Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I reached out and gave them plenty of opportunities to cheer for the Patriots. Imagine missing out on that many championships because you want to cheer for Joe Philbin and some aquamarine uniforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

All these dolphins fans passively condoning their own childhood abuse makes a lot of sense when you think about it

Tannehill loves me though he just doesn’t show it the right way

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tannehill loves me though he just doesn’t show it the right way

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1106626823515983872?s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chris is always trying to control me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
One time I misbehaved so bad my parents traded me to Washington for a sixth round pick.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That’s it! You’re going to Buffalo for a conditional 7th in 2020!!!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

The rarest draft commodity: a son who doesn’t disappoint me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Where's metapod

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

With that move, the Titans are telling Mariota "We believe you are elite. Playoff wins are the metric by which we judge this."

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

deedee megadoodoo posted:

The rarest draft commodity: a son who doesn’t disappoint me.

Pat Shurmer is going to be very disappointed

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My mom spanked me with a wooden spoon, put soap in my mouth, and put a clothespin on my tongue when I wouldn't stop sticking my tongue out.

We don't use physical punishments on our children.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

My parents were a little more diabolical. If I was a shithead, they'd concoct punishments that showed me how terrible it was that I did these things.

You know, like gossiping, stealing, being Republican-that sort of thing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If my daughter misbehaves I'm going to make her watch Super Bowl 53.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chichevache posted:

If my daughter misbehaves I'm going to make her watch Super Bowl 53.

It’s good to instill the appreciation of the artistry of defensive football at an early age.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My mom spanked me with a wooden spoon, put soap in my mouth, and put a clothespin on my tongue when I wouldn't stop sticking my tongue out.

We don't use physical punishments on our children.

Oh my. The clothespin on the tongue... how long?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh my. The clothespin on the tongue... how long?

I don't remember, but to this day she regrets doing it. She's a wonderful mom and I was a very difficult, strong-willed child so given the era she grew up in I'm not at all surprised that she got desperate and went down that direction. Having an equally strong-willed toddler myself I completely understand doing the easy thing and resorting to physical punishment. It's difficult to maintain composure. It's difficult to see your child ignore your commands and do something in defiance of you. Fortunately my wife is both a saint and certified in early childhood education so we have some really good strategies.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's difficult to see your child ignore your commands and do something in defiance of you.

This is literally my job and I still feel like this sentence is cringe worthy.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eh. I get it. Being a parent is tough and it sucks to get judged for feeling like you aren't doing everything correctly. It's okay to be really frustrated. Don't judge because he didn't say it in a way that makes you comfortable.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chichevache posted:

This is literally my job and I still feel like this sentence is cringe worthy.

If there's a better way to phrase it I would love to know. Parenting is both incredibly difficult and incredibly rewarding. I just spent 15 minutes having a standoff with my preschooler about getting dressed. Now she's insisting that she try to eat yogurt with chopsticks.

She's currently dressed and stabbing yogurt with sticks.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If there's a better way to phrase it I would love to know. Parenting is both incredibly difficult and incredibly rewarding. I just spent 15 minutes having a standoff with my preschooler about getting dressed. Now she's insisting that she try to eat yogurt with chopsticks.

Something about "commands" runs me the wrong way.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just spent 15 minutes having a standoff with my preschooler about getting dressed. Now she's insisting that she try to eat yogurt with chopsticks.

See, "sitcom-level kid antics" is the kind of derail I can get behind.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean is "put your shoes and coat on" not a command?

Sure you ask first, with a please and everything, but at some point when they still aren't listening you will eventually have to phrase it as a command.

And then they probably still dont follow instructions and you have to force shoes and a coat onto a squirming child.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Trust me if you don’t have children you will never understand how frustrating it can be to get a child to do something so simple (put on clothes, eat food, use the bathroom, etc). Even when you’re doing those things to go somewhere to do something fun for them that they are excited for, it can still be a huge struggle and very draining.

I used to laugh at those “being a stay at home mom is a full time job” but even with my wife and I working and the kids in a good daycare it is stupidly difficult and exhausting.

Don’t mean this as a gatekeeping statement, I just never envisioned how tiring and difficult (but worth it) children can be before having my own.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dexo posted:

I mean is "put your shoes and coat on" not a command?

Sure you ask first, with a please and everything, but at some point when they still aren't listening you will eventually have to phrase it as a command.

And then they probably still dont follow instructions and you have to force shoes and a coat onto a squirming child.

This is literally how use of force works. As a cop you're basically a parent to grown men who refuse to stop getting drunk and fighting each other or scribbling on the walls with markers.

Bigass Moth posted:

Trust me if you don’t have children you will never understand how frustrating it can be to get a child to do something so simple (put on clothes, eat food, use the bathroom, etc). Even when you’re doing those things to go somewhere to do something fun for them that they are excited for, it can still be a huge struggle and very draining.

I used to laugh at those “being a stay at home mom is a full time job” but even with my wife and I working and the kids in a good daycare it is stupidly difficult and exhausting.

Don’t mean this as a gatekeeping statement, I just never envisioned how tiring and difficult (but worth it) children can be before having my own.

I have a kid now.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Having an older brother really helped me out.

He basically took me under his wing. While the parents worked.

Plus it was loving rad riding in his truck blasting Metallica and going 100 mph down country roads as a 8 year old.

In football news: Apparently WSH signed DRC. Doubt he has much left but sure.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bigass Moth posted:

Our business is basically off season from Jan - April so I've been hanging out with my 4 year old during the week instead of paying $700 a month for daycare. Three days he goes to preschool for 2 and a half hours and I absolutely cherish those 2 and a half hours on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. It is legit exhausting.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Bigass Moth posted:

I don't know how stay at home parents do it without flipping their poo poo on the regular.

See also teachers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

A dog and his man posted:

Plus it was loving rad riding in his truck blasting Metallica and going 100 mph down country roads as a 8 year old.

YOU HAVE AN OLDER BROTHER?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

saint dorner save me from another cop analogy

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

I don't know how stay at home parents do it without flipping their poo poo on the regular.

See also teachers.

That is why you have school holidays.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ghost Dog posted:

saint dorner save me from another cop analogy

Belicheck is the cop of the AFC East.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
@fiz

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/16/carolina-panthers-lineman-street-fight-taylor-hearn-knockout/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the first time id ever heard of this guy was when he was getting put to sleep by someone in augusta with marfans

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bigass Moth posted:

Having a million bucks is more worth it but I am sure my children will hate the Patriots as much as me so I got that.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Amy Pole Her posted:

YOU HAVE AN OLDER BROTHER?

That poor guy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Did he teach you the correct dosage?

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Look my mother wasn’t perfect in the 80’s so I have a half brother.

I got the short side of the stick. Cause my half bro is like 7 foot tall...

Good guy though. He’s like one of a handful of people who has a Yamaha engine degree and can fix your boat right up.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Stop
Leaning
Into
Punches

God DAMMIT

People always dodge the first punch but they forget to mirror it and instead, thinking like a dummy, they go to avoid the second hit and third, but they assume you’ll hit right - left - right

And you’ll lean into a guys right.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm sure DRC will do as much for Washington as Clinton-Dix did last year.

weird Asian candy posted:

See also teachers.

My wife, before she stayed at home with our daughter (and as of last Wednesday newborn son), was a preschool teacher.

I think she's just wired to love kids. Or she's insane. Given that she married me it's still a toss up.

Chichevache posted:

Something about "commands" runs me the wrong way.

I don't know of any other way to put it. When I tell my daughter to leave the dog alone or stay close to me in the parking lot it's not a suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Good guy though.

You sure he wasn’t adopted?