Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
The most important thing is that we all agree that her thoughts in her heart were v. Bad

There is no crime greater than "thoughts I'm pretty sure she had" crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you don't get to do that after the omar poo poo.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Man, I hope Rush Limbaugh comes to Chelsea's defense. :allears:

Alana Morrissette will have to add a new verse to the song if that happens.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

you don't get to do that after the omar poo poo.

Yeah this didn't occur in a vacuum and I don't understand why anyone is acting like it did.

That's a lie; I do understand and it's incredibly galling

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Clinton diehards are going to outdo the PUMAs in 2020.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what if we put chelsea clinton and meghan mccain in a room with a muslim woman and the first person to make eye contact without talking around her got to be president of staten island

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eeyo posted:

Chelsea should do the right thing and apologize, reflect on her actions, and tell her followers to shut the gently caress up.
she isnt going to do any of these things

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It’s easy for a lot of countries with very few minorities to appear less racist than the US.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Endorph posted:

what if we put chelsea clinton and meghan mccain in a room with a muslim woman and the first person to make eye contact without talking around her got to be president of staten island

that poor woman

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

PT6A posted:

Canada does very much have Black people, it's had them for a long time, and one of the best Twitter follows on the subject of Black history in Canada, particularly western Canada, is actually an Edmontonian: @BashirMohamed

We're so racist up here that we basically just ignore that Black people are a part of our history (and our present) entirely.

There is barely a million black people in all of canada. The blackest canadian city is 4% black. Even if everyone is the exact same amount of racist, it is gonna just come up less. It's like how there is no way in hell that the US wouldn't be as racist as possible towards romani people, but with them making up like 0.2% of the population it just never is as much of a pressing social issue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

that poor woman
the muslim woman gets a million dollars if they go 30 minutes without directly acknowledging her

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1106919774762815489
https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1106945249526480896

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If we all know every pundit is attacking these girls Chelsea does too and it takes a minute to tweet. Saying it happened somewhat recently isn't an excuse. Trump Jr found the time to weigh in.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1106919940739731457

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Give that young man a medal.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/960568745298223104

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

egg boy smash the eggs

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Radish posted:

If we all know every pundit is attacking these girls Chelsea does too and it takes a minute to tweet. Saying it happened somewhat recently isn't an excuse. Trump Jr found the time to weigh in.

Luv 2 wake up and start my Saturday by diving into Twitter drama, it is critical that a person none of us should every care about or even hear about make amends for people three steps removed from her

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Yeah god drat do I hate having to agree with Greenwald.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s easy for a lot of countries with very few minorities to appear less racist than the US.

In the old world the racism tends to be less racial and more ethnic. Identical looking communities with huge complex hatreds toward eachother.
They also like to insist and pretend they aren't identical looking, but I think that's more the influence of post-1900's scientific racism than anything else.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Australia is very racist and America is also very racist. I don't buy the claim that Australia is 'obviously 100x worse'.

They have racisms that are anachronistic in the US by this point, like Mediterranean white people are not quite on the in there.
Just saying.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Luv 2 wake up and start my Saturday by diving into Twitter drama, it is critical that a person none of us should every care about or even hear about make amends for people three steps removed from her
personally i do hope that the lady who was right stops getting rape threats/death threats/people trying to get her kicked out of college, yes

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Endorph posted:

personally i do hope that the lady who was right stops getting rape threats/death threats/people trying to get her kicked out of college, yes

I agree with this, though it may be controversial.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

PT6A posted:

Canada does very much have Black people, it's had them for a long time, and one of the best Twitter follows on the subject of Black history in Canada, particularly western Canada, is actually an Edmontonian: @BashirMohamed

We're so racist up here that we basically just ignore that Black people are a part of our history (and our present) entirely.

BC is also full of anti-Asian assholes and First Nation relations are about as good as in the US.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Stickman posted:

BC is also full of anti-Asian assholes and First Nation relations are about as good as in the US.

Also Quebec is packed with racists. They say they want to protect the French language, but have shown a preference for non-Francophone European immigrants over French-speaking immigrants from Haiti and Africa, hmmm, I wonder what it could be???

