Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

It sucks that they have taken all the Conan dark horse trade down.

It'll all end up on Marvel Unlimited in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I have a Kindle Fire 10 and wanted to read some cbz comic I got from humble bundle, but after I transfer the files with my PC to the "Books" folder on the kindle, I couldn't find them. I looked around on the tablet and I think they might be on the miscelaneous section, for some reason.
How can I read the books on cbz or cbr format on a Kindle Fire 10?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Vincent posted:

I have a Kindle Fire 10 and wanted to read some cbz comic I got from humble bundle, but after I transfer the files with my PC to the "Books" folder on the kindle, I couldn't find them. I looked around on the tablet and I think they might be on the miscelaneous section, for some reason.
How can I read the books on cbz or cbr format on a Kindle Fire 10?

I use ComiCat from the Amazon app store. It was two or three bucks, iirc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Perfect Viewer is my favorite simple comic viewer. For like 13 years now.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Phone posting so no links, but all of Marvel's Masterworks on sale until the 25th.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are there any decent workarounds for Marvel Unlimited not having an app for Fire devices? Am I stuck just reading them in the browser?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are there any decent workarounds for Marvel Unlimited not having an app for Fire devices? Am I stuck just reading them in the browser?

I don't own a Kindle Fire, but apparently you can side-load the Google Play store?

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's fairly trivial to get the Play store on Fire devices

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That worked perfectly, thank you.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
Comixology has another 50% off Dark Horse code (DH50) which combines with the DH stuff already on sale, making all their Hellboy and Troy Nixey books 75% off.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Have them all in physical editions already, so I just have to fight the urge to get them digitally. Insanely cheap for something so good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hrrm. I bought all the Hellboy on the DH app years ago and always feel like I should buy them again for safety,

edit: It's like $18 total for all the omnis. Deal.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 15, 2019

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Picked up all the Hellboy Omnibuses. Excited.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Never not buy Hellboy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jesus, 14 quid for all the omnibuses... I'm not even that big a Mignola fan and I know that's a ridiculous bargain.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Marvel has a buy 2 for the price of 1(code Marvel19), at the same time as several other sales at Comixology.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
For Hellboy, do you need the 2 complete short stories collections or are they collected jn the omnibuses too? I am confused by what is collected in each.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

For Hellboy, do you need the 2 complete short stories collections or are they collected jn the omnibuses too? I am confused by what is collected in each.

The blurbs seem to indicate you need all 6 to get everything.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

The blurbs seem to indicate you need all 6 to get everything.

Ill just get them all. It is only $22.22

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Already have Ms Marvel (it a steal with the sale and buy one get one free), but an of the other stuff on sale worth getting? I see a ton of Captain Marvel and Kree/Skrull related books on sale that will be dirt cheap.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Isn't the sale on every single Marvel comic? There are hundreds of things to recommend. Are you looking for anything specific?
You could catch up on Jason Aaron's Thor stuff for War of the Realms.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Isn't the sale on every single Marvel comic? There are hundreds of things to recommend. Are you looking for anything specific?
You could catch up on Jason Aaron's Thor stuff for War of the Realms.

I was mostly talking about the stuff that are also on sale from earlier in the week that also get a further discount.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Haven't read it yet, but I just bought Marvel Rising because it's Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl. Can't be too bad! The collect is on sale for $3 before the BOGO code.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 16, 2019

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is Hellboy in Mexico a separate thing or in one of the other collections? I’m guessing all the BRPD stuff is also separate.

Also there appear to be multiple different volumes of BPRD coming out concurrently, but the Plague of Frogs volumes seem about 4 times bigger so I’m guessing those are what I’d want

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 16, 2019

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Retro Futurist posted:

Is Hellboy in Mexico a separate thing or in one of the other collections? I’m guessing all the BRPD stuff is also separate.

Also there appear to be multiple different volumes of BPRD coming out concurrently, but the Plague of Frogs volumes seem about 4 times bigger so I’m guessing those are what I’d want

Hellboy in Mexico is a themed trade but all of them should be in the short stories omnibus. Bprd starts with plague of frogs then hell on earth and then the current one. Bprd 194X is a series that shows the start of bprd and has some elements that later stories play off of. Same thing with vampire. Hellboy and bprd just shows hellboy early adventures. Abe Saipan is also a good read along with lobster Johnson. Withfinder is also worth a read but the second trade is worth it just for the art. Really all the hellboy universe stuff is great

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I think I figured it out; the original volumes 1-4 had a story called Plague of Frogs and then that’s also the title of volume 3, then they later do a new set of volumes which is subtitled Plague of Frogs Vol 1-4.
This is why I keep giving up whenever I try to get into Hellboy. At least the omnibuses help

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Uthor posted:

Haven't read it yet, but I just bought Marvel Rising because it's Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl. Can't be too bad! The collect is on sale for $3 before the BOGO code.

The series has one of the worst numbering systems I've ever seen in comics. It's fun and the collected version doesn't have that problem though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The series has one of the worst numbering systems I've ever seen in comics. It's fun and the collected version doesn't have that problem though.

I almost always buy single issues, but went with the collection because it was confusing. Didn't get to enjoy BOGO because of it (everything else I bought was $1), but it was only like a buck more than singles would have been.

I also somehow missed Squirrel Girl #17 years ago. Oops!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok I think I figured it out; the original volumes 1-4 had a story called Plague of Frogs and then that’s also the title of volume 3, then they later do a new set of volumes which is subtitled Plague of Frogs Vol 1-4.
This is why I keep giving up whenever I try to get into Hellboy. At least the omnibuses help

This was my same issue. One sale it was cheaper to buy single issues than the trades, so that solved my BPRD problems.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anyone using Comixology, sign up for Ebates and you get 4% back from every purchase with a $10 sign-up bonus.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Endless Mike posted:

Anyone using Comixology, sign up for Ebates and you get 4% back from every purchase with a $10 sign-up bonus.

drat, that will stack nicely with the Unlimited account.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Signed up, but not sure how this works. Do you have to link accounts or something?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hadji murad posted:

Signed up, but not sure how this works. Do you have to link accounts or something?
Nah there's a browser extension you should get and it'll pop up when you're on a site that has Ebates. Otherwise you have to go to the ebates site and click through I think. Minus side they only seem to pay out quarterly or something.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Endless Mike posted:

Does that work for non-US users?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Seems to be because I use a US Amazon for my Comixology. Haven’t bought anything yet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Schneider Heim posted:

Does that work for non-US users?
I have no idea. Maybe if you check the website it will tell you.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Humble Bundle have a large transformers bundle, I have heard good thing about some of the new series, but it does not seem to be an option in my country. :(

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/transformers-2019-idw-books

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is there any good way to read CBZ comics on an Android device and maintain a read/unread list? I bought the Transformers bundle and saw a reading order, but I really would rather not reference a notepad entry every time I want to pick up a book.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Did 9-11 ruin Frank Millar in every way? Just read the drat end to the Dark Knight series and I wanna beat him up
Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/apr/27/frank-miller-xerxes-cursed-sin-city-the-dark-knight-returns
Oh dear

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

9/11 did break his brain but unlike most people his brain eventually got better.