Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
God I can’t wait to hear the inevitable hired/fired/rehired joke in GotG3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
I mean, this doesn't come as news to us folk who saw Raw on Monday.

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1106627201364041732

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If you knew it on monday why didnt you say anything

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

X-O posted:

That article says the decision was made months ago they've just been sitting on it. Weird.

Not to dive into unsubstantiated conspiracy, but that might just be a face-saving statement. My money would be on the Captain Marvel debacle opening their eyes to the overlap with the campaign against Gunn and not wanting to be on the wrong side of that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If this really did happen months ago it certainly explains those stories recently where Feige said they were still using Gunn's script for the movie :mmmhmm:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

What a loving asshat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The replies on that are great, literally every one is "gently caress you Mike."

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

God I hope Cernovich is crying about it. The one thing he ever achieved, and if anything, it has ended in a stronger Gunn, with two massive franchises under his lead now rather than just the one.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I wish somethingawful respected my twitter blocking preferences.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Fangz posted:

I wish somethingawful respected my twitter blocking preferences.

I won't link to any more of his stuff but I figured this one time I'd make an exception.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Considering fucker carlson just got suspended from fox for a couple weeks for defending actual child rape, kinda really shows what cerno believes is acceptable

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Well, hurray, what good news!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol at weird Mike calling out someone for being insincere

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1106633508657651712

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 15, 2019

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I try not to say this about people, but Cernovich needs to fall into a wood chipper.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Guys... GUYS!

Remember that Busiek thing from a few weeks back about Gunn wanting to do Thunderbolts. :D

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

completely unexpected, but absolutely the right move

but it’s pretty funny to think that, as a result of the firing and SS2 and the consequent delays into late 2022 or 2023, it’s entirely possible that we’ll get a Marvel Studios Fantastic Four or X-Men film before GotG3

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I would love that just for the Guardians to be able to find the Fantastic Family just out in space, having been around since the 60s in the Marvel Universe but on an extended space vacation since then.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hahahahahhaahahahhahahahahha :xd:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I wonder if gunns still gonna do the adam warlock story

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gavok posted:

Guys... GUYS!

Remember that Busiek thing from a few weeks back about Gunn wanting to do Thunderbolts. :D

Wait until Disney buys Warner and then he can just do Suicide Squad vs Thunderbolts

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

site posted:

I wonder if gunns still gonna do the adam warlock story

He's been rewriting the entire script, and some of it's been leaked online.

It's now gonna be about the Guardians being hired to do a long-term job on the planet of Mar'Ney, but a volatile group of mutant rat people try to intervene, as revenge for their blobbish Queen B'aarr being denounced for saying "All Kree are blueberry fuckers."

They dig into Peter Quill's past and find some old journal entries in his ship's logs, containing tasteless jokes from before he grew up and became the man the people know and love. They recontextualize those jokes and present them as a representation of Quill's beliefs in an attempt to defame him and the Guardians in the eyes of the people. Chancellor Rige, hoping to avoid a scandal so close to re-election, removes the Guardians from their position.

There's an incredibly long and uncomfortable scene where the rat people jerk each other off in celebration, and now that they feel emboldened and justified, they take to the surface to spread horrible messages about building a barrier around the planet to prevent people they don't like from getting in. People are annoyed and unhappy with these radical ideologies being shared, and the impact it is having on violence on the planet.

Chancellor Rige eventually realizes his mistake, and re-hires the Guardians to defeat the mutant rat people and bring peace back to the world. They agree, but they've also unfortunately made obligations to do another really lame job first on planet Deesee.

But then they eventually save the day and the rat people are forced back underground after a montage of Drax punching each and every one of them in the face.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Jamesman posted:

It's now gonna be about the Guardians being hired to do a long-term job on the planet of Mar'Ney, but a volatile group of mutant rat people try to intervene, as revenge for their blobbish Queen B'aarr being denounced for saying "All Kree are blueberry fuckers."

They dig into Peter Quill's past and find some old journal entries in his ship's logs, containing tasteless jokes from before he grew up and became the man the people know and love. They recontextualize those jokes and present them as a representation of Quill's beliefs in an attempt to defame him and the Guardians in the eyes of the people. Chancellor Rige, hoping to avoid a scandal so close to re-election, removes the Guardians from their position.

There's an incredibly long and uncomfortable scene where the rat people jerk each other off in celebration, and now that they feel emboldened and justified, they take to the surface to spread horrible messages about building a barrier around the planet to prevent people they don't like from getting in. People are annoyed and unhappy with these radical ideologies being shared, and the impact it is having on violence on the planet.

Chancellor Rige eventually realizes his mistake, and re-hires the Guardians to defeat the mutant rat people and bring peace back to the world. They agree, but they've also unfortunately made obligations to do another really lame job first on planet Deesee.

But then they eventually save the day and the rat people are forced back underground after a montage of Drax punching each and every one of them in the face.

Inspiring. My ticket is already bought.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CzarChasm posted:

Inspiring. My ticket is already bought.

Apparently the original plans for GotG 3 were scrapped when they realized the plot was about a diverse group people fighting for freedom and justice having a conflict with an orange, blonde-haired man supported by a group of people who believe in racial superiority, and considering it "Too ridiculous, even by comic book movie standards."

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 15, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jamesman posted:

Capiunderstoodthatreference.gif

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Weird. I just heard the Avengers sting.

Favorite Twitter response to Cerno: "maybe if you try really hard you can get him the job directing fantastic four too."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

site posted:

Bautista definitely came out the winner here, good for him for sticking to his Gunns the whole time

Sorry, but this really bothered me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I had thought about it but figured no one would bite

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Sun’s out, Gunn’s out back in.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Shamelessly stolen from elsewhere but: I guess you can unfire a Gunn.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TaikaWaititi/status/1106695554791178240

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
God I love Taika.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

There definitely needs to be a Thor/GoTG crossover movie. Besides infinity war I mean

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Now I’m torn

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Taika got pretty sick of people asking him if he was going to direct GotG 3.
By the way, how cool would if be for Thor to have a cameo in the next Guardians movie. I think he had terrific chemistry with all the Guardians in Infinity War. Of course there's no guarantee that Hemsworth, will be at all interested in coming back after Endgame.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hemsworth is really the only one of the Big 3 I expect to be around after Endgame. I think Cap will be dead and Tony will be off with Pepper somewhere maybe and around for small cameos down the line but that’s about it. I think Ragnarok got Hemsworth back interested in the role again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm team they'll all be alive and well, up to and including Bucky getting his arm back

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Better not, Wakandan arm is coolest arm.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Hemsworth is really the only one of the Big 3 I expect to be around after Endgame. I think Cap will be dead and Tony will be off with Pepper somewhere maybe and around for small cameos down the line but that’s about it. I think Ragnarok got Hemsworth back interested in the role again.

There's no "think" here. He's outright stated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just saw an article saying that Ezra Miller is taking a stab at writing his Flash movie and that Grant Morrison is helping. Apparently the idea is that if WB rejects this version of the script he's going to finally quit the project.