Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

bawfuls posted:

"Will Bernie Run?" just paid out so I'm armed and ready for primary season. What are people playing near-term before the rollercoaster of the main primary market really gets going?

I'm going the "why would anything good happen" route and betting on Harris with Bernie not making it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

im on the net me boys posted:

I'm going the "why would anything good happen" route and betting on Harris with Bernie not making it

Why would you bet on any of the four dozen people running at this ridiculously early point rather than just betting against him then

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Fuschia tude posted:

Why would you bet on any of the four dozen people running at this ridiculously early point rather than just betting against him then

Feeling lucky

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the move this early is to play the swings of the clowncar field

every time someone announces, they get a bump

much like the GOP primary last time around, several different candidates will surge and wane at various times

you can make a killing playing those swings if you're on it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

good luck lol

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They're getting rid of the legacy website so now I have to use the garbage new UI

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

everyone needs to email them and tell them not shut down legacy until they have an acceptable v2

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

man if this is the level of the average PI player i should really start trading again

The average PI player is even worse but the average PI $ is much, much, much smarter.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Anyone else ready to relive 2015?

https://www.predictit.org/legacy/Contract/7717/Will-Joe-Biden-run-for-president-in-2020

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I maxed no on Hickenlooper and Brown so I'm doing well so far.

I also have $131 on HRC running though so some of that profit is probably going to disappear.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

They just added Yang to the Dem Presidential Primary market. Negative risk hoarders can presently pick up Yang No for only 93c!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
So since they'll add Yang but not Gabbard or anyone else that's declared, does that mean it's not a "locked" market (which is a really dumb hardstance regardless)?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Joe Man posted:

So since they'll add Yang but not Gabbard or anyone else that's declared, does that mean it's not a "locked" market (which is a really dumb hardstance regardless)?

I don't know what that means but I expect them to add some of the other candidates at some point.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
It means that since they created the market so early, they said it was unfair or something to current investors for them to add any newly declared candidates after market creation...which would make for an extremely boring betting season. Adding Yang's a good sign; I just hope they keep up with also updating the rest of the relevant markets.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Joe Man posted:

It means that since they created the market so early, they said it was unfair or something to current investors for them to add any newly declared candidates after market creation...which would make for an extremely boring betting season. Adding Yang's a good sign; I just hope they keep up with also updating the rest of the relevant markets.

Where did they say that? That it was unfair to current investors or whatever.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

yeah that sounds like a dumb complaint from people who’re new to the site

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Biden No available for 9c. Apparently he's pushing back any launch until "after Easter" and is considering a "one-term pledge."

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Biden No available for 9c. Apparently he's pushing back any launch until "after Easter" and is considering a "one-term pledge."
these all seem like indicators he's still gonna do it tho

i'm in that market but i can't bring myself to dive in deeper even at 9c

i'm just not sure he can resist the sirens call of all those polls showing him in the lead

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bawfuls posted:

these all seem like indicators he's still gonna do it tho

i'm in that market but i can't bring myself to dive in deeper even at 9c

i'm just not sure he can resist the sirens call of all those polls showing him in the lead

This is like the fifth time he's pushed back the launch date, which is similar to his endless foot-dragging in 2016. I don't think that's a good indicator for a launch. The rest reads like someone trying to come to terms with a lot of criticism. Biden seems painfully aware of his weaknesses.

Anyway, he could definitely still run at any moment, but for 9c I'm on the "let's just do it and be legends" train.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

yeah that's fair, I guess I have such a low opinion of him and his self-awareness that I'm jaded, but patterning off his 2016 behavior makes sense

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

im deep into biden no and i hope that whatever is most humiliating for him happens, regardless of my position

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

define deep? and your reasoning?

what else are you into?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

what else are you into?

I don't know about that guy but I'm 4,000 shares deep on Biden Run No, some purchased for as little as 4c (bulk at 9c). Might start selling off a bit if the price keeps rising, it's in the 15c range and almost no one is buying yes anymore.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

"let's just do it and be legends"

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Abel Wingnut posted:

what else are you into?

350 shares. i barely play predictit and basically just went in on this because it was at 10 cents. im not in anything else except shorting democratic candidates who will not win and some tromp as rep nominee yes shares. my total investment in predictit is <$50 and i lack the attention span to put in more effort than this

my reasoning is that biden will not ever be president, he knows this, and i either get to watch him run and be humiliated or i get $350. thus, zero risk

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just wanna say you're doing God's work trolling the comment section, Vox.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

CassandraZara posted:

Just wanna say you're doing God's work trolling the comment section, Vox.

It's been fun, but god I wish I had just pushed all-in below 10c.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally took my profit at 40c, average buy-in of 11. Gonna play the yo-yo a bit but I think he's more determined to run than ever.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

CassandraZara posted:

Finally took my profit at 40c, average buy-in of 11. Gonna play the yo-yo a bit but I think he's more determined to run than ever.

Smart move.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is definitely addictive. I've basically made more than my day job this year so far just by taking the long-shot position on whether X candidate runs, even if Hillary and Oprah decide not to run.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

CassandraZara posted:

This is definitely addictive. I've basically made more than my day job this year so far just by taking the long-shot position on whether X candidate runs, even if Hillary and Oprah decide not to run.

Flipping 1c shares up to 3c or something thereabouts?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Biden is set to announce Thursday. I sold all my old No shares ages ago, but my God he's such a coward.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'll lose about sixty bucks when biden announces. Sucks that this egotistical idiot who won't be the nom will also take my money

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

i say swears online posted:

I'll lose about sixty bucks when biden announces. Sucks that this egotistical idiot who won't be the nom will also take my money
$50 here, goondolences

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

seeing this thread:

Will Marianne WIlliamson participate in the June debate? is at 84c, even though she has already qualified. Comments suggest risk is that she'll be booted out if more than 20 candidates qualify. What do you think?

platzapS has issued a correction as of 06:03 on May 13, 2019

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

platzapS posted:

seeing this thread:

Will Marianne WIlliamson participate in the June debate? is at 84c, even though she has already qualified. Comments suggest risk is that she'll be booted out if more than 20 candidates qualify. What do you think?

it's a fair price

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
Wish there was a market on Justin Amash holding his seat in Congress. It would be a good way to turn free money into more free money.

Merlot Brougham has issued a correction as of 08:34 on Jun 29, 2019

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Going short on the U.S. economy. It seems that as everybody of note is becoming interventionist, the margin of somebody making a mistake should go up. Morgan Stanley chances this at 15% in 2019. (Could it be Europe?) Going to build on this position, and make dollars.

platzapS posted:

seeing this thread:

goongrats if tru

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Man Musk posted:

goongrats if tru

I actually cashed out (down ~10%) because I'm a coward. Every one of you who remains is a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Feeling good about those second debate markets right now. Got some Bernie biggest gainer at 9c, and Biden biggest loser was an easy call when the lineups came out.