Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's always at least one Stand Battle in every part where the cast just decides to become arbitrarily unwilling to believe that one of the core cast members might be acting strange because a Stand is attacking them.

This case is probably the worst because they know a Stand attacked Narancia.

A lot of people are bothered by this, but personally I'm just enjoying Narancia being a weirdo and I think Clash's teleportation through liquid and size changing as it goes is visually interesting and inventive.

I read the manga though, so I was prepared and am just enjoying the other parts of this fight and not letting the core conceit of everyone not noticing the work of an enemy stand bother me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The new OP is sufficiently Eurovision so I approve.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

O Fortuna being sampled in the ED loving rules

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

WilliamAnderson posted:

It instantly become my favourite ending, besides Roundabout.

Granted, I love all the music choices for the endings, but this one seriously slaps.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
Vegetarians: cakehaters

Sense of morality: :thunk:

welp that was fun, we should jump back in the canal guys

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's always at least one Stand Battle in every part where the cast just decides to become arbitrarily unwilling to believe that one of the core cast members might be acting strange because a Stand is attacking them.

This case is probably the worst because they know a Stand attacked Narancia.

This must be cannot possibly be the work of an enemy stand!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
One thing that I always liked about Talking Head was that if it's power was to make you say the opposite of what you mean then either Narancia was too stupid to just lie his rear end off or too honest to ever even consider it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

One thing that I always liked about Talking Head was that if it's power was to make you say the opposite of what you mean then either Narancia was too stupid to just lie his rear end off or too honest to ever even consider it.

it's what you *mean* not what you *say* so if you're trying to lie it'll let those go on through no probs

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I think in the scene that was cut were he wrote stuff down, he had also tried to tell a lie to tell the truth.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm sad there is no longer the KayCee and JoJo ending song.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Out of all the horrifying and gruesome things in this episode, I think the thing that grossed me out the most was Narancia being forced to put his tongue on a sink in a public restroom.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

W.T. Fits posted:

Out of all the horrifying and gruesome things in this episode, I think the thing that grossed me out the most was Narancia being forced to put his tongue on a sink in a public restroom.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gratuitous bathroom violence is a hallmark of Araki's writing

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

And also the fact he put his hands to his mouth after touching his dong.

New ED is cool. I'm always down for 90s/00s EDM.

New OP might take a bit getting used to. I like the english lyrics a bit more. Also I feel like they're going to improve/add more to the OP like they did with Great Days, some shots look like they aren't done yet or they want to add more.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Nessus posted:

They are male models, didn't you see Zoolander?

Male models are genetically constructed to become assassins. They're in peak physical condition. They can gain entry into the most secure places in the world. And most important of all, models don't think for themselves. They do as they're told.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
But why male models?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Because the BOYZ ARE IN THE HOUSE

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I love how right after Giorno says, on a whim, that the enemy could have poisoned the food, Abbaccio uses that dude to test the food for poison because even he has learned to trust the instincts of a JoJo despite hating his guts.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BaDandy posted:

I love how right after Giorno says, on a whim, that the enemy could have poisoned the food, Abbaccio uses that dude to test the food for poison because even he has learned to trust the instincts of a JoJo despite hating his guts.

Abbacchio also started beating the poo poo out of that guy solely because Narancia and Mista were doing it

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Abbacchio, much like Josuke, has respect for comedic timing.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

new opening kinda sucks and i feel like its retribution for everyone saying chase sucked

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chase does suck and the new OP is good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Even if I didn't like the new OP, it's possible for two OPs to both be bad.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

WilliamAnderson posted:

why didn't they use gangsta's paradise whyy

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Both are actually good

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Futaba Anzu posted:

why didn't they use gangsta's paradise whyy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxro6mF2qsw

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I do like the new ED a lot but this is great :allears:

The new OP isn't grabbing me as much, but I foolishly thought the same about Fighting Gold the first time, so maybe it'll grow on me? It really doesn't seem nearly as good though...

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Nessus posted:

what's the inappropriate part? Bruno's just gonna use his Stand to suck off Mista

Waffleman_ posted:

Das King Crimson.

:aaaaa: King Crimson was Mista's stand the whole time!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mulderman posted:

This is the shittiest fight in this arc. Because everyone is acting like a goddamn idiot.

ok but what makes it different

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't really like the new OP on any level. Chase had nice visuals but the music was worse than a ripping trouser cough.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
I forgot about Squalo's sweet Cloud cosplay

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Listening to the new OP again with the English vocals, I just realized it sounds like a Sonata Arctica song off their later albums. I can totally picture Tony Kakko belting out this song.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeg7pvvZw5g

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

i really like this color palette

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I hope Trish's stand can fly because it looks like there hosed

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I hope Trish's stand can fly because it looks like there hosed

They'll all just have to execute a careful balancing act on Aerosmith.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm glad David remembered the turtle, unlike Araki.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Traitor’s Requiem is really fuckin good
Its brilliant because parts of it sound like a King Crimson song

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 16, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm not really a fan of the new OP either, it has some good moments but compared to Fighting Gold it just kinda pales in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I think the main problem with the new OP is that is shows regular plot scenes as is, which is something usually associated with more lazy and generic OPs. I personally don't think it's all that bad, but it's true that the bar was rather high.