Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
You can tell if leaks are legit or not by whether they match the professional-level illustration style of the usual artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all leaks are real

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

oddium posted:

all leaks are real
Just a reminder we’re talking about the next Pokémon game not your rear end in a top hat

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kawaii has two I's. かわいい、not かわい。also concept art is for concept art, not opinions. So, yeah, they're fake. Steel Eevee is kinda lame but Flying (?) Eevee is cute if not especially distinct.

EDIT: Also that says Winter 2019 and we're about a week away from it being Spring so, yeah, nope.

EDIT2: Steeleon looking curious is labeled as 珍しい. They translated "curious" but they picked the wrong word, that word (mezurashii) means curious as in rare, mysterious, unusual. It is not an expression. Extremely fake.

EDIT3: The bottom right of Steeleon is a completely hosed up attempt to write "Iron Tail." Both Iron and Tail are written incorrectly in Japanese and beyond that, Iron Tail's Japanese name is just Iron Tail in English lol.

EDIT4: Flyeon's neutral expression uses the word neutral as in Neutrality, not a normal expression. It also uses then wrong words for "fluffy," "gust," and tail again.

EDIT: ahahaha they google translated "Flying Type" and ended up with "Aviation Archtype." The Japanese word for Type is just "Type" in English, they could have fixed half of these issues by just going to Bulbapedia, it's all right there!

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 15, 2019

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

oddium posted:

i am putting the new steel eevee below flareon and the new Music type eevee below espeon

Nah if he were the new Sound type he'd have a musical note theme like Meloetta and Chatot. Fakeon is clearly a pure Flying type. Flyingorus has been smug with his title of "only single type unique type" and needs to be taken down.

Anyway SOUND TYPE WHEN I have a big list of chaps who are going to get it

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

RatHat posted:

Apparently these 2 new Eeveelutions will be announced on April 15th in Corocoro

https://twitter.com/EMoOoHxEze6VDPu/status/1106395787100127233?s=19

They look pretty legit.

Here's the image itself in case the tweet is deleted

By the way, should I be spoiling leaks? Does anyone care?

I believe in Armoreon and Aereon.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
knifeon and flappeon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Filtheon and Garbageon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

Filtheon and Garbageon

It would be rude to steal Sylveon's nicknames

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RatHat posted:

Apparently these 2 new Eeveelutions will be announced on April 15th in Corocoro

https://twitter.com/EMoOoHxEze6VDPu/status/1106395787100127233?s=19

They look pretty legit.

Here's the image itself in case the tweet is deleted

By the way, should I be spoiling leaks? Does anyone care?

I've been hoping for a pure flying type Eevee for a while now, so I WANT this to be real...but I guess we'll know for sure in a month.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zuzie posted:

Nostalgia is a powerful thing. Most people want to use new monsters in a new game. On the other hand, some simply don't want to and they're attached to some that are viewed as old friends.

I have my favorites (Jigglypuff and Shellos), and I'm happy if they show up in the wild in a new game, but I'm also happy if I can just import one from a previous generation. I certainly don't want an entire region to consist of mostly old Pokemon. Half of the fun for me is learning about these new monsters and what they can do, and how I can use them to annoy the gently caress out of my friends.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

I believe in Armoreon and Aereon.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I've been hoping for a pure flying type Eevee for a while now, so I WANT this to be real...but I guess we'll know for sure in a month.
Please don't hold out hope for these. I've updated my last post with more than enough debunking evidence. They are extremely fake, sorry friends. :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i guess we’ll have to wait for sword and shield to come out to know for sur e

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Until I've beaten the Elite 4, I won't use anything but new pokeymans to try and get me some New Friends. This is the correct and true way to play the game. Gen 5 is the only generation to really get me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

When are we gonna get Mega Megayanma

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Whalley posted:

Until I've beaten the Elite 4, I won't use anything but new pokeymans to try and get me some New Friends. This is the correct and true way to play the game. Gen 5 is the only generation to really get me.

I agree. I only use older Pokemon if there's something new to them (Blaziken and Azumarill in Y because of Megas/Fairies respectively, Alolan Forms in S and UM). Otherwise, let me try the new stuff. We have like a thousand of these dogs, I'm not going to stick with the same every time.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'm ready for Armored Arbok & Armored Weezing.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

The confidential in the corner really sells it for me. :p

Dragon type Eevee is the only one I want, complete the special split!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope we get all the physical eevees before a dragon one.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

leafeon is the draggin’ eevee, because it’s draggin’ the overall appeal of eeveelutions down

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

oddium posted:

leafeon is the draggin’ eevee, because it’s draggin’ the overall appeal of eeveelutions down
Leafeon is the best Eeveelution.

Moriatti posted:

That is actually the only thing it has in common with the actual Sun/Moon leaks lol. It's what everyone copies now when they want to try to make their leak look "authentic."

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Leafeon is extremely handsome and worthless

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i kind of inherently distrust any 'leaks' about new eevee evolutions because i think it's mainly fans who obsess about that kind of thing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

all leaks are real but the realest leaks aren’t pictures they’re 4chan posts from a chinese guy saying like

“one looks like a stick of dynamite with angel wings. one of them is a ball of water with a fish inside. it evolves into two fish”

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
The best way to tell those Eeveelutions are fake is because they look like what someone would imagine Steel and Flying Eevees would look like. Any actual new evolutions will look weird and unexpected.

This rule also applies to trying to imagine what starters will evolve into.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

all leaks are real but the realest leaks aren’t pictures they’re 4chan posts from a chinese guy saying like

“one looks like a stick of dynamite with angel wings. one of them is a ball of water with a fish inside. it evolves into two fish”

Oh great another flying/fire type to be made unviable by the sneaky pebbles

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Please don't hold out hope for these. I've updated my last post with more than enough debunking evidence. They are extremely fake, sorry friends. :(

It's cool bro, fake leaks are part of the fun!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The trick is to post the Gen II Beta 'mons and tout them as new pokemon

New Eeveelution looks rad

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Moriatti posted:

Dragon type Eevee is the only one I want, complete the special split!

Same, but the Eeveelution with Blue Ring Octopus markings that Umbreon was supposed to be.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Vinylshadow posted:

The trick is to post the Gen II Beta 'mons and tout them as new pokemon

New Eeveelution looks rad

A baby pre-evo Meltan is a bold move.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dienes posted:

A baby pre-evo Meltan is a bold move.

That's what happens when a Togepi egg shatters.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, Eeveelutions are the leaks i'd trust the least because last time we had one with flesh ribbons.

Anyway, for now I'm mostly expecting anime design sheets, so if it doesn't have Ash somewhere, it's probably fake.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Just came in here to say that Dunsparce owns.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3randombattle-876648739

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is there an in-universe reason for why so many pokemon are "Pikachu, but slightly different"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

indigi posted:

is there an in-universe reason for why so many pokemon are "Pikachu, but slightly different"

Pikachu puts butts in seats

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

indigi posted:

Mimikyu is the only one that has an in-universe explanation. The rest are just easy marketing, but that's out-of-universe.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

indigi posted:

peripatric speciation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

indigi posted:

they come from sequences very close together in mew's dna