Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Once they got to the bathhouse it was only a matter of time before someone's towel came off.

Can't wait to see Luffy completely clown on everyone and then break the slave collar by flexing his neck with haki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The little detail of X-Drake being weak to women was definitely amusing. I expect to a fight between him and Sanji since the traits are starting to parallel.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

DizzyBum posted:

Once they got to the bathhouse it was only a matter of time before someone's towel came off.

Can't wait to see Luffy completely clown on everyone and then break the slave collar by flexing his neck with haki.

Luffy’s new form...Neckman.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Armament Haki would be ideal for breaking the neck collar's blades, wouldn't it?

Luffy's Devil Fruit is unique and powerful in some ways in that it works so well when directly buffed by his physical attributes, especially Armament Haki, in a way that most Devil Fruit users wouldn't be able to take advantage of. (but weapons users like Zoro would)

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
good thing oda has built up so much good will because the bathhouse thing was straight out of a mediocre harem shounen

also luffy is rubber why cant he just pull his head through the collar

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

AfroGunsou posted:

good thing oda has built up so much good will because the bathhouse thing was straight out of a mediocre harem shounen

Because you can puncture rubber? It's pretty easy to do you see

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Because you can puncture rubber? It's pretty easy to do you see

The talons dont come out unless you leave the ring, its just a regular collar otherwise

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Because grandpa would still be in danger. Plus it seems pretty obvious that Luffy isn't really threatened right now

Also there's nothing stopping Queen from
lying and there's a way to trigger them manually

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

ah so its a mystery collar

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Queen said trying to take them off makes them work

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Too bad for these idiots Rayleigh taugh Luffy his secret collar removal technique

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Too bad for these idiots Rayleigh taugh Luffy his secret collar removal technique

The mythical fourth colour: The Colour of Collar Removal.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The blades just shattering on Luffy's neck would have an amazing response we can all agree though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ChaseSP posted:

The blades just shattering on Luffy's neck would have an amazing response we can all agree though.

the blades are seastone

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think that Queen doesn't have a fruit, and is a Franky-esque cyborg instead. I noticed that one of his forearms is full-on mechanical and the way he uses these collars makes me more suspicious about it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AfroGunsou posted:

I was expecting it to happen last chapter and when it didn't I was hoping that meant Sanji was doing something else instead.

Sanji Sucks

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Reiche posted:

So that dude is based off of Benkei, but all I could see was Gilgamesh from FFV what with the the weapon collecting and fighting on a bridge! Hopefully they'll show more of that fight so I can play my favorite FF track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHbYIbleQP8

:cool::respek::cool:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

the blades are seastone

Luffy's got haki, though, and we saw this chapter that he can use it to considerable effect with the collar on. Nothing seastone does about that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

Luffy's got haki, though, and we saw this chapter that he can use it to considerable effect with the collar on. Nothing seastone does about that.

Uhh yes it does. It weakened him and prevented his concentration to use Haki.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Begemot posted:

I think that Queen doesn't have a fruit, and is a Franky-esque cyborg instead. I noticed that one of his forearms is full-on mechanical and the way he uses these collars makes me more suspicious about it.

franky and queen having a dance off would be amazing

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Begemot posted:

Or he could be an awesome robo-zoan! Reminds me of the cool cyborg animals on Vegapunk's home island.

Green Intern posted:

Did you not see the river of blood

I saw it, but Sanji's effectively done that a a few times before (flying nose geysers) and I would have guessed the first time he actually got too see Nami would have been a more spectacular reaction. Maybe Sanji is finally getting better too after WCI. I was making a joke though, I don't want Sanji exploding into anything but a full body diable jambe I swear

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Reiche posted:

Or he could be an awesome robo-zoan! Reminds me of the cool cyborg animals on Vegapunk's home island.

I saw it, but Sanji's effectively done that a a few times before (flying nose geysers) and I would have guessed the first time he actually got too see Nami would have been a more spectacular reaction. Maybe Sanji is finally getting better too after WCI. I was making a joke though, I don't want Sanji exploding into anything but a full body diable jambe I swear

He got the Happiness Punch in Alabasta too

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Leave it to Oda to make a callback to the first time Nami weaponized her supermodel body.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh he did? My bad then! I haven't done a pre-TS reread in a long time so I should get on that.

About Kawamatsu, some seem to think he could be a Mink, but his Kapapapa laugh makes me think he might be a kappa zoan. Or is that just way too obvious?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

The little detail of X-Drake being weak to women was definitely amusing. I expect to a fight between him and Sanji since the traits are starting to parallel.
Someone on Twitter had an interesting theory that he's actually sensitive to blood.

They mention that he's a coward in his cameo in Law's flashback, and he remarks on the color of the Pacifista's blood and looks a bit anxious during the fight on Sabaody. That'd be a hell of a weakness in his line of work tho.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Reiche posted:

Oh he did? My bad then! I haven't done a pre-TS reread in a long time so I should get on that.

About Kawamatsu, some seem to think he could be a Mink, but his Kapapapa laugh makes me think he might be a kappa zoan. Or is that just way too obvious?

Why not both?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Reiche posted:

Big Mom's signature laugh is "mamamama".

Nothing is too obvious.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

whitebeard’s was gurororo and perona’s was horohorohoro

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Someone on Twitter had an interesting theory that he's actually sensitive to blood.

They mention that he's a coward in his cameo in Law's flashback, and he remarks on the color of the Pacifista's blood and looks a bit anxious during the fight on Sabaody. That'd be a hell of a weakness in his line of work tho.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/936/page/15

top left panel seems to support that theory

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
he has hearts floating above his head tho

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Was...that a Final Fantasy reference on the last page?! A weapon collecting bandit, battle on a bridge...hmmm...

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
It's a reference to Benkei, a Japanese character famous for collecting weapons and challenging people who wish to cross a bridge. Gilgamesh is also a reference to this character.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

That's true, I'm still hoping that Pekoms survived getting mutilated by Big Mom's kids because of his lion-turtle powers.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bleck posted:

It's a reference to Benkei, a Japanese character famous for collecting weapons and challenging people who wish to cross a bridge. Gilgamesh is also a reference to this character.

I learned something today! :eng101:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

X-Drake totally has a weakness to women's bodies but is trying to act tough. He's from the same region as Sanji and they're both ex-somethings (Sanji is ex-Germa, Drake is ex-Marine).

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I love how even stoic looking badasses have funny quirks, like Drake not being able to handle a pair of boobs.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Also, of course Luffy would be executed via a shonen tournament.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

So all the legendary samurai's weapons are on that dudes back, aren't they?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

X-Drake totally has a weakness to women's bodies but is trying to act tough. He's from the same region as Sanji and they're both ex-somethings (Sanji is ex-Germa, Drake is ex-Marine).

o shi, I completely misread that scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

"Love is always a hurricane" - a saying from East Blue