Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

aware of dog posted:

In the wake of such a horrible event, it's good to know Boogie's got his priorities straight
https://twitter.com/boogie2988/status/1106503084270931968?s=21

I am saddened that this affected meeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
God drat why do people suck so loving much

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
Because the internet makes you stupid, and also a nazi.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

BBC News is on the case

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
hmm, yes, the altright, known enemies of state power and capitalism #shits eternally into own mouth

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
This is one of the people who survived Utoya

https://twitter.com/toresbe/status/1106523225524178944

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1106515317063331840

https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/1106517297122983937

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Looking forward to 6 hours from now when Boogie starts whining that people are taking him out of context and starts sobbing about internet meanies.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
congrats to successful internet startup cloudflare for hosting the sites that radicalized the christchurch killer

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

OldTennisCourt posted:

Looking forward to 6 hours from now when Boogie starts whining that people are taking him out of context and starts sobbing about internet meanies.

How can you start doing that which you've only ever been doing

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Boogie: Maybe the crusades were a good thing if you think about it? #freethinking

Twitter: That's stupid

Boogie: Wow. I've truly seen the face of hatred and bullying on Twitter. People can't even have their own free thoughts, be better twitter.........be better

bleulemon
Mar 7, 2019
that loving ugly bitch bunga bunga sargon of akkad acting all contrite on twitter, retweeting the same center left/center right hollow platitudes denouncing this, when 3 weeks ago she was the speartip of a vicious smear campaign against a black muslim who dared to speak up about israel, you have blood on your hands too bitch.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Dork Vader is celebrating the terrorist attack.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Montasque posted:

I hope that mask is hooked up to one of the old asbestos-filled soviet filters.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

lol youtube

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

something is broken in me. it’s been this way since afghanistan beheading videos, i was like twelve. i feel utterly restless until i watch the footage. and inevitably, as i do right now, i feel horrible afterwards. this time it’s a specifically burning rage because i’ve been watching along with you all in this thread this poo poo percolate in slow motion over the last decade. this is all so hosed up. it’s almost like i can’t find mental closure or even progression until i see the footage. my loving brain, y’all. jesus christ. why do i do always do this. and i know i will next time, too.

absolutely gently caress these fascist networks and these scumlord coward crackers. i feel despair and rage. going to try my best to not obsessively follow this all day but, these kind of events also kind of get my mania going. loving hell. thanks for being my diary, thread.

PS - every ‘don’t watch the video’ makes it harder for me not to. i’m sure i’m not the only one like this.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Montasque posted:

Helghast need to go back to their own planet

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i have never watched a beheading video and never liked seeing stuff like that as a kid on the internet. but i’ll admit seeing footage and stuff from the iraq war radicalized me to Hate Amerikkka. i don’t seek it out tho, i feel like i already know what it looks like. it’s not like a rollercoaster where i need the visceral experience of it again

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
I got screenshots of that twitter account’s followers. have they been documented somewhere already?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flutch posted:

something is broken in me. it’s been this way since afghanistan beheading videos, i was like twelve. i feel utterly restless until i watch the footage. and inevitably, as i do right now, i feel horrible afterwards. this time it’s a specifically burning rage because i’ve been watching along with you all in this thread this poo poo percolate in slow motion over the last decade. this is all so hosed up. it’s almost like i can’t find mental closure or even progression until i see the footage. my loving brain, y’all. jesus christ. why do i do always do this. and i know i will next time, too.

absolutely gently caress these fascist networks and these scumlord coward crackers. i feel despair and rage. going to try my best to not obsessively follow this all day but, these kind of events also kind of get my mania going. loving hell. thanks for being my diary, thread.

PS - every ‘don’t watch the video’ makes it harder for me not to. i’m sure i’m not the only one like this.

i feel similar to you and i have no doubt that watching the whole video would make it much worse

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!

Flutch posted:

I've watched a few, like the Saddam execution video, out of a certain sense of responsibility to not look away from what is really happening. Like, I dunno, try to make it about a choice with consequences for your mental state, not a voyeuristic compulsion, I guess?

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Flutch posted:

I know the burning feeling of wanting to know something, even if you know its not good for you but for this one, I know nothing good can come of it. When I was like 24, I watched Bud Dwyer commit suicide on Liveleak or some other site that had it, and I felt a part of my soul wither and possibly die after watching it, and so I know for an absolute fact that watching this video would actually put me into a deep despair, like, actual crippling depression bad, so as bad as it may feel to not watch, you will ABSOLUTELY feel ten times worse after, so don't do it.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like i watched the whole jordanian pilot video and its harrowing but this live streamed mass murder meme chan racist loving subhuman i dont loving know i want to go back in time and kill him more than anything and i dont feel healthy t5oday loving sucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

remember when the news networks gleefully showed video of gadaffi being dragged through the streets and tortured

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Al! posted:

lol youtube

a wholesome site where 12 year olds can watch their favorite let's player and then one click later be fed nazi rahowa propaganda

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

a wholesome site where 12 year olds can watch their favorite let's player and then one click later be fed nazi rahowa propaganda

up until like 2 weeks ago the entry point nazi rahowa poo poo like ben shapiro would be on the front page recommendations if youve never clicked a single youtube video before. what im saying is :killing:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I feel like blaming the internet purely for this is letting the right of the hook. There was plenty of fascist terrorism before the internet took off - more recently OKC, but also tens of thousands of lynchings, and we'll the actual Nazis and fascists. These same freaks would turn into Nazi monsters without the internet imo.

that said /Pol/ and 8chan need to be loving shut down already

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I feel like blaming the internet purely for this is letting the right of the hook. There was plenty of fascist terrorism before the internet took off - more recently OKC, but also tens of thousands of lynchings, and we'll the actual Nazis and fascists. These same freaks would turn into Nazi monsters without the internet imo.

agreed, but before nazis were mostly radicalized by their lovely parents, now it's lovely parents and neglectful suburban parents who give their kids an ipad so they don't have to talk to them

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

it loving owns that youtube could eradicate this poo poo on their platform over night by changing their algorithm but they choose not too

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Feeling like you have to re experience traumatic events like watching awful videos is part of your brain trying to make sense of the awfulness. unfortunately, doing this basically helps anything make any more sense.

it’s not like you have to watch it right now either. put it off for a few days and think about it again if you want to.

right now you (and everyone else probabaly) have a lot of stress chemicals going through your brain.

you might not even want to watch it in a few days.

give your lizard brain time to recover from initial stress before deciding to watch something that’ll 100% have a severe emotional impact on you.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Has any more info come out about the people in custody? Last I read there were 4

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/NYCAntifa/status/1106587264530952193

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it’s the same but different, and maybe easier to spread because it’s so much more visual, visceral, than how bad ideas travelled in the past. it just fits the constant theme of this funhouse mirror hellscape

welcome to the dark carnival

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Lauren_Southern/status/1106452745198829569

THS
Sep 15, 2017

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Has any more info come out about the people in custody? Last I read there were 4

there’s still a ton of confusion to that. in the past a lot of times in the aftermath there are multiple suspects, due to panic and covering every base. we probably won’t know for awhile

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gee i wonder what the difference is

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Didn't she try to kill refugees crossing the Mediterranean

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

yes, and she'd be perfectly fine with the same people who were shot to be gassed by the state instead

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I'm pretty sure the guy's plan was to get Pewdiepie banned from youtube in an effort to radicalize his tens of millions of followers.

Jokes on him, his followers are already radicalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

She shot a flare gun across the bow of a ship carrying refugees.