his sleep

More the point: strong as gently caress, but still gotta sleep.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Also he didn't actually die.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Last time I checked the stats this is a myth. The army is like 80℅ middleclass suburb dwellers or higher.

Can anecdotally confirm, I know a shitload of otherwise well off middle class suburban kids who ended up joining the military because they just hosed around in school and by the time adulthood came they weren't prepared to handle it and had to go find surrogate parents.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
the trope of the military exploiting poor people who come from lovely circumstances (not just hicks either, plenty of folks from urban centers) is absolutely founded in reality

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
yeah, when they had trouble filling the draft quotas for vietnam the head guy in charge of everything decided to drastically lower the requirements and ignore all the people in the field pleading to send these poor kids home before they died or hurt somebody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J2VwFDV4-g

and surprise! we did the same thing in afghanistan and iraq! we're probably still doing it to this day. :patriot:

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
iq is the only thing in this universe that is truly fake

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
your mothers orgasms being a close second

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

make mockery posted:

iq is the only thing in this universe that is truly fake

while i agree with you, by "low-iq" he means grown men who could not be taught how to tie their own shoes.

watch the video. it's heartbreaking.

and she faked them for your sake you ingrate.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
i know what i said

e: i dont dispute that we send incompetents to die and kill for the rich tho, thats 100% true, i just hate the idea of iq

make mockery fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 14, 2019

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
i know this comic is all about violence and fools but foolishness is v different from being disabled

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
zoss didnt mean to give allison the key originally and was rather surprised at the outcome actually

he instantaneously realized the most royal move would be to just let the gently caress go of "plans" and see what happens

e: if i quadpost the time-traveling sniper stationed a couple blocks down will eliminate me instantly, but i just realized that intra used an underflow exploit in reality

make mockery fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 14, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
IQ is about the least royal thing out there.

Also, the US military in relative peacetime has fairly high standards (e.g. clean records, already physically fit, high school diploma minimum) but during wartime those standards drop due to needing more bodies and fewer people thinking it's a good idea to join up. My experience with vets is that they run the gamut of society, with the exception that you don't see many people from the 90th percentile up- especially not as enlisted.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
These are all trivial matters beneath those who shape reality itself on a whim.

Not correct? Don't change your opinion, reshape reality so your opinion was always correct.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013
lol @ Solomon thinking he can boss around this gaggle of maniacs.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Boron_the_Moron posted:

lol @ Solomon thinking he can boss around this gaggle of maniacs.

Real mfn pride hours is thinking that your muscle mass is enough to herd a bunch of insane cats that all want to kill you

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

DancingShade posted:

These are all trivial matters beneath those who shape reality itself on a whim.

Not correct? Don't change your opinion, reshape reality so your opinion was always correct.

i feel like giving a poo poo about having been incorrect is not a royal move

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

make mockery posted:

the trope of the military exploiting poor people who come from lovely circumstances (not just hicks either, plenty of folks from urban centers) is absolutely founded in reality
IIRC, that's only true in that like about 1/4 of soldiers surveyed said they joined up because "free college/healthcare". Otherwise, it really is mostly the middle 60% of the socio-economic population.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I think you're not quite seeing the picture that a quarter of the median-income US population is willing to get shot at by jihadists cause that's their best shot at ever affording school and healthcare

what's a word for people who can't afford to see a teacher or doctor?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 14, 2019

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
american

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
capitalism

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

make mockery posted:

zoss didnt mean to give allison the key originally and was rather surprised at the outcome actually

How are you getting this reading?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I mean, that dumb helmet probably made it really hard to see who he was shoving the key into. I mean, the eye holes were nowhere near where his eyes were!

Also he had no head when he did it. That also makes it hard to see.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Bilirubin posted:

How are you getting this reading?

He DID kind of get his head lopped off just before he could do it, and Zaid had just been kidnapped. So... Maybe? It's also a possibility that Allison was always the intended heir and Zaid was always a decoy.

All the explanations for WHY Allison was chosen, independent of whether she is or isn't now the actual heir, are equally valid because we just don't have enough information from Zoss. From his few appearances, he seems to suggest that Allison is indeed the heir now - but we don't have any idea if that was always true. Seems like that's something we'll get revealed in time.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
like you know this really wasnt the intended result but so far shes hacking it pretty well and its not like the last guy to hold the job was well-vetted in any sense not involving the direct application of violence, so how much worse can this be

but also im not married to the theory ive just decided its totally viable

(the last guy was extremely thoroughly vetted wrt the specific capacity to apply violence)

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I think you're not quite seeing the picture that a quarter of the median-income US population is willing to get shot at by jihadists cause that's their best shot at ever affording school and healthcare

what's a word for people who can't afford to see a teacher or doctor?
That's not 1/4 of the population, that's 1/4 of the Army. The rest of the problem remains, though, that "Take a bullet for your country, and we'll give you healthcare and college" should not be such an effective draw. And the word is probably precariat.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

soldad owns and it's going to own even more when he breaks trying to comprehend how a 20something who has no idea what she's doing somehow clowned on him

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

oh my god I just realized.

This is the shape of the Wheel.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
that exact pic of Solomon is a goddamn masterstroke

basically they're all the exact correct pic except maybe mottom and what's her name, coke or w/e

grandpa dog really could go for some mcds even tho he has plenty of food back at the infinite vaults

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
he forgot about the vault food

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

make mockery posted:

he forgot about the vault food

Those chocolate biscuits are for the biscuit jar, they're not for eating.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013
It also just occurred to me that Jadis is quite near the troll corner of that chart.

I have no idea what that could mean, but it feels important, given recent discussions.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Boron_the_Moron posted:

It also just occurred to me that Jadis is quite near the troll corner of that chart.

I have no idea what that could mean, but it feels important, given recent discussions.

Just imagine how insufferable a know-it-all who literally knows it all must be.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Those chocolate biscuits are for the biscuit jar, they're not for eating.

Don't give chocolate to the keeper of the word Tower, it'll make him sick

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Emrikol posted:

Just imagine how insufferable a know-it-all who literally knows it all must be.

She knew she was going to get coffee since before they asked.

She knew that would be her only order.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Drunk Granny is here!

hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yesss more Maya backstory. Meti looks even more like a proper Diogenes in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Lift The Gods And Bench Their Thrones