Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

AndyElusive posted:

He couldn't just throw a green fireball during a red carpet or shadow kick a boom mic operator so he joins a tournament with the entire realm at stake.

That's what a badass would do :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinking beacon nose
Nov 1, 2004

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes

Cythereal posted:

Johnny Cage's deal has always been that he's a legit badass (and, these days, hero) who no one ever takes seriously or gives the respect he deserves. His motive for joining the original tournament was to try to prove that he's legit a good martial artist with more than normal abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ5_B7LlaY4

:(

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cythereal posted:

Johnny Cage's deal has always been that he's a legit badass (and, these days, hero) who no one ever takes seriously or gives the respect he deserves. His motive for joining the original tournament was to try to prove that he's legit a good martial artist with more than normal abilities.

It'll always bug me that Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe refused to give us Johnny Cage vs. Booster Gold.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Gavok posted:

It'll always bug me that Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe refused to give us Johnny Cage vs. Booster Gold.

Oh god dammit, now that's going to bug me too! Booster Gold owns so much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

HMS Beagle posted:

The official site added a roster page.

Of note, there are 29 spots open, while the leaks we had earlier named 28 kharacters. There’s still hope Reiko fans.

hell yes more kharacters!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is Liu Kang not a confirmed character? I thought he was.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ImpAtom posted:

Is Liu Kang not a confirmed character? I thought he was.

So far the leaked characters who haven't been confirmed are : Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Kollector, Cetrion, Jax and Noob Saibot.

We know Kotal is coming next week.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

AndyElusive posted:

He couldn't just throw a green fireball during a red carpet or shadow kick a boom mic operator so he joins a tournament with the entire realm at stake.

That, in turn, suggests that there are multiple other Hollywood action stars in the Mortal Kombat universe who are not only capable of similar feats, but are better.

The Steven Seagal analogue is capable of an instant Kamehameha and you don't even wanna fuckin' know what the Don "the Dragon" Wilson guy can do. They say he caused the Tunguska event retroactively during the filming of Ring of Fire III.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
If other people in Hollywood are also master kung-fu magicians we need them in the roster.

Chev Chelios needs to be a guest kharakter.

Black Dynamite too. His Fatality is a boomerang flies in from nowhere splitting the other fighter's head in half. "HA! I THREW THAT poo poo BEFORE THE FIGHT EVEN STARTED!"

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm stuck on the Black Dynamite thing now. Even the Mirror Match would make sense.

"I'm Black Dynamite."
"Hush now. Lot of cats got that name."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i think that bottom row is probably for DLC, but hopefully that secret kharacter rumour holds true.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Gavok posted:

I'm still blown away by how bad that game is even with Midway's situation at the time.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Hell yes Jade and Kabal.

Stupid story question are they zombie servants in this still? I forget who got sucked in the Soulnado (I know I could probably Google this but I just like typing Soulnado) by Quan Chi in MK9.

Debut Hornbuckle and Zebron you cowards.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Neo Rasa posted:

Hell yes Jade and Kabal.

Stupid story question are they zombie servants in this still? I forget who got sucked in the Soulnado (I know I could probably Google this but I just like typing Soulnado) by Quan Chi in MK9.

Debut Hornbuckle and Zebron you cowards.

The story mode trailer seemed to have a lot of human Jade and zombie Kabal. So I'll say the answer is Maybe.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Neo Rasa posted:

Hell yes Jade and Kabal.

I just replayed 9's story mode and it was Noob Saibot who got sucked into the soulnado. As for Jade and Kabal there will probably be the zombie and human versions like with Liu Kang and Kung Lao in the trailers.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Jade and Kabal are both revenants at this point in the story, but we're about to get time bending stuff in MK11. Human Jade shows up quite a bit in the story trailer, and it kind of sounds like we'll be getting some of Black Dragon era Kabal as well.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Stress Test invites are going out. Check your e-mails, I just got mine.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Unfortunately it's not for PC is it?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hell yeah I got in! (on PS4)

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I got in on PS4. If you whoop some dude named mikeraskol who can barely play, that's me.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Unfortunately it's not for PC is it?

Nah, just PS4 and Xbox, sorry.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I prefer ordered, but never found a link for the stress test, did they close applications?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

I prefer ordered, but never found a link for the stress test, did they close applications?

This isn't the Beta for preordering, that's in two weeks I think. I think they did close applications for the stress test a few days ago.

If anyone else is in on PS4, feel free to hit up BarryBluejeans if you can Player Match. I am pretty bad, didn't play a fighting game online until MKX, but we can still punch each other.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have been selected, can't wait to get my rear end kicked while doing airplane arms as Baraka

actually I wonder what the roster will be for this

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm hoping it will be all the showcased characters so far and that's why they held off on a new Kombat Kast this week.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I got in on THE BONE

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am happy about this list so far. So much hype for this game and it's not that far away.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Got mine, sweet.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I screwed up both chances I had to do a Fatality with Scorpion. I'm ashamed.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

i think that bottom row is probably for DLC, but hopefully that secret kharacter rumour holds true.

That last spot on the bottom row is suspiciously darker than the rest...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

since there's 6 DLC characters but only 3 slots in the bottom row I think those will turn out to be Mileena, Shang Tsung, and Shinnok

I can def see why they'd be secret/unlockables given that Shang Tsung and Shinnok could have pivotal story roles. Mileena I guess could be very interesting if she goes the route of the "flesh pit clone" hinted at from MKX.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Still stuck on liquid terminator,one last post.

- cop outfit,bike cop outfit,liquid metal skin.

- erron black shooting big arse silvery holes through him

- doing the finger wag

- doing the time travel entrance,the walking through the bars entrance or the chequered floor entrance.

- doing that scary loving run

-doing a fatality where he loving flattens you in a big loving truck.

Every time I think of the T-1000 I think of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pA7gvhwC9RI

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Mileena I guess could be very interesting if she goes the route of the "flesh pit clone" hinted at from MKX.

She's a full flesh pit clone of Kitana, there's no hinting required.

Unless you mean it was hinted that there's more than one Mileena? Because that would be a good way to bring her back if MK really needs to explain the return of a dead kharacter.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

AndyElusive posted:

She's a full flesh pit clone of Kitana, there's no hinting required.

Unless you mean it was hinted that there's more than one Mileena? Because that would be a good way to bring her back if MK really needs to explain the return of a dead kharacter.

Her arcade ending basically had her take control of a whole mileena army

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They could also timewarp her like uhhh half the rest of the cast. Milenna rules but I'm pretty confident she's not gonna be around this go.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Every time I think of the T-1000 I think of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pA7gvhwC9RI

ahh it's weird seeing him be human! it's actually scarier.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I feel like Mileena probably has a good chance to be in as DLC, if she doesn't make it into the default roster.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
i think a whitewalker would be a pretty good dlc character,plus you could gently caress em up and not feel bad.

or comedy option theon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pinhead from Hellraiser :getin:

Make him groan with pleasure when you fatality him