Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
I'm leaning toward Mangler since I'll probably burn out if I try to keep pace with Selos, plus I cashed out a few hundred k on Coirnav so I'm good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

druids don't need ae groups in luclin, just pull literally everything in The Gray and profit, also don't lag or you explode.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

MrTheDevious posted:

^^^ I can't wait for AE groups. They always looked so awesome when I was watching from outside and not allowed in

Seems like deleting ChatWindow is enough to get everything working even though you get the standard error message from Animations.

If you can figure out a way to completely hide the tabs so it looks like they were never added, I'll be your BFF. They're hideous. Great to see the devs are still spending their time adding poo poo nobody wanted in the first place!

I have chat windows that work for Sparxx UI that remove the chat tabs if you wanna holler at me on discord and see if it works for you.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

MF_James posted:

druids don't need ae groups in luclin, just pull literally everything in The Gray and profit, also don't lag or you explode.

Quad kiting is so much more work than being the nuker in an AE group. You do literally nothing but watching youtube until the group triggers your audio trigger with the burn call. Cast 8 spells and go back to youtube. You can also make an XP potion last near infinitely by camping out between pulls/burn calls.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tehran 1979 posted:

Quad kiting is so much more work than being the nuker in an AE group. You do literally nothing but watching youtube until the group triggers your audio trigger with the burn call. Cast 8 spells and go back to youtube. You can also make an XP potion last near infinitely by camping out between pulls/burn calls.

quad kiting? nah pbaoe kiting in the grey, you can pull the whole zone at once and pbaoe it to death.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Krazuel posted:

I have chat windows that work for Sparxx UI that remove the chat tabs if you wanna holler at me on discord and see if it works for you.

Oh hell yes, that would be awesome, thanks!

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if racial exp penalties are still a thing? Specifically on Mangler.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jebediah posted:

Does anyone know if racial exp penalties are still a thing? Specifically on Mangler.

Curious about this and class penalties.

Also - is there some way to quantify the leveling rate of Mangler vs Project1999? I'm considering getting involved but I don't think I could handle the soul crushing leveling rate of original EQ.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Ehud posted:

Also - is there some way to quantify the leveling rate of Mangler vs Project1999? I'm considering getting involved but I don't think I could handle the soul crushing leveling rate of original EQ.

Much much faster than P99. I want to say on Ragefire in the high 40s killing goblins in OoT it was maybe 2 kills per 1% as the absolute worst exp rate, and just plain faster at all the levels prior.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
There are no class or races exp benefits or penalities anymore in EQ.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Ehud posted:

Extremely way better than p99 exp rates.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-fast-is-ragefire-xp.254928/#post-3752970 (next page has more examples of per-kill if you want to dig more and compare it to the same test on p99)

I don't have a direct comparisson, but i'd imagine p99 blue is on the classic exp rate, p99 red is on some kind of fucky group bonus exp system where I think it maxed out at 250% in a full party? I'd assume this is going to feel like r99 more than blue by a significant margin. Plus we'll have the anniversary 50% exp bonus that exists yearly around launch, and exp pots which you'll get x3 a month for free* and are encouraged to chug like the addict you know you were meant to be.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 15, 2019

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Ehud posted:

Beyond an increased experience rate over classic, it's got all of the quality of life upgrades that p99 lacks. For example, raid instancing and no corpse runs.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I've updated Zliz UI to match the latest patch. It includes compact chat windows with no title bar taken from Sparxx. I don't think the tabs can be made thinner, sadly.

https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Pilsner posted:

I've updated Zliz UI to match the latest patch. It includes compact chat windows with no title bar taken from Sparxx. I don't think the tabs can be made thinner, sadly.

https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

I have tabless sparxx chatwindows that basically make it look like everything did from before the patch uploaded to the discord thingy someone posted here in the past few pages.

e: https://discord.gg/szdXwSs

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 16, 2019

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Krazuel posted:

I have tabless sparxx chatwindows that basically make it look like everything did from before the patch uploaded to the discord thingy someone posted here in the past few pages.

e: https://discord.gg/szdXwSs

It's a matter of taste I guess. I can see the benefit of the chat tabs. Good thing is that you can just replace the chat windows from my UI with any other customizations you like, or delete the two files EQUI_ChatContainerWindow.xml and EQUI_ChatWindow.xml to make it as the default UI.

