Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/IEarths/status/1099157158518611968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure I appreciate the spoiler, but having seen it I do appreciate Scarface!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Finally, I was really bummed about this guy not appearing. Especially when mob-stuff came back into the scene, that'd have been perfect for him.

How much you wanna bet Penguin will him too? That'd be a great running gag, they keep bringing in Batman villains not yet seen in the show and Penguin kills them off by the end of the episode.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Huh, I recognized one of the derelict buildings in one of the cityscape flybys.

It has come to internet fame for this mural a while back.
That little blob of concrete is hanging on to the rebar for dear life it seems.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

We gonna get Killer Croc?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Scarface/ventriloquist was one of my very favorite BTAS bits

This guy is a perfect dummy

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if that was the plan for Mr Pen or they just realized after the fact that his nebbishment was perfect for the role.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

muscles like this! posted:

I wonder if that was the plan for Mr Pen or they just realized after the fact that his nebbishment was perfect for the role.

I always thpught he would be calculator

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A little sad we'll never see Clock King

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Both Calculator and Clock King were on Arrow.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is the first thing that's making me maybe interested in getting stuck in the arrowverse

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Kind of a lame Croc.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'm seeing double. Four Barbaras!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

hosed up, Ed.

hosed up, Bullock.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 1, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, seriously Bruce needs a goddamn haircut.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I wanted more Scarface! :argh:

SyRauk fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 1, 2019

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

The Bloop posted:

This is the first thing that's making me maybe interested in getting stuck in the arrowverse

Does it make you more or less interested to learn that Calculator is the Green Arrow's father-in-law

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 1, 2019

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

In the comics, Jane Doe wasn't just "Clayface but female" was she? I feel like they tied up that story line just when it was getting interesting. The Scarface line was fun, Brufred's was nonsensical, and Harvey's was rushed.

Admittedly, I was surprised they didn't drop a one off "His name was Waylon" line as they were wrapping up the sewer fun and games.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bbf2 posted:

Does it make you more or less interested to learn that Calculator is the Green Arrow's father-in-law

I don't give a poo poo about Calculator. I just loved Clock King's appearance in BtAS

Shrinking universes are bad though, in general

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

hatelull posted:

In the comics, Jane Doe wasn't just "Clayface but female" was she?
No, she actually had to handcraft skin suits, but of course that takes a long-rear end time to get all the details right so it'd be hard to do for the show.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

TheLoneStar posted:

No, she actually had to handcraft skin suits, but of course that takes a long-rear end time to get all the details right so it'd be hard to do for the show.

Ah. I guess that's why they added the bit about she sheds their faces after a certain amount of time. A call back to the original character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe I missed something but it sure looks like a lot of time passed between episodes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no

In Gotham he'd have been better off getting it in the head. More survivable

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Should have brought back Chiklis to be the judge.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also, don't know if people saw but this episode was directed by Erin Richards (Barbara.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JIM GORDON YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY

Edit: "Did you just say 'people, ugh'?"

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 8, 2019

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Also, don't know if people saw but this episode was directed by Erin Richards (Barbara.)

And written by Ben McKenzie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

JIM GORDON YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY

Edit: "Did you just say 'people, ugh'?"

Bruce's hair.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Mrs. Ivy Pepper-Zsasz :allears:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Really hope that’s not a series wrap on Zsasz. He was good in it but it would be a shame if his final appearance was one where he was mind controlled the whole time

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

McPhearson posted:

Mrs. Ivy Pepper-Zsasz :allears:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Have Barbara and Penguin just been hanging out together for a month while Ed builds a submarine by hand? :allears:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Will the submarine cart around a giant iceberg to give it that penguin look?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

bbf2 posted:

Really hope that’s not a series wrap on Zsasz. He was good in it but it would be a shame if his final appearance was one where he was mind controlled the whole time
I'm just glad he appeared again at all. I kind of thought his last appearance was his last hurrah.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Where's my dumb comic show? :argh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Where's my dumb comic show? :argh:

In the fuuuuuture

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nothing makes me enjoy this show more than seeing Oswalt get punched, shot, or otherwise abused.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

nooneofconsequence posted:

And written by Ben McKenzie.

Hey, good for him for getting a writing credit and for Richards getting to direct. I always approve of actors branching out to write and direct, and it's these types of fairly long-running shows that seem to give them solid chances to do so. I remember Jeffrey Donovan directing a decent number of Burn Notice episodes for instance, including the special mini-movie thing they did for that show. And of course there's plenty of examples of actors in Star Trek: TNG getting to direct that show.

McKenzie gets bonus credit from me due to my guilty pleasure enjoyment of the OC in my youth, loving him on Southland, and stepping in as a writer when usually I see actors step in as directors. Nice to see him go in that direction, and as a fan of his in general it gives me some hope that he'll come up with a nice screenplay and auteur it up as a writer/director/actor in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He also wrote the episode where Bruce and Ra's face off in the museum and Ra's totally murders a little kid in front of Bruce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I just started season 1. Is there anything universally terrible that I should skip?