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Stickman posted:

Yeah, I lived on Vancouver Island for a bit. After crabbing with a friend, her dad asked how many "Asian derogatory term" were on the pier. Also, the town I lived in had a game to guess how many First Nations citizens were walking across the bridge. I was pretty shocked on both counts even after I realized that BC was full of rednecks too.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Trump has spent the day posting video clips from Fox News on his Twitter feed

state media

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Grape posted:

In the old world the racism tends to be less racial and more ethnic. Identical looking communities with huge complex hatreds toward eachother.
They also like to insist and pretend they aren't identical looking, but I think that's more the influence of post-1900's scientific racism than anything else.

Like if you ask an american antisemite what is wrong with jewish people they will start their explanation with them being a race that XYZ, if you talk to a european one it'll dive more quickly into nationalist reasoning. Like there isn't a real difference in the list in the end of what reasons people give, but the order they will be given is different. Like give it time and america absolutely will come up with the idea Obama is a kenyan first and an american second, and do the birth certificate crap but that sort of thing is the first place a lot of the world goes right into while america will dive right in swinging giving garbage claimed properties races have while a lot of other countries will get to that stuff after they say their nationalist/ethnic/linguistic stuff.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

what if this is the timeline where all countries ban him, and all airports ban him from landing while he's in air.

Then some super agents ride a plane right up to his, evac all the people that arent him, and tell him to gently caress off.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

The most important thing is that we all agree that her thoughts in her heart were v. Bad

There is no crime greater than "thoughts I'm pretty sure she had" crime

I'll never understand this threads obsession with searching twitter for hours looking for A Dumb Take from The Other Side and then breathlessly running into the thread and pretending that "Someone said something dumb on twitter" is meaningful or important.

Ban Twitter links IMO. If one of the 50 billion news sites can't bother to write an article about it then it probably doesn't matter.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Pyf Chelsea Clinton dunks

https://twitter.com/Moose_Bigelow/status/1106974370721726464?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FBS posted:

Trump has spent the day posting video clips from Fox News on his Twitter feed

state media

Except Fox News directs him not the other way around.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Big props to that kid for egging the Australian fascist senator, and becoming a legend for eating his punch and now the senator faces charges.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Young Freud posted:

Man, I hope Rush Limbaugh comes to Chelsea's defense. :allears:

Alana Morrissette will have to add a new verse to the song if that happens.

Fwiw, the Irony Song is itself ironic because no examples of irony in it Alannis cites are actually ironic, just inconveniences :eng101:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I forgot a tupperware full of wasps there once, but this one isn't on me.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

PhazonLink posted:

what if this is the timeline where all countries ban him, and all airports ban him from landing while he's in air.

Then some super agents ride a plane right up to his, evac all the people that arent him, and tell him to gently caress off.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

Chelsea is going to be running for something very very soon, if they got botnets out there for blowing up that Palmer Report dingus guys posts.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Zurakara posted:

There have been a number of fairly obvious attempts to jumpstart Chelsea Clinton's prospective media/politics career since her mom ate poo poo. She also decided to condemn Ilhan Omar's "antisemitism" in a fairly tone-deaf way. Then she showed up at a vigil as part of yet another attempt to throw herself into the limelight, and the people there told her to gently caress right off and leave.
So centrist dem twitter unleashed the winemom hordes to defend their precious warhawk aristocrat.

This all being preparation for Chelsea to run in 2020 is the big twist we don't deserve.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
gently caress Chelsea for even showing up there as if her presence was in any way requested or needed. Her only plausible motivation is pure selfishness and that alone makes her vile and worthy of scorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I find it galling that governments around the world still continue to allow the sale/use training of weapons which have one design, to kill other people.

I understand the ones that have a hunting purpose, that's different, those people actually use those guns. Generally, usually, on hunting. For me it seems to be the perplexing issue of, why buy something that has a very specific use without ever using it. It's human nature to want to use it, you've bought it, considered what it does. They don't buy them because they're all secretly super engineers who appreciate the solid engineering of this mass death machine. It's because someday they're going to not be able to resist trying it out.

Can you imagine buying a crockpot, but you never use it, you tell people about it, it's a major hobby even, you show people when they come over. Go over it's uses and settings and poo poo. But hey, it's not going to get used. As somebody who has bought games for collecting purposes I even know that when it's the only copy I have, I can sit there and mull over opening it. I no longer even collect to that degree, I just open it and play the goddamn thing. But a gun that's sole purpose is to wound/maim/kill other people, then there is only one kind of mulling that has to occur. I guarantee that just owning a non-hunting gun that never gets used causes all sorts of psychosis to bubble forth.

So it's really sad to see governments either shrug or vehemently defend the right to have their constituents boil a personal mental illness around murder.