My only complaint is that the tab header (the bar with the list of tabs) seems unnecessarily thick.

Also, we won't have to do that silly thing with a hidden 1x1 pixel chat window with all our hits/misses in order to do DPS parses, you can just put that in a tabbed window.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Oh man I logged into Live to run around and remind myself how to navigate some of these oldass noob leveling zones and found this:

Also thanks for updating, Zliz! I'll be grabbing the no-tabs, but I'd be sad as hell if your UI wasn't still around all these years later

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
50% bonus exp is now live !

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
And two anniversary tlp claimable bag bundles will be on the store sometime today.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/dwarf-fortress/dwarf-fortress-steam-release

Edit rofl stupid phone I def copied and meant https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-20th-anniversary-celebrations-2019

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I'm gonna play EQ.

Again.

Is there going to be a goon guild on Mangler?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm interested in that as well. I'd like to play with goons as much as possible. I can't play this weekend but I'll get started Monday.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I don't think Mangler has an official goon guild but we are organizing in discord.

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!
What's the discord channel for mangler?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Party posted:

What's the discord channel for mangler?

same asking for a friend

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I would be interested in starting a goon guild on Mangler. Maybe we can set something up this weekend.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Discord

https://discord.gg/hZhVCb

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I had been going to try out EQ2's server but I might have to hit up Mangler. Brings back memories. Very, very old memories.

Can Beastlords get groups ever? I'd like to try one. I might not stick around for very long, but hey, at least I tried.

Prism fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 16, 2019

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Prism posted:

I had been going to try out EQ2's server but I might have to hit up Mangler. Brings back memories. Very, very old memories.

Can Beastlords get groups ever? I'd like to try one. I might not stick around for very long, but hey, at least I tried.

Beastlords are nice for slows and decent dps.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I found this tabbed chat UI mod I like. Very slim with almost no borders:

https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6768

You can just replace the two .xml files in ZlizUI with the ones from this UI and it'll work.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Republicans posted:

Beastlords are nice for slows and decent dps.

Sounds like a plan then.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
It's going to be like 9 months before beastlords are available on Mangler. You might want to play on Selo?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
So Gnome Memorial Mountain is available on Phinigel.

Mobs are 105-110, and at 85 I get ignored by all the quest givers.

Trash mobs hit for 30K. Named hit for 60K.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

you got this

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
https://www.everquest.com/packs

Anniversary packs. For $35 (normal TLP bundle price) you get the 40 slot bag, an additional 2 non-lore 20 slot bags (I'm going to try buying multiple), some extra XP potions, some res tokens that I've never heard of but could be interesting raid changers, and some other potions like tradeskill one.

Or you can just buy the usual $35 bundle for $20.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Also they removed all other TLPs from the preferred server list and took away the gold names of them too

Get hosed you non flavor of the year servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote this next year to me

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Supposedly Selo XP has been increased past Live servers.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Tehran 1979 posted:

Supposedly Selo XP has been increased past Live servers.

Where did you hear that?

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

Solarin posted:

Where did you hear that?

Just people talking about it in guild discord, dunno if true

If it isn't it's FranktheBank's fault

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Great launch DBG.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Tehran 1979 posted:

Great launch DBG.

They wanted to get all the mmo launch nostaliga of crashed login servers out to there so people would have time to reconsider their poor life choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

milkman dad posted:

They wanted to get all the mmo launch nostaliga of crashed login servers out to there so people would have time to reconsider their poor life choice.

:laffo:

Some of the people who were actually able to log into the game bought mounts and poo poo, then get kicked out of the game only to have their characters not exist anymore with the station cash still